Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you have any nfo file in there MC assumes that it created it. If you had used another program before then the the thing to do is to delete the nfo files. Remove all the tv shows from the right pane and save. Then click add from roots and save again. This will scan the folders looking for the nfo's, if none found it will scrape the appropriate data and put it in the MC format. Any posters, fanart will also be scraped too.

You can also try on just one to test if you want. Remove just that tv show. Save. Browse and add and save again.
Thanks for the advice.

I just bit the bullet and removed all of my existing tvshow.nfo files and reinstalled MC from scratch. Seems to have done the trick as it has now found all my TV shows and created a new nfo file for each.

Not sure what was up with the initial install. I'll see how this one goes.
Last version when the actors crashed it, it would. Add the folder, and not seek anything inside it.

Yes. Simply remove the folder in the folder view, and recheck roots for new shows,
Should work as awesome as it did before Wink
(2013-03-09, 16:42)fma965 Wrote: [ -> ]Media companion won't work

I add my tv shows to the list and it scans roots... finds show's but doesn't add them to the list.[/align]

Have you updated the TVDB stuff to remove www. from the url's as they recently changed it and a new version of xbmc TVDB was released without www. in the url's

Actor urls are as follows, no "www"
Code:
<actor>
    <name>Stephen Amell</name>
    <role>Oliver Queen / Green Arrow</role>
    <thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/actors/297063.jpg</thumb>
Is there something else we're missing?? Let us know.

(2013-03-09, 18:29)jeanbraye Wrote: [ -> ]I just installed the latest version 3.551b, I'm really disappointed because in the list of films with the status icon watched / not watched disappeared :-(

Why is it that you removed?

I also noticed that in the tooltip of the summary list of films is no longer displayed now it's the movie name diplayed.

Hi Jean

The're not gone, but are now selectable. go Movies Pref>General and lower left side are
Show Column Plot
Show Column Watched.

There has been a lot of refactoring and layout/Grid changes lately, that have borked some links to tooltips window. I'll look into it shortly.

(2013-03-09, 23:25)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-09, 02:33)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]Having an exception in 3.5.4.9
Added file "Dr. Dolittle.mkv" as movie. Wrong title selected and used "change movie" tab to search IMDB and select correct title "Doctor Dolittle" and selected "go". Movie scraped correctly. Went to "posters" tab and selected "IMDB" exception thrown:

Code:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.InvokeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.ObjectLateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
   at imdb_thumbs.Class1.getimdbposters(String imdbid)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.Button17_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

The other poster art sites scraped OK, just IMDB had this problem.

Update:
Installed 3.551b and retested. Problem persists.

scott s.

Yes, I see a problem, and will add to the To Do List. For now, easiest fix is to select a different movie, then switch back to Doctor DoLittle movie. All is good and poster or fanart can be changed. Seems a Cache issue not refreshing with the new movie.
(2013-03-10, 23:17)Bigmonty Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the advice.

I just bit the bullet and removed all of my existing tvshow.nfo files and reinstalled MC from scratch. Seems to have done the trick as it has now found all my TV shows and created a new nfo file for each.

Not sure what was up with the initial install. I'll see how this one goes.

Yes, there needs to be a refresh folder option, to remove folders that do not have valid nfo's, and allow "Check root for new folders" to pick them back up again.

There was an option at one time, that if a folder existed in the folder list, but no nfo file, it was still displayed in MC list, but with a blue icon beside it.

I'll add something to the To Do List to correct this action, just have to think on how to word it.

(2013-03-11, 05:10)strikervi Wrote: [ -> ]Last version when the actors crashed it, it would. Add the folder, and not seek anything inside it.

Yes. Simply remove the folder in the folder view, and recheck roots for new shows,
Should work as awesome as it did before Wink

Fix is in place, and we might release a new version sooner to get past that glitch.
Please add more selectable columns in the table view, like all the different items you see in "Rescrape Specific". I want to show MPAA rating for all movies because many are wrong or just not valid in XBMC after MC scrapes. Some movies have "Approved" but having to scroll down all my movies so I can manually correct these takes too long.

Thanks.
MC 3.552b is out.

Download and give us your feedback.
Where is mc_com.exe?
Damn it, ok, uploading it again , this time with mc_com.exe included. Sorry. Ready for re-download now.
Hmm, hardly anyone having issues with this build??
question:
if i already scraped a show/movie into xbmc using media companion and then afterwards i'd like to change some of the info/posters of that show/movie, is there a way to change the info in xbmc without having to remove and re-add that show/movie?
(2013-03-18, 03:20)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, hardly anyone having issues with this build??

not I. and I re scraped an entire show as well as a few movies. Haven't seen any problems at all. Lovin' it.
(2013-03-18, 03:24)jlouis32 Wrote: [ -> ]question:
if i already scraped a show/movie into xbmc using media companion and then afterwards i'd like to change some of the info/posters of that show/movie, is there a way to change the info in xbmc without having to remove and re-add that show/movie?

Yes, for a Show, ie: Hart Of Dixie, highlight the show and select info. Then go to refresh, Yes to all episodes,No to get from Internet.

Note: This will reset watched status, unless you've tagged the shows as watched in MC and have the relevant entry in XBMC's advancedsettings.xml file.

Same situation for the odd movie, Info, Refresh from local data.

PS, Going to look at flagging Watched status for Whole Show, or per Season.

Currently episodes are still manual click Watched per episode, but it no longer requires clicking "Save" afterwards.
(2013-03-16, 03:45)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]MC 3.552b is out.

Download and give us your feedback.

Updated to the above version, and the only issue I am having is:

TV shows:

In main browser the banners are not displayed on any episode. If I go to the "posters" tab for each TV show, the banner is shown there.

I have Pre-frodo enabled. I'm still running XBMC Eden on my ATV2.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*edit

Home movies

Thumbnail in main browser tab is only 3mm x 3mm
Updating watched status visa Tables for 304 movies and MC crashes.No changed data saved .Clicking continue just locks everything up.