Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got it. Would it be a bad thing though if MC allowed you to manually scrape the information from a tv show into a movie info? I've found that some fields can't be edited, like votes & IMDB ID, so I guess they are only populated by a successful scrape. And filling out the actor information manually is pretty tedious... makes you really appreciate the scraping ability of this program Smile

I have 2 other titles like this too, so as a workaround I was going to try and scrape them as tv shows, but I could not ANY tv shows to scrape. I'll try it again tomorrow in case services are down.
(2019-12-22, 19:52)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-22, 16:47)JanM201 Wrote: [ -> ]Anybody else having problems scraping the Rotten Tomatoes ratings?

Apologies for the late reply, just tested with the first movie example you sent me, and with a OMDbAPi Key, I do get ratings from Rotten Tomatoe
xml:
<ratings>
<rating name="tomatometerallcritics" max="10">
<value>8.4</value>
<votes>358</votes>
</rating>
<rating name="tomatometerallaudience" max="10">
<value>4.0</value>
<votes>N/A</votes>
</rating>
<rating name="themoviedb" max="10" default="true">
<value>6.1</value>
<votes>1390</votes>
</rating>
</ratings>

The second title I received nothing, but the third also returned Tomato ratings.

This indicates its working correctly, but you do need your own API key for OMDbAPI. Also, that not all movie titles have Rotten Tomato data available. 
Also now tested ratings again. 
tomatometerallcritics is working fine on rating and votes.
On tomatometerallaudience the rating is also working fine, only on several movies the votes are not functional.
(Some months ago tomatometerallaudience was complete dead)

But on kodi internal universal movie scraper the results are equal same so it's caused by OMDB API and Media Companion is fine.
Only current workaround to look into rotten tomatoes website and type the data manual into the .nfo
@vbat99 

Unfortunately, on tvshows episodes the "directors" do not work with the new update either. Have i overlooked settings?
Only current workaround to type in the manual way from TVDB. Luckily i scraped ony Mini-Series and new TV Shows with only 1 or 2 seasons the last time.

But typing in manual on a long running tvshow with infinite episodes will be horrible.
Any idea?
(2019-12-28, 13:06)chrissix Wrote: [ -> ]@vbat99 

Unfortunately, on tvshows episodes the "directors" do not work with the new update either. Have i overlooked settings?
Only current workaround to type in the manual way from TVDB. Luckily i scraped ony Mini-Series and new TV Shows with only 1 or 2 seasons the last time.

But typing in manual on a long running tvshow with infinite episodes will be horrible.
Any idea?

There is a fix for Directors for TVDB API V2 in place for next release, but having difficulty getting API V1 working. If it wasn't that V1 API was so much quicker I'd drop V1 altogether.
I'll put out a new release once I get Directors working on both APIs
Hi @vbat99 
Just a quick question. How do I get Kodi to recognize my set artwork.
I've scraped the set artwork but I only see the first movie in the set's poster but not my set artwork.
Any help is appreciated.
(2020-01-04, 12:36)JanM201 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @vbat99 
I've scraped the set artwork but I only see the first movie in the set's poster but not my set artwork.
Any help is appreciated.

Unfortunately Kodi by itself currently does not load Set Artwork, you will need a third-party addon.
I use Movie Set Artwork Automator (Discontinued), others use Artwork Beef.
Either of these will scan and update Kodi with the Set Artwork.

Looks like Kodi 19 with have the functionality baked in. Movie Set Information Folder
(2019-12-28, 13:06)chrissix Wrote: [ -> ]@vbat99 

Any idea?

Regarding Directors, V1 API faulty from TVDb. I have a request to get this fixed, but no idea how long it will take as they have a number of issues to resolve.
Uncheck the option Use tvdb API V1 in TV Preferences, Scraper tab to get directors to populate for episodes, in the next release.
Will be getting a new release out very soon.
New Release.
Media Companion 3.739
Date: 2020-01-05

**Known Issues**
There are still a number of issues with TheTVDb API, the number one remaining is not retrieving directors for series via V1 API.
The work-around is to un-select Use TVDB API V1 in TV Preferences.
TV Selector tab still only active with English Language selected.

All TVDb issues in progress or fixed are listed at and updated at: https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=60239

New:

Fixed:
  • TV - Fix Directors V2 API episode scrape.
  • TV - Fix Get series XML from TVDB V1 API.
  • TV - Fix loading multi-episode nfo's exported from Kodi with multiple Root Elements.
  • TV - Fix Poster tab, posters and banners, now using thetvdb V2 API.
  • MC - Fix check for new release, will work again from Version 3.740b.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.739b x86 & x64

Revision History
(2020-01-05, 02:23)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-04, 12:36)JanM201 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @vbat99 
Any help is appreciated.

Unfortunately Kodi by itself currently does not load Set Artwork, you will need a third-party addon.
I use Movie Set Artwork Automator (Discontinued), others use Artwork Beef.
Either of these will scan and update Kodi with the Set Artwork.

Looks like Kodi 19 with have the functionality baked in. Movie Set Information Folder 
Hi,
Using Artwork Beef & working perfectly now.
Thanks very much Rofl
Using current version 3.7.3.9b I'm still getting this error trying to scrape new TV episodes.

"Using Settings: TVdbID: 75978 SortOrder: default Language: en Actor Source: tvdb
ping body of episode: 10!!! Initializing TVDb...!!! Error - Running action [Scrape found Episodes] threw [The remote server returned an error: (502) Bad Gateway.]"
Another issue with tvdb or cloudfare. Gateway error message.

See this ticket on media companion sourceforge tickets.
https://sourceforge.net/p/mediacompanion/tickets/262/
Hi @vbat99 
I think I found a little problem, see picture:

As you can see I've not ticked 'Use Original title' as Sort Title, but in the 'Sort' heading on top it still puts it's there.
Am I missing something?
Thanks
(2020-01-11, 13:14)JanM201 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @vbat99 
I think I found a little problem, see picture:

As you can see I've not ticked 'Use Original title' as Sort Title, but in the 'Sort' heading on top it still puts it's there.
Am I missing something?
Thanks

This is a weird one, as in its not actually Media Companion's fault, but rather the data returned via TMDb.
I see this movie titled on TMDB as Shark Bait, no the Reef.
But it shows it is also know as in US as The Reef.

Its possible we are getting different results depending on where in the world you are.

But easy fix. Just copy the title over to the Sort Title, and click save button.

Cheers
Thanks, I've done so. Laugh
I'm a first time use of MC for TV Shows, so maybe I am not doing something right. I have a test folder setup with a few shows in it. Today I upgraded to the latest version of MC and scraped this folder. It only found 1 of the shows and scraped it fine. About a minute later I tried to rescrape that show, but each time I got this error:

Rescraping Series: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
Initializing TVDb...!!! Error - Running action [Scrape TVDb Series Main Body] threw [TVDb is unavailable!]

What would cause this? It seems unlikely that the TVDB is actually down each time I try.