Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-03-13, 04:48)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]vbat99,

Artwork section, autoscrape artwork on the top left I have first 3 options checked and on 3rd option fanart.tv select art I have all of them selected. On the top right, I have selected allow save extra artwork and TMDb as source.

I guess I am not sure what my selections are doing. I want to download all extra artwork from fanart.tv (logo, disc, banner, etc) and extra fanart from TMDb and when I scrape a new movie I only get poster and fanart

Help is greatly appreciated

Not sure if you got this resolved, but I just tested with the movie The Matrix, and MC scraped banner, clearart, clearlogo, discart, keyart, landscape from Fanart.TV
(2021-03-13, 20:37)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]I tried updating ratings by using the wizard and selecting all 4 options on top right and got this error message:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Exception: TMDb is unavailable!
   at Media_Companion.TMDb.Fetch()
   at Media_Companion.Movie.RescrapeSpecific(RescrapeList rl)
   at Media_Companion.Movies.BatchRescrapeSpecific(List`1 NfoFilenames, RescrapeList rl)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.CallSubByName(String SubName)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.BckWrkScnMovies_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

Sorry, not seeing an issue here. rescraped ratings from Batch Wizard without an error.
(2021-04-10, 01:18)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]Feature req:  would be nice if home movies would write <premiered> tag instead of <year> which I think is deprecated.

scott s.

Will make this happen for the next release.
(2021-04-12, 19:11)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to do a bulk edit of TV episodes.
I just put together a massive collection of Looney Tunes... complete with many 'specials'...65 episodes to be precise.
I guess due to insufficient info on the TVDB every episode has a 0 in the 'Airs After Season' box... This is making every special appear in every season folder. So aside from changing that input to a blank box and clicking save on every file individually is there any way to do this to every episode in one shot?

At present there is no way to bulk edit tv episodes.
We get the 'Airs After Season' info from TVDb, do these episodes have that info on TVDb site?
(2021-04-13, 02:01)mata7 Wrote: [ -> ]im getting this error every time i open the tv shows tab, can someone please help to fix it, thanks

System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Xml.Linq.XCData' to type 'System.Xml.Linq.XElement'.
   at ProtoXML.ProtoFile.CleanNode(XElement Element, String elementName)
   at ProtoXML.ProtoFile.LoadDoc()
   at ProtoXML.ProtoFile.Load(String Path)
   at Media_Companion.TvShow.Load(String Path)
   at ProtoXML.ProtoFile.Load()
   at Media_Companion.Form1.tv_SelectedSeries(TvShow Show)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.TvTreeview_AfterSelect_Do()

CData type has been from coming from using a different media scraper program than MC, eg: Emby
Current MC does not support CData embedded in the xml node, but will be present in the next release of Media Companion.
(2021-05-11, 14:07)Ozpeg Wrote: [ -> ]If I set a TV Series or Movie to "watched" in MC, and confgured the XBCLink,  does MC update the NFO file (I have configured Kodi to use local data) ?

No, MC does not alter the watched state in Kodi.

There was a method I linked to in MC Wiki manual
https://sourceforge.net/p/mediacompanion...tusImport/
but I can not confirm if this is still valid.
(2021-05-21, 04:46)KidKiwi Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to stop MC scraping actor links in the main tvshow.nfo file?
Not sure what you mean. links back to the web images for the actor?

Quote:Also, can you force MC to use episode plot synopsis from IMDB?

Many thanks for a great program
Only if you are using the TMDb scraper for TV Series, there is an option to Get IMDb plot if possible
If using TVDb, it is not possible.
Hello all

I have been away from Media Companion for some time now, Real life issues etc.

I will be endeavoring to update MC with bug fixes as I slowly get more free time. I will be looking firstly at the major bugs, and some promised features, but this will take time.

I hope to have a new MC release coming out in the next few weeks, so any issue found, please post them up with examples on how to reproduce.

Thanks, and again, sorry I have been absent from responding to messages on this thread.

Rob
(2021-05-21, 10:24)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-05-21, 04:46)KidKiwi Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to stop MC scraping actor links in the main tvshow.nfo file?
Not sure what you mean. links back to the web images for the actor?

Well...I looked in the TVShow.nfo and found a whole lot of links that point to the web for an actor image. This is expected behavior I assume.

I do NOT use actor images at all, so it seemed to be unnecessary space being used in the TVShow.nfo (and it makes it more messy than needed), so I wondered if there was a way to stop these links being written to the nfo.

Glad to have you back. I know what's it's like to have life become involved in our free time. Wait.......what free time! Shocked
Request:

If you find the time to add trakt ratings for both movies and tvshows, a couple of skins are capable of displaying those ratings.

Thanks
(2021-05-21, 10:18)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-13, 02:01)mata7 Wrote: [ -> ]im getting this error every time i open the tv shows tab, can someone please help to fix it, thanks

System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Xml.Linq.XCData' to type 'System.Xml.Linq.XElement'.
   at ProtoXML.ProtoFile.LoadDoc()
   at ProtoXML.ProtoFile.Load(String Path)
   at Media_Companion.TvShow.Load(String Path)
   at ProtoXML.ProtoFile.Load()
   at Media_Companion.Form1.tv_SelectedSeries(TvShow Show)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.TvTreeview_AfterSelect_Do()

CData type has been from coming from using a different media scraper program than MC, eg: Emby
Current MC does not support CData embedded in the xml node, but will be present in the next release of Media Companion.

yeah i use emby so at least i know what the problem is, was drive me crazy , I'm glad you will get it fix, thank you very much
vbat99

Is there an easy way to have my nfo's updated so it includes uniqueid for imdb and tmdb? I have a significant number of NFOs that do not have this information.

I am checking some of my older movies and the label is: <uniqueid type="unknown">tt0277027</uniqueid>

Thanks
hi is there a way to mark a movie as new?

thanks
(2021-05-21, 10:17)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-12, 19:11)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to do a bulk edit of TV episodes.
I just put together a massive collection of Looney Tunes... complete with many 'specials'...65 episodes to be precise.
I guess due to insufficient info on the TVDB every episode has a 0 in the 'Airs After Season' box... This is making every special appear in every season folder. So aside from changing that input to a blank box and clicking save on every file individually is there any way to do this to every episode in one shot?

At present there is no way to bulk edit tv episodes.
We get the 'Airs After Season' info from TVDb, do these episodes have that info on TVDb site?
TVDb has the date that they were aired but MC3 lists them all as airing after season 0 so all of them appear in every season.
Not the end of the world to edit it all manually... I can knock it out in 10 minutes or so.
But I'm pretty sure I've also had this issue a few times with other shows as well... at least I know how to fix it now.
Greetings 

I have just re-imaged my laptop,and as a result re-installed MC

I have just noticed, after scraping movies the movie outlines for all movies is missing.

So far i have 
* Unzipped MC again, an dreplaced the current files
* Removed the movie folder, re-added, and rescraped
* manually rescraped the movies
* Ran the "Batch Rescraper Wizard"

Outlines are still not showing - any suggestions how to recover the outlines ?