Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Is there any way to make MC automatically create season folders?

Thanks!
(2019-03-24, 21:51)mataus19 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Is there any way to make MC automatically create season folders?

Thanks!
Not at this time but it has been requested and it's somewhere on the road map to do
(2019-03-24, 14:30)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-24, 05:52)chrissix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-24, 05:38)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]What exactly does that mean.... my collection data must be clean?

sry, language missunderstood: clean = accurate, neat, proper... = when all look like my screenshot then you get collection artwork. The way it looks now, it can not work.
Blue checkmarks are custom collections. Rescrape all until all checkmarks are green.
conlcusion on collection artwork: collection data maintenance first, collection artwork scrape second.  
 What exactly do you mean by custom? I didn't create them....
Rescraping a movie and adding to the collection still results in a blue triangle.
It mean mean you may have to delete the movie set cache. XML file and also the other hidden file under users roaming mediacompanion
(2019-03-24, 14:30)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]What exactly do you mean by custom? I didn't create them....
Rescraping a movie and adding to the collection still results in a blue triangle.

Maybe it's time to take a look at the wiki.
I know, I do also not like reading, but I made an exception on MediaCompanion  Wink
https://sourceforge.net/p/mediacompanion...MovieSets/
vbat99 put in a lot of time to explain everything as accurately as possible
Would nice with an option to NOT delete unknown keywords in nfo like
  <source>UHF Blu-ray</source>
  <edition>NONE</edition>
(2019-03-27, 18:25)Atomixo Wrote: [ -> ]Would nice with an option to NOT delete unknown keywords in nfo like
  <edition>NONE</edition>
Are <source>
and <edition>
valid Kodi nfo tags?
Nope
All kodi labels that are out there existing have Media Companion as well implemented.
It can not be used more than now in the movie .nfo's in kodi.

With the exception of movie <status></status>, but who already scrapes movies with placeholder files long time before they are released. Besides, I do not know any skin that would have that built in. Only TMDb has the info.
Another exception also anidb as extended rating is supported in kodi... but anime stuff is a whole world of its own, there exist seperate scraper/manager for that.
Thanks I was wondering if the <edition> tag was the new one for noting it was a Director's Cut, special edition, eccetera.
Oh well hopefully they will add that tag soon so I can add that to media companion
(2019-03-27, 23:18)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks I was wondering if the <edition> tag was the new one for noting it was a Director's Cut, special edition, eccetera.
Oh well hopefully they will add that tag soon so I can add that to media companion
Haha, that would be too good to be true!
No, as already mentioned by some Team Kodi member, it will be implemented in Kodi 19 Metropolis at the earliest. That will take years.

I think the tag will be called something like <version>.
Would be more accurate from my native language to the English translation but maybe it is only due to the different linguistic understanding.
Hi! I'm not new to all the kodi stuff.
Just new with Media Managers and .nfo handling.

My family is multilingual and that's why there are many entries in my kodi that are duplicated. I just wanted to add a language suffix in title in some entries to distinguish everything. It seems that .nfo's are the best solution for that.

I have actively tested all media managers that are still being developed. Of all the features I need, Media Companion fits best. I've been reading the last few weeks with your wiki and so far everything works perfectly. It was still a bit of trial and error. I also went through the thread history bit. Some help posts I do not understand why they are posted at all in very simple things. Either they some member are too lazy to risk a look into the wiki or too anxious to press a few buttons to understand how everything works. Anyway …

Question:
I am currently doing data maintenance on the "original title" tag.
Was wondering if it would be possible to set a fixed language instead of the original title? My wife and daughter speak good French and I want to make everything a little more accessible.
Also noticed on foreign language (especially in Asian original titles) that many skins can not represent the characters. So that does not look ugly, I am anyway forced to make the original title many adjustments.

EDIT:
@"chrissix" 
Quote:No, as already mentioned by some Team Kodi member, it will be implemented in Kodi 19 Metropolis at the earliest. That will take years.
Metropolis? Is this already fixed?
Welcome onboard the "U.S.S forum.kodi.tv" Captain 
Quote:Metropolis? Is this already fixed?
Haha Rofl , no i just call it that for fun, i've been betting with my kodi friends for a few bitcoins and the one who lands the hit owns the wallet. I hope team kodi will not let me down there.
Quote:Also noticed on foreign language (especially in Asian original titles) that many skins can not represent the characters. So that does not look ugly, I am anyway forced to make the original title many adjustments.
I had that problem too with not showable characters or language that i cannot read anayway. I re-edited all original title tags to IMDB "(original title)" or "World-wide (English title)", looks good now. My main language is german but we always well known of the english titles. I did that manually for me but maybe the feature would help others future.
(2019-03-27, 20:08)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-27, 18:25)Atomixo Wrote: [ -> ]Would nice with an option to NOT delete unknown keywords in nfo like
  <edition>NONE</edition>
Are <source>
and <edition>
valid Kodi nfo tags? 
>Are <source>
>and <edition>
>valid Kodi nfo tags? 

No, maybe not. TinyMediaManager use it
I use that as my register, but Media Companion to make nfo
And mediia companion delete it every time.

Thanks anyway
@Atomixo 

I see, now we unterstand what you mean.

TinyMediaManager uses own custom tags for filter/sort in TinyMediaManager and also writes it to .nfo's.

Now the other way round:
Media Companion has the tag <stars></stars> which can not be used in kodi and therefore also is more like a custom tag.
If you rescrape a .nfo in TinyMediaManager previous scraped with Media Companion, will then the tag be deleted?

Personally, I do not recommend having .nfo's written by several media managers at the same time.
The last time I experimented with that, it completely destroyed all .nfo's. I hope you have backups. But you will have some reason for that...

I also have all Media Managers currently still developed in use, cause i create a comprehensive feature comparison list to publish, but I only allow copies access.
(2019-03-28, 12:23)chrissix Wrote: [ -> ]>Now the other way round:
>Media Companion has the tag <stars></stars> which can not be used in kodi and therefore also is more like a custom tag.
>If you rescrape a .nfo in TinyMediaManager previous scraped with Media Companion, will then the tag be deleted?

No, TMM has an option to "importing unknown tags", so works fine.

>Personally, I do not recommend having .nfo's written by several media managers at the same time.
>The last time I experimented with that, it completely destroyed all .nfo's. I hope you have backups. But you will have some reason for that...

No, i have not any backup, but TMM store all in a database so easy write new nfo, and don't have any problem using dubble managers.

/Atomixo