Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-04-22, 03:20)artistwantab Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks.

I didn't realize when I clicked "change movie" and went to IMDB site I was still scrapping via TMDB.

Thanks again!

Yes, it seems that we get the IMDb Id from IMDB and hand it back to TMDb to scrape the movie, if TMDB is the default scraper.
So been using MC v3.6.7.5 for my Music Video library has there been any improvement in this area ?
Not sure what you're after is there something specific that needed to be fixed?
https://sourceforge.net/p/mediacompanion...onHistory/

you could check the revision history on the link above if something specific has been resolved
New Release.
Media Companion 3.731b
Date: 2019-04-23

More minor bugs.

New:
  • mc_com - Allow export of TV to template output like Movies already does.

Fixed:
  • TV - Fix change Series state wiped new rating nodes from nfo.
  • MC - Update Export to Kodi db format to include new ratings format.
  • MC - Change behaviour External Browser option. If no specific browser selected, use system default browser.
  • MC - Update for IMDB Id increased from 7 to 8 numbers.
  • Movie - Fix simple and advanced IMDB search for IMDBId.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.731b x86 & x64

Revision History
(2019-04-23, 00:10)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure what you're after is there something specific that needed to be fixed?
https://sourceforge.net/p/mediacompanion...onHistory/

you could check the revision history on the link above if something specific has been resolved
KODI plays the music videos fine.    When I click on titles it shows 0/1191 titles starting on top it shows square dot when I scroll down to 479/1191 so thats 478 square dots till shows title name (Shake, Shake,Shake) Shake your Booty with thumb nail shows Album cover KC Sunshine Band. The rest of the square dots when highlighted just shows fanart or album cover no Info. But I know they play OK when clicked on or in Party Mode. So when I click on a square dot it plays the song. If I click on the song while its playing to see what song it is it only shows a number in the upper right corner.
Can you do a screenshot between those two periods I need somewhere between 460 and 480 and either posted here or send me a p.m. with the picture
Couple questions.

Rating and votes... I never really concerned myself with these but I've decided to start including this in my metadata. But particular metadata like this is always changing.
So if I scrape a movie today and import it into Kodi using only local information is there any way to have current up to date info for this?

Also was thinking about actor images. I've often wondered why there wasn't a single actor database instead of the repetitive files... Since every movie has its own actor folder if you have an actor in 30 movies you will have 30 files for that person. Since that is how it works is there any way when scraping a movie for example from the 80's... to get an actual actor image that is current to the movie? I mean if I have actor images from a 40 year old movie with a current image you might not even recognize them... especially when you get to actors over 60 or 70 years old... Obviously doing this manually would be damn near impossible especially for libraries for 1000+ movies but if there was a database set up for this....
(2019-04-26, 19:03)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]Couple questions.

Rating and votes... I never really concerned myself with these but I've decided to start including this in my metadata. But particular metadata like this is always changing.
So if I scrape a movie today and import it into Kodi using only local information is there any way to have current up to date info for this?
Media Companion was developed so users could scrape the Movie/Series/Episode nfo's locally, had have control over the data, images etc before they are scanned into Kodi.
Unfortunately Kodi has no method to rescan existing nfo's for changed metadata, meaning once the nfo has been read and loaded in Kodi's database, Kodi will never again look at the nfo. Except if Forced to update from local data (usually one at a time) or by removing the source, don't delete, and then re-assigning the source and allowing Kodi to rescan all nfo's and update the database.
This is time consuming, and tedious.

Now, If Votes/Ratings are the only thing you wish updated in Kodi, I would suggest Texturecache.py by Milhouse. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158373
While Texturecache will not read from the nfo, it will get latest votes/ratings from the web and update Kodi Database directly.

Sory, there is no easy, one hit way to get this done.

(2019-04-26, 19:03)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]Also was thinking about actor images. I've often wondered why there wasn't a single actor database instead of the repetitive files... Since every movie has its own actor folder if you have an actor in 30 movies you will have 30 files for that person. Since that is how it works is there any way when scraping a movie for example from the 80's... to get an actual actor image that is current to the movie? I mean if I have actor images from a 40 year old movie with a current image you might not even recognize them... especially when you get to actors over 60 or 70 years old... Obviously doing this manually would be damn near impossible especially for libraries for 1000+ movies but if there was a database set up for this....
For the first part of this how about setting up MC to store actors in a central actor folder. See Wiki - Preferences -Actors

As for getting actor images for the age they were for specific movies, There is no current way to get this done.
I think it would be great nostalgia to get Images like these for Actors, but I haven't seen or heard of any site, or method, to get those images.
Manually is the only way for now, and yes, would be a pain in the but.
EDIT: Just for record, problem solved described here: https://sourceforge.net/p/mediacompanion/tickets/191/
___
Hi @vbat99 

Have tested the last days extensively your new MC version. One and a half months have passed since the last one.

It really seems like all the gross bugs on TvShows have disappeared now. During testing, as in previous versions, neither ratings/votes/tags were deleted if i changed certain settings. Sometimes also the ratings were falsified in all episodes, now everything seems to work out. Really Great! I think I can use TvShows again without being scared. Great work!

Films have been working very stable for a long time!
But one thing I've noticed for some time now:
Set Filter on Movie Tags (on bottom left) just does not work.

I use 21 Tags, but only 2 tags are displayed as options for filtering.
Refreshing all movies or Re-Populate Tags from Movies (there i see all tags!) have no effect.
For some strange reason only the 2 tags are displayed for filtering wich are most tagged (over 100 times)

EDIT: Solved!
Additional minor problem: I deactivated all filter checkboxes so that the filter bar was no longer visible. But now when i right click no drop down menu more shown to activate checkmark options for the filter again.
Once i have cleared all checkmarks once, bottom left for everything seems to be dead forever. Can you tell me a trick how I can make the filters visible again without whiping the complete MC settings?
EDIT: I went to the config.xml and set one random filter from false to true and now the right click submenu for filter visible checkmarks now appearing again!

May you have an idea why i dont see my tags for filtering.

Great thanks in advance! Greetings, Chris
___
(2019-04-26, 23:33)chrissix Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @vbat99 

Have tested the last days extensively your new MC version. One and a half months have passed since the last one.

It really seems like all the gross bugs on TvShows have disappeared now. During testing, as in previous versions, neither ratings/votes/tags were deleted if i changed certain settings. Sometimes also the ratings were falsified in all episodes, now everything seems to work out. Really Great! I think I can use TvShows again without being scared. Great work!

Films have been working very stable for a long time!
But one thing I've noticed for some time now:
Set Filter on Movie Tags (on bottom left) just does not work.

I use 21 Tags, but only 2 tags are displayed as options for filtering.
Refreshing all movies or Re-Populate Tags from Movies (there i see all tags!) have no effect.
For some strange reason only the 2 tags are displayed for filtering wich are most tagged (over 100 times)

EDIT: Solved!
Additional minor problem: I deactivated all filter checkboxes so that the filter bar was no longer visible. But now when i right click no drop down menu more shown to activate checkmark options for the filter again.
Once i have cleared all checkmarks once, bottom left for everything seems to be dead forever. Can you tell me a trick how I can make the filters visible again without whiping the complete MC settings?
EDIT: I went to the config.xml and set one random filter from false to true and now the right click submenu for filter visible checkmarks now appearing again!

May you have an idea why i dont see my tags for filtering.

Great thanks in advance! Greetings, Chris
___

You can drag the bottom bar up if it is minimized, well you should be able to.

As for the tags, I'll have a look into this.

Might need your tagcache.xml file to load up some movies with these tags to test.. Can you PM me a link to that file (or open a Ticket and attached the file to the ticket)
(2019-04-27, 08:14)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]tagcache.xml
___
EDIT: Problem solved, solution described in the ticket link.
___
ticket was created & tagcache.xml attached: https://sourceforge.net/p/mediacompanion/tickets/191/
Thanks for the tip with tagcache.xml, I just looked in and everything is there. In kodi also all tags work fine, it is really only the only problem that the tags are not available for filtering.
Quote:You can drag the bottom bar up if it is minimized, well you should be able to.
Please try at your own: right click drop down menu "Configure Movie Filters" -> uncheck all checkmarks filter options. Can you get the right click drop down menu "Configure Movie Filters" back?
(2019-04-27, 14:40)chrissix Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:You can drag the bottom bar up if it is minimized, well you should be able to.
Please try at your own: right click drop down menu "Configure Movie Filters" -> uncheck all checkmarks filter options. Can you get the right click drop down menu "Configure Movie Filters" back?
Ok, can't drag the bar up, as no filter is selected to fill the void.
But, can move the mouse between the filter bar and bottom bar, and right click to bring up the Configure Movie Filters box to re-enable filters.

(2019-04-28, 00:26)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-27, 14:40)chrissix Wrote: [ -> ]
Ok, can't drag the bar up, as no filter is selected to fill the void.
But, can move the mouse between the filter bar and bottom bar, and right click to bring up the Configure Movie Filters box to re-enable filters.

One way to fix that would be to make general un-selectable.  You can still drag the bar up or down.
Hi all just a quick question ( I hope ) any idea why in kodi it's not grouping the movies into sets that belong in sets ? it used to when using emby to scrap the metadata ? cheers
(2019-04-28, 00:26)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]But, can move the mouse between the filter bar and bottom bar, and right click to bring up the Configure Movie Filters box to re-enable filters.
@vbat99 
I swear I made a right click over 100 times in this area. Once everything is disabled, the drop down menu will not return.
A possible reason but really not sure: MC uses the Windows own UI, i meanwhile use Build 1809 of Windows 10, 
my MC UI looks completely different to yours (not meant negative, I like it very much) but maybe there are still a few pixel differences that make it impossible for me to get the drop down menu back again.

@bobrap 
Quote:One way to fix that would be to make general un-selectable.  You can still drag the bar up or down.
That's exactly what I'm doing right now to avoid the problem.
___
Quote:Hi all just a quick question ( I hope ) any idea why in kodi it's not grouping the movies into sets that belong in sets ? it used to when using emby to scrap the metadata ? cheers
@wints 

That your movie sets are fitting in kodi, all set data must also be correct in Media Companion.
Maybe post #5052-5055, and #5059 helping further - same problem.
Also the MC wiki is very useful: https://sourceforge.net/p/mediacompanion...MovieSets/

All is mainly designed for kodi only, maybe there is other behavior when use also emby and so on.