Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fanart.tv collection (set) art?

When I am in "movies" and go to the "fanart.TV" tab, there is a green button "Show Movie Set Artwork" but when I click it nothing happens.  Is there something that needs to be setup? I do have movie preferences artwork checked for Download MovieSet Artwork and  From Fanart.TV and also Get Fanart.TV Artwork to central folder.

scott s.
(2019-04-26, 21:40)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-26, 19:03)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]Couple questions.

Rating and votes... I never really concerned myself with these but I've decided to start including this in my metadata. But particular metadata like this is always changing.
So if I scrape a movie today and import it into Kodi using only local information is there any way to have current up to date info for this?
Media Companion was developed so users could scrape the Movie/Series/Episode nfo's locally, had have control over the data, images etc before they are scanned into Kodi.
Unfortunately Kodi has no method to rescan existing nfo's for changed metadata, meaning once the nfo has been read and loaded in Kodi's database, Kodi will never again look at the nfo. Except if Forced to update from local data (usually one at a time) or by removing the source, don't delete, and then re-assigning the source and allowing Kodi to rescan all nfo's and update the database.
This is time consuming, and tedious.

Now, If Votes/Ratings are the only thing you wish updated in Kodi, I would suggest Texturecache.py by Milhouse. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158373
While Texturecache will not read from the nfo, it will get latest votes/ratings from the web and update Kodi Database directly.

Sory, there is no easy, one hit way to get this done.
(2019-04-26, 19:03)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]Also was thinking about actor images. I've often wondered why there wasn't a single actor database instead of the repetitive files... Since every movie has its own actor folder if you have an actor in 30 movies you will have 30 files for that person. Since that is how it works is there any way when scraping a movie for example from the 80's... to get an actual actor image that is current to the movie? I mean if I have actor images from a 40 year old movie with a current image you might not even recognize them... especially when you get to actors over 60 or 70 years old... Obviously doing this manually would be damn near impossible especially for libraries for 1000+ movies but if there was a database set up for this....
For the first part of this how about setting up MC to store actors in a central actor folder. See Wiki - Preferences -Actors

As for getting actor images for the age they were for specific movies, There is no current way to get this done.
I think it would be great nostalgia to get Images like these for Actors, but I haven't seen or heard of any site, or method, to get those images.
Manually is the only way for now, and yes, would be a pain in the but. 

Thank you. I will look into Texturecache.

As for the actors. If I would decide to go with a central folder would a local one take precedence if I decided to do so?
Meaning I put all my actors in a local folder then decide I would like to do what I mentioned with select movies and have an actors folder in those movie folders. Would Kodi prioritize those when scraping or is it a one or the other thing?

As for the actors by year thing I think it is something that could actually be done it there was enough interest and people got involved. I mean movies in the last 5-10 years would already be fine for the most part. Then if you acquire an actor image from 1980 for example that image could be used for a few years of movies from that timeframe. I'm sure the sources are out there with Google, then and now websites comparing actors and so fourth. Or maybe its just too much effort... I'd say at the least I'll do this for some movies in the future.
(2019-04-29, 02:22)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]Fanart.tv collection (set) art?

When I am in "movies" and go to the "fanart.TV" tab, there is a green button "Show Movie Set Artwork" but when I click it nothing happens.  Is there something that needs to be setup? I do have movie preferences artwork checked for Download MovieSet Artwork and  From Fanart.TV and also Get Fanart.TV Artwork to central folder.

scott s.
The button is also on "standalone movies" there,
but on movies part of a set and when the collection data is properly scraped in movie .nfo:
Code:
<set>
     <name></name>
     <overview></overview>
</set>
<setid></setid>
<collectionnumber></collectionnumber>
...it works perfect on my side

But I use parent folder system!
___
It might be advisable to hide the button in standalone movies
(2019-04-23, 14:11)Rickt1962 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-23, 00:10)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure what you're after is there something specific that needed to be fixed?
https://sourceforge.net/p/mediacompanion...onHistory/

you could check the revision history on the link above if something specific has been resolved
KODI plays the music videos fine.    When I click on titles it shows 0/1191 titles starting on top it shows square dot when I scroll down to 479/1191 so thats 478 square dots till shows title name (Shake, Shake,Shake) Shake your Booty with thumb nail shows Album cover KC Sunshine Band. The rest of the square dots when highlighted just shows fanart or album cover no Info. But I know they play OK when clicked on or in Party Mode. So when I click on a square dot it plays the song. If I click on the song while its playing to see what song it is it only shows a number in the upper right corner.
@Rickt1962
Can you do a screenshot between those two periods I need somewhere between 460 and 480 and either posted here or send me a p.m. with the picture
(2019-04-28, 16:54)wints Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all just a quick question ( I hope ) any idea why in kodi it's not grouping the movies into sets that belong in sets ? it used to when using emby to scrap the metadata ? cheers

@wints

Sorry, missed this question.
In Kodi, go to Settings, Media, Video, and scroll down the list of options and ensure that you have enabled
Show Movie Sets
Optionally also enable
Include sets containing a single movie - but that one is your choice.

Personally, in here I also enable
Flatten heirachy
(2019-04-28, 17:27)chrissix Wrote: [ -> ]@vbat99 
I swear I made a right click over 100 times in this area. Once everything is disabled, the drop down menu will not return.
A possible reason but really not sure: MC uses the Windows own UI, i meanwhile use Build 1809 of Windows 10, 
my MC UI looks completely different to yours (not meant negative, I like it very much) but maybe there are still a few pixel differences that make it impossible for me to get the drop down menu back again.
Yes, I am running in Win7, with all the fancy turned off. ( Performance - Adjust for best performance)
(2019-04-28, 17:27)chrissix Wrote: [ -> ]@bobrap 
Quote:One way to fix that would be to make general un-selectable.  You can still drag the bar up or down.
That's exactly what I'm doing right now to avoid the problem.
Next release will have General filter always enabled, and removed from Configure Movie filters. Users can still minimized the filter list by double clicking the filter top bar, and same for expanding the filter list.

scott s.
@scott967, @chrissix
Next release will have the Show Movie Set Artwork button hidden if the movie selected is not in a collection.
(2019-04-29, 02:40)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you. I will look into Texturecache.

As for the actors. If I would decide to go with a central folder would a local one take precedence if I decided to do so?
Meaning I put all my actors in a local folder then decide I would like to do what I mentioned with select movies and have an actors folder in those movie folders. Would Kodi prioritize those when scraping or is it a one or the other thing?
This gets a bit messy, but MC doesn't shift the actors around. You'd need to delete all the .actors folders and rescrape the actors into the central folder from fresh.
This is due to the naming of these actors images, as well as loading the actors images url path to their new central folder location.
(2019-04-29, 02:40)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]As for the actors by year thing I think it is something that could actually be done it there was enough interest and people got involved. I mean movies in the last 5-10 years would already be fine for the most part. Then if you acquire an actor image from 1980 for example that image could be used for a few years of movies from that timeframe. I'm sure the sources are out there with Google, then and now websites comparing actors and so fourth. Or maybe its just too much effort... I'd say at the least I'll do this for some movies in the future.
This is a good thought, but would require a new website for hosting images, storing them in a database with date of image or age of actor/actress also with their year of birth, so there would be some way of calculating what image you need for a particular movie they were in.
Not impossible, but a bit of work.
Plus getting a location to Host these images, ensuring there is no copyrite infringement etc. Yikes....Thought about this too much.
(2019-04-30, 10:50)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-29, 02:40)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you. I will look into Texturecache.

This gets a bit messy, but MC doesn't shift the actors around. You'd need to delete all the .actors folders and rescrape the actors into the central folder from fresh.
This is due to the naming of these actors images, as well as loading the actors images url path to their new central folder location.
(2019-04-29, 02:40)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]As for the actors by year thing I think it is something that could actually be done it there was enough interest and people got involved. I mean movies in the last 5-10 years would already be fine for the most part. Then if you acquire an actor image from 1980 for example that image could be used for a few years of movies from that timeframe. I'm sure the sources are out there with Google, then and now websites comparing actors and so fourth. Or maybe its just too much effort... I'd say at the least I'll do this for some movies in the future.
This is a good thought, but would require a new website for hosting images, storing them in a database with date of image or age of actor/actress also with their year of birth, so there would be some way of calculating what image you need for a particular movie they were in.
Not impossible, but a bit of work.
Plus getting a location to Host these images, ensuring there is no copyrite infringement etc. Yikes....Thought about this too much. 

Well, you just made that sound more complicated than I thought it would be :-(
I was thinking just a database with a folder for each movie and you would acquire them that way and replace your current files.
I guess I'm getting in over my head here...
(2019-04-30, 10:13)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-28, 16:54)wints Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all just a quick question ( I hope ) any idea why in kodi it's not grouping the movies into sets that belong in sets ? it used to when using emby to scrap the metadata ? cheers

@wints

Sorry, missed this question.
In Kodi, go to Settings, Media, Video, and scroll down the list of options and ensure that you have enabled
Show Movie Sets
Optionally also enable
Include sets containing a single movie - but that one is your choice.

Personally, in here I also enable
Flatten heirachy 
Cheers for the reply, I already had those set in kodi, but I have some movies in sets but quite a lot that aren't ?
Something else I noticed.  If a movie nfo file is missing the <year> tag, it gets filtered out and there's no way to show it.  I could see with no filters set that the display indicated not all movies were being listed but I couldn't figure out why.  So I started experimenting with the filter and finally realized that in the "general" filters the "missing year" filter had a number which was the same as the difference between the total movies / movies shown.  Setting the "missing year" filter resulted in an empty list so there's no way to see those movies to rescrape or otherwise fix them.  I ended up using a text editor to go through the nfo files and manually add the <year> tag, then they all showed up.  It also seems like if you set the year to 1901 in the tag it can cause some issues.

I also found in Kodi I could find the "missing year" movies by creating a smart playlist with a rule year less than 1950 (arbitrary).  Just going to the "year" library node didn't work.

To verify I took an existing movie that was shown in the main browser and edited out the <year> tag then did a "refresh" and the movie could no longer be displayed.

scott s.
(2019-04-30, 10:45)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]

scott s.
@scott967, @chrissix
Next release will have the Show Movie Set Artwork button hidden if the movie selected is not in a collection. 

I'm not sure how the button is supposed to work?  I have the movie "Back to the Future" and also the "Back to the Future Collection".  On the "movie sets" tab it does show the Back to the Future Collection with Tmdbld checked and a green check on fanart and poster.  "Back to the Future" is shown in the "Movies in Collection" with a green "got it" check.

So when I go to the Fanart.tv tab there is a box with an artwork listing which I guess is for the movie itself.  Then I click the "Show Movie Set Artwork"  but nothing happens.  I went online to fanart.tv and it does have art for Back to the Future collection.

scott s.
@vbat99 , something really strange happened with MC.  I upgraded to 3.7.3.1 as I usually do, replacing my existing files in the MC directory with the new files from the install.  When I started up MC, it showed 0 movies, 0 tv shows, and none of my configuration was there.  It was as if I had installed it for the first time.

Are the settings backed up anywhere? Is there any way to load the movies/tv shows/actors, etc. from the caches?  I am really not looking forward to starting from scratch with my 6700+ movies and 600+ tv shows.  Please let me know what can be done and what additional info you need.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hey Bart, not sure what went on there unless something corrupted your config. XML file.
Checked if you see your source is still under the movie folder and in the TV series work folders.
The nfo for movies and TV series and episodes should still be with those video files so you might need to just re add the root folders and refresh all
(2019-04-30, 21:20)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-30, 10:45)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]

scott s.
@scott967, @chrissix

I'm not sure how the button is supposed to work?  I have the movie "Back to the Future" and also the "Back to the Future Collection".  On the "movie sets" tab it does show the Back to the Future Collection with Tmdbld checked and a green check on fanart and poster.  "Back to the Future" is shown in the "Movies in Collection" with a green "got it" check.

So when I go to the Fanart.tv tab there is a box with an artwork listing which I guess is for the movie itself.  Then I click the "Show Movie Set Artwork"  but nothing happens.  I went online to fanart.tv and it does have art for Back to the Future collection.

scott s.
What's a hold fire until the next release as there are definitely fixes for that series button but they should show movie set images for valid Movie sets it does for me