Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-03-26, 03:11)Zxurian Wrote: [ -> ]Here's a template I created for for exporting movies, figured I'd share if anyone else wants it.

It uses the 2up format, as well comparison filters at the top for only displaying certain categories.
It also uses the bootstrap template and jquery, both fetched from a cdnjs.

just copy and save as a .txt file in your html_templates directory.

http://pastebin.com/6eeGdDPX

Hi Zxurian,

That template is great. Big Grin If it's ok with you, I'd like to add it to MC's templates?
(2013-03-27, 01:21)AnotherPhil Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Zxurian,

That template is great. Big Grin If it's ok with you, I'd like to add it to MC's templates?

spoke to vbat99 already. When it's complete, sure, Just waiting on HueyHQ to get back to me regarding a templte tag to be added to the export process.
Already in the pipeline, right-o
I can do other templates if people have requests. That was just one I whipped up for my own use.
(2013-03-24, 18:39)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]New Release just out.

Media Companion 3.553b

On CodePlex in the To Do list under medium priority, it says "If new season episode scraped, check for new season artwork".
Does this mean that in this current version, season posters are not automatically scraped? Because that is what I am experiencing.

I just downloaded it and tested it, and it doesn't seem to be automatically downloading the season posters for new shows.
The only settings I changed from default were to set artwork to "Frodo and onwards", and in TV preferences I have it set to download "season-all" posters.

After I scrape new TV shows and add episodes (as a test I used Archer, Workaholics and Homeland, all shows with multiple seasons), in the root directory of each show I get:
.actors
banner.jpg
fanart.jpg
poster.jpg
season-all-banner.jpg
season-all-fanart.jpg
season-all-poster.jpg
tvshow.nfo

No seasonXX-poster.jpg shows up, and selecting the season in MC displays the "No poster is available for this media file" image.
If I right-click the show and choose "Find missing art for this show", nothing new is downloaded.
Next I tried selecting the show, clicking the "TV Show Selector" button, and then clicking "Scrape show with selected options" with the defaults. It did download the season posters that were missing, but in pre-Frodo format (seasonXX.tbn), in addition to downloading a folder.jpg.

I was able to get it to download a properly named seasonXX-poster.jpg by selecting the show, going to the "Posters" tab, choosing the season, manually selecting the poster I wanted, then clicking the download button. Obviously this would be too tedious to do for a hundred TV shows each with multiple seasons, but it works!

Again, I don't know if all this is meant by what's in the To Do list, and I apologize if I'm rehashing a known issue. I just wanted to mention this since I didn't find any discussion about it in my quick search, and because MC used to automatically download all season posters (at least as of 3.543b, which is the last version I regularly used), but now seemingly doesn't.
(2013-03-27, 05:13)VCDmonger Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-24, 18:39)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]New Release just out.

Media Companion 3.553b

On CodePlex in the To Do list under medium priority, it says "If new season episode scraped, check for new season artwork".
Does this mean that in this current version, season posters are not automatically scraped? Because that is what I am experiencing.

I just downloaded it and tested it, and it doesn't seem to be automatically downloading the season posters for new shows.
The only settings I changed from default were to set artwork to "Frodo and onwards", and in TV preferences I have it set to download "season-all" posters.

After I scrape new TV shows and add episodes (as a test I used Archer, Workaholics and Homeland, all shows with multiple seasons), in the root directory of each show I get:
.actors
banner.jpg
fanart.jpg
poster.jpg
season-all-banner.jpg
season-all-fanart.jpg
season-all-poster.jpg
tvshow.nfo

No seasonXX-poster.jpg shows up, and selecting the season in MC displays the "No poster is available for this media file" image.
If I right-click the show and choose "Find missing art for this show", nothing new is downloaded.
Next I tried selecting the show, clicking the "TV Show Selector" button, and then clicking "Scrape show with selected options" with the defaults. It did download the season posters that were missing, but in pre-Frodo format (seasonXX.tbn), in addition to downloading a folder.jpg.

I was able to get it to download a properly named seasonXX-poster.jpg by selecting the show, going to the "Posters" tab, choosing the season, manually selecting the poster I wanted, then clicking the download button. Obviously this would be too tedious to do for a hundred TV shows each with multiple seasons, but it works!

Again, I don't know if all this is meant by what's in the To Do list, and I apologize if I'm rehashing a known issue. I just wanted to mention this since I didn't find any discussion about it in my quick search, and because MC used to automatically download all season posters (at least as of 3.543b, which is the last version I regularly used), but now seemingly doesn't.
The issue in the To Do List is for new seasons, ie: a new season starts and first episode for that season is scraped. We want MC to check if there exists that season's poster/banner, if not attempt to download if available.

From your message it looks like you have not got the option selected to "Download Season Thumbs".

BUT... Looks like I broke season art for scraping new shows.

You can run Batch Rescrape wizard and select Search and download missing season art if available. That will populate your shows.

I'll get onto fixing that. Sorry. to All.
I tried MC to create thumbs for my Homemovies (mts files)

Going in Homemovies -> Folders -> (i add my directory that contains the homemovies) -> Search for homemovies... -> Nothing Happens

If i exit the MC and reload it the directory i chose is not saved//

Am i doing something wrong?
(2013-03-27, 19:21)solamnic Wrote: [ -> ]I tried MC to create thumbs for my Homemovies (mts files)

Going in Homemovies -> Folders -> (i add my directory that contains the homemovies) -> Search for homemovies... -> Nothing Happens

If i exit the MC and reload it the directory i chose is not saved//

Am i doing something wrong?

Home Movies may have been neglected in the last five or so releases. It is on my list to be checked, but haven't gotten there yet.

I'll add to the Main To Do list to assess and correct Home Movies.
(2013-03-27, 05:35)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]You can run Batch Rescrape wizard and select Search and download missing season art if available. That will populate your shows.

I'll get onto fixing that. Sorry. to All.

No need to apologize; as a software developer myself I know these things happen! In fact, I really appreciate everything you are doing here as this program is amazing, your response time is ridiculously fast, and you're not being paid to do this at all. Also, thanks for tip on the Batch Rescrape Wizard.

I just want to add that I downloaded the latest commit as of this post (55516646788a), compiled and ran it, and it must contain your changes because it seems to be properly scraping season art! I'm looking forward to the next official build.
Thanks again.
Yep, fixed it last night. Actually made that area a bit better at the same time, so was meant to beHuh LOL.

I just try and get back to people as soon as I can, cause I know what it's like when your waiting for a response, any response, to see if someone is still active in the thread. LOL.

There'll be another release this week or weekend. Depending on some new features being added by AnotherPhil.
(2013-03-27, 01:24)Zxurian Wrote: [ -> ]spoke to vbat99 already. When it's complete, sure, Just waiting on HueyHQ to get back to me regarding a templte tag to be added to the export process.
Have I done this? Do you have everything you need now? (Except that template refresh thing we talked about!)

(2013-03-27, 22:08)VCDmonger Wrote: [ -> ]... and you're not being paid to do this at all...
Ha ha, made me laugh! Wink

Oh, and big props to vbat99 and AnotherPhil, who have been slaving away tirelessly on the project!
Honestly, Media Companion lives 'cos of these guys! So 'Thanks' fellas!
(2013-03-28, 04:38)HueyHq Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-27, 01:24)Zxurian Wrote: [ -> ]spoke to vbat99 already. When it's complete, sure, Just waiting on HueyHQ to get back to me regarding a templte tag to be added to the export process.
Have I done this? Do you have everything you need now? (Except that template refresh thing we talked about!)

looks like it, the <<title[:none|append]>> tag, whats the difference between those?
Ex. actual Movie Title = "The Movie with a Title"
(2013-03-28, 04:43)Zxurian Wrote: [ -> ]looks like it, the <<title[:none|append]>> tag, whats the difference between those?
Ex. actual Movie Title = "The Movie with a Title"
It goes a little somethin' like this:
<<title>> = "The Movie with a Title"
<<title:none>> = "Movie with a Title"
<<title:append>> = "Movie with a Title, The"
Does that make sense?
Doesn't matter who adds them. Just let one of us know and it'll be added.
okay, gotcha
although for reference, might make it more readable to have <<title:noarticle>>, & <<title:appendarticle>>