Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-12-17, 02:09)rev105 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-16, 10:30)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-14, 00:46)rev105 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey developers, Thanks for making and maintaining this program!

Can you please make a tool like the Create date fix for the date added field in the NFO?

I am updating Kodi for the first time in several years and they are now looking at the NFO for date added if you use the advanced settings date added video library setting instead of the create date of the video file.   

Thanks,
Troy

Thats an excellent idea, and I will incorporate it into MC, but I need to fix the blunder I did first.

I'm excited to see some new releases! I see the way the date added is applied was changed. Any chance on still getting a tool to change date added to existing nfo's?
(2021-12-05, 23:33)rev105 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm excited to see some new releases! I see the way the date added is applied was changed. Any chance on still getting a tool to change date added to existing nfo's?

Fix button is in Movie Preferences -> Advanced tab.
Fix 'Date Added' button.
Just a quick question for the dev..
I've noticed the "regular" scraper tvdb is now inserting an episodes unique id again.. 1st question is "showid" supposed to be the series id or the episode id..
Also, when the resraper wizard is run..it replaces the episode unique id with the tv series id.. is this intentional.. Ive been opening up the first run scrape nfo..the doing a wizard rescrape to get the tmdb numbers.. on new stuff..not looking forward to doing 300 shows though :-D
(2022-01-03, 10:45)Wills944 Wrote: [ -> ]Just a quick question for the dev..
I've noticed the "regular" scraper tvdb is now inserting an episodes unique id again.. 1st question is "showid" supposed to be the series id or the episode id..
Also, when the resraper wizard is run..it replaces the episode unique id with the tv series id.. is this intentional.. Ive been opening up the first run scrape nfo..the doing a wizard rescrape to get the tmdb numbers.. on new stuff..not looking forward to doing 300 shows though :-D

showid is the Series ID, it helps link the episodes to the series.
UniqueId is the episode id. It should not be being replaced when you run the Rescrape Wizard.

I will have to do some testing, so can you advise exact steps so I can reproduce please.
I need assistance with adjusting the settings.

I want all my TV series to be scraped by TMDB instead of TVDb.
Go to Folders on the TV tab, and in the left side where root Series folder are, set the dropbox to TMDb
Then Click Save Changes

I would recommend doing one root folder at a time, as MC goes to TMDb to update/add the TMDB Series ID.
(2022-01-17, 10:51)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Go to Folders on the TV tab, and in the left side where root Series folder are, set the dropbox to TMDb
Then Click Save Changes

I would recommend doing one root folder at a time, as MC goes to TMDb to update/add the TMDB Series ID.

Thank you! I can't believe it was right in my face!
(2022-01-18, 03:44)marhutchy Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you! I can't believe it was right in my face!

So I may have missed a step.
After changing the folder to be scraped from TMDB, and before doing a Scrape or Rescrape of a Series, Run the batch wizard and only select in Series TMDb Id
This will add the missing TMDb Id to the series and any scraping or rescraping will succeed.
vbat99,

Do all 4K movies get labeled HDR by default?
(2022-01-18, 19:18)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]vbat99,

No.

4K is from the video resolution
in the Alpha (Nightly) build of Kodi, there is a new video stream tag
<hdrtype> which identifies if the video is HDR, and what type, ie HDR10
(2022-01-25, 09:24)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-01-18, 19:18)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]vbat99,

No.

4K is from the video resolution
in the Alpha (Nightly) build of Kodi, there is a new video stream tag
<hdrtype> which identifies if the video is HDR, and what type, ie HDR10
What about the movies that are 4K but SDR? The good, the bad and the ugly is one example that shows up as HDR in MC.

Edit: I found a post in Reddit stating that if it is BT.709 it is SDR and BT.2020 it is HDR. If this is correct, under the file details tab in MC we can see this label and maybe use it to flag the movie as SDR.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PleX/comments/7..._from_the/
I found, while adding HDR icon and Dolby Vision, that MC had a crude method of signaling HDR.
It went off the Bit Count for a movie. So if a Movie was encoded 9 bits or more, MC created a HDR overlay.

This has been resolved, and now is read from the stream.
OK, Now, meaning the next release of Media Companion.
New Release.
Media Companion 3.754
Date: 2022-02-06

Bug fixes plus couple new options. See below

Special Note: after installing this build, if you are upgrading an existing Media Companion, Please do a Refresh All on TV Series to correct and ID error with episodes.

Changes:
  • TV - Change color of series title in Treeview if series is empty for better visual representation.
  • TV - F2 Manual series add, New year option in TV Preferences, Extras tab.
  • TV - F2 Manual series add, add option to autocreate season folders.
  • TV - Fix old underlying issue with Episode Id numbers, specially when batch rescraping.
  • TV - Tidyup code, final fix series/Episode Id's, Final fix change root folder scraper source.
  • TV - New option in TV Preferences \-> General, Auto-Hide Banner box if no banner available.
  • TV - Episodes save runtime with or without "min" without needing stream details rescrape.
  • TV - Fix picturebox split position when changing profiles.
  • Movie - Fix ID usage for Fanart.TV site.
  • Movie - Renamed a filter for Fanart.TV.
  • Movie - Try improve getting year from filename if example (1895-1905) (2015), get four digits in brackets first.
  • MC - Removal of Pre-Frodo etc art type selection.
  • MC - Update mediainfo dll.
  • MC - add support for nfo tag hdrtype, and add overlay icons for hdr10 and dolbyvision.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.754b x86 & x64

Revision History
I believe this is a bug that I started experiencing:

After viewing a movie in Kodi I update MC by clicking on watched. I find the movie using the white box to the left of "displaying" and if it is the only movie listed after I click viewed the movie disappears from the left panel and the title of the movie gets deleted as well as other data in the nfo file.
(2022-03-19, 01:31)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]I believe this is a bug that I started experiencing:

After viewing a movie in Kodi I update MC by clicking on watched. I find the movie using the white box to the left of "displaying" and if it is the only movie listed after I click viewed the movie disappears from the left panel and the title of the movie gets deleted as well as other data in the nfo file.

Checked and re-checked. Tested over and over again. Not happening for me.