Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2022-09-05, 11:42)Afonzo Wrote: [ -> ]But how can it show all that then within a profile of an offline drive? So when you search for a movie on an offline drive MC shows it anyway although the drive is offline because you have set up a profile?

Then no

MC will not work without the files being present.

Your only option then is to connect the drive, then use the Export Movie List Info off the Movie toolbar to create an HTML page which will list your movies, with plot etc for you to browse.
This exported file you can open anytime without the drive connected.

Good luck.
Best export is probably Movie Card Filter
Quote:    But how can it show all that then within a profile of an offline drive? So when you search for a movie on an offline drive MC shows it anyway although the drive is offline because you have set up a profile?

Then no

Very sorry for my extrem confusion. So but what were that profiles for then?

Many thanks!
Quote: Best export is probably Movie Card Filter
So I would then export dozens of thousands of movies / episodes to HTML files and could see the movie / series information as if the movie / series would be on the online drive?
(2022-09-05, 11:55)Afonzo Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: But how can it show all that then within a profile of an offline drive? So when you search for a movie on an offline drive MC shows it anyway although the drive is offline because you have set up a profile?

Then no

Very sorry for my extrem confusion. So but what were that profiles for then?

Many thanks!
Apologies, I thought you were wondering how to work with media on removeable drives with Media Companion.

(2022-09-05, 11:58)Afonzo Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: Best export is probably Movie Card Filter
So I would then export dozens of thousands of movies / episodes to HTML files and could see the movie / series information as if the movie / series would be on the online drive?

Yes. Then you can browse them via any web browser, without the drive needing to be connected.
One of the templates looks like this:

I suggest you experiment with the different templates. You can also develop your own template. Check our Wiki for more info.

Cheers
OK, many thanks!
No worries...just glad you are still at it.

The DVD Sorting did the trick.   Thanks!

Quote:Hi @artistwantab

Apologies, but I was not receiving any notifications from this thread.

Yes this app is still being developed, although slowly at present.

As for scraping form TVDB, I have no issues here with V1 or V2 API, Scraping Lost in Space Seasons 2 & 3 perfectly.
My one concern is that you have selected DVD Sorting, which if not set on TVDB, will probably cause the issue you are experiencing.

Generally, Episode sort order - Use Default
should be selected unless this is a series known to have aired differently to the DVD release sort order.

You also say you had success when selecting in the root folder to TVDb, but after the series scraped, change this to TVDB (Capital B)
There are only two options
TVDb - TheTvDb site
or
TMDB - TheMoviedDB site.

This section is for selecting the series under a specific root TV folder to have episodes scraped from TheTVDb or TheMovieDb
Your success is probably due to episode being scraped from TheMovieDb instead.

I hope this helps somewhat in resolving your issues. And again, I am sorry I did not check this forum instead of relying on email notifications.
Is there any way to have the extrafanart downloaded be the same quality as the fanart? Currently it seems to download fanart with titles included rather than a nice clean high quality image.

Thanks
@vbat99 
I've noticed the same as the above. Recently instead of fetching plain background fanarts it is also mixing landscapes in with them.
@vbat99 

I've noticed that when I do batch rescrape of Episodes to add the <tmdbid> number it does that alright but at same time changes the <uniqueid type="tvdb" default="true"> to <uniqueid type="tmdb" default="true">, any particular reason for this. Fortunately the <showid> remains unchanged unless you rescrape the TV Show as well in which case it changes that to tmdb default as well and changes Episode <showid> to the tmdb show id.

T would have thought that simply adding an id number would do just that and not fiddle with the default episode and/or show id?
(2022-10-20, 12:09)Herman Munster Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to have the extrafanart downloaded be the same quality as the fanart? Currently it seems to download fanart with titles included rather than a nice clean high quality image.

Thanks

MC gets what artwork is available, there is no method to identify if text is contained in the image. MC just gets the first 10 images in the selected language.
As for image quality, MC should be downloading in the same as fanart resolution, or if only lower resolution is available, saved as lower resolution. MC does not upscale images.
(2022-10-20, 13:32)Juan Mortyme Wrote: [ -> ]@vbat99 

I've noticed that when I do batch rescrape of Episodes to add the <tmdbid> number it does that alright but at same time changes the <uniqueid type="tvdb" default="true"> to <uniqueid type="tmdb" default="true">, any particular reason for this. Fortunately the <showid> remains unchanged unless you rescrape the TV Show as well in which case it changes that to tmdb default as well and changes Episode <showid> to the tmdb show id.

T would have thought that simply adding an id number would do just that and not fiddle with the default episode and/or show id?

Good catch, confirmed this is occurring, will get a fix for this sorted this weekend. Plan on a new release this weekend also.
New Release.
Media Companion 3.757
Date: 2022-10-24

New requested options, couple of bugs squashed.

Changes:
  • MC - Update MediaInfo.dll.
  • TV - Fix Manual add series (F2) if series title already has the year, don't add it to the folder title again.
  • TV - Rework TV Table view, add columns, save column sizing.
  • TV - Add column select button to tv table tab.
  • TV - Add Menu option to downsize Poster or downsize Fanart to set preferred image sizes.
  • TV - Add optional filter to display Un Verified series only. Enable filter in TV Preferences, General Tab.
  • TV - Fix Episode Id's changed to TMDB Default when running Batch Wizard to get TMDB Eisode Id's.
  • TV - Quick add fixed to not download artwork.
  • TV - Batch Wizard will download actor images if Quick add option selected.
  • MusicVideo - Fix scraping and retrieving of data from Wikipedia.
  • Movie - Fix Outline from IMDB.
  • Movie - Fix rare issue where artwork was renamed to a base name.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.757b x86 & x64

Revision History
@vbat99 

Are you aware that in the tv episode nfo there is a duplication of the <runtime> element? This is not something new it's been like that for quite some time but doesn't seem to do any harm.

One other thing and this appears to have begun three or four updates ago. I've not done any investigating yet but I sometimes have an issue where all the actors get added as writers as well. It does not happen often and might be limited to movie nfo. I believe it happens when re-scraping media tags. I'll get back to you with more info if/when I can consistently reproduce the error.  

Thanks you for your continuing commitment to support and improve your fine program.
(2022-10-28, 15:58)Juan Mortyme Wrote: [ -> ]@vbat99 

Are you aware that in the tv episode nfo there is a duplication of the <runtime> element? This is not something new it's been like that for quite some time but doesn't seem to do any harm.
Thanks for catching this one, will be fixed in the next release

(2022-10-28, 15:58)Juan Mortyme Wrote: [ -> ]One other thing and this appears to have begun three or four updates ago. I've not done any investigating yet but I sometimes have an issue where all the actors get added as writers as well. It does not happen often and might be limited to movie nfo. I believe it happens when re-scraping media tags. I'll get back to you with more info if/when I can consistently reproduce the error.  

Thanks you for your continuing commitment to support and improve your fine program.

I can't reproduce this at my end, please let me know when you can reproduce and how to get this to occur.