Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-05-05, 17:44)greybeard Wrote: [ -> ]This is to vbat99:

I keep trying to add a comment and attack a file to issue #932 or #924 (I believe) on codeplex, but when I click "Submit" I get a prompt about leaving or staying on page and I say stay and the "working" message stays up as long as overnight.

Yeah, this is a weird one. Click on Leave page, and it completes. Not sure what Codeplex has changed. Scared the S*** out of me when I was uploading a new build once.

Media Companion 3.563b is OUT!

Download Link
1. is it possible to scrape the plot and outline from OFDB and the other content from IMDB?
would be very important, cause IMDB has no german plots,,,

2. how can one apply regex filter when adding new movies?

thx
Alrighty, AnotherPhil's been busy while I've been slacking off....and we have another build ready for consumption

MC 3.566b is Released

Download from here

Revision History here

Feedback welcome.
Is there still no way to exclude a folder from being scraped? How do people handle their extras like DVD special feature interviews/etc? I have mine in a ._Extras sub-folder, but they are being scraped and it is driving me nuts.

Other than that, great program so far. Smile
(2013-05-18, 22:54)Manic D Wrote: [ -> ]Is there still no way to exclude a folder from being scraped? How do people handle their extras like DVD special feature interviews/etc? I have mine in a ._Extras sub-folder, but they are being scraped and it is driving me nuts.

Tell us, how does XBMC exclude this folder?
What version of MC are you running?
Is this for TV or Movies?
I am running Gotham at the moment. This is for TV or movies. I am just looking for a way to have the special features in a sub-folder and not get misidentified/re-named by Media Companion when I run a scan.

EDIT It looks like if I create my own .nfo file for each feature, then XBMC will list them under the main movie folder when I open it. Is this the correct way to do it? I'm new to this, so any help is appreciated.
(2013-05-18, 23:11)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-18, 22:54)Manic D Wrote: [ -> ]Is there still no way to exclude a folder from being scraped? How do people handle their extras like DVD special feature interviews/etc? I have mine in a ._Extras sub-folder, but they are being scraped and it is driving me nuts.

Tell us, how does XBMC exclude this folder?
What version of MC are you running?
Is this for TV or Movies?

Done, see https://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/wiki...le=RoadMap "Exclude folders from scrape. Applicable to both movies & TV shows. Configurable in General Preferences."

*** We have a need for someone to keep the user documentation up-to-date, as we're all busy implementing the functionality. If anyone fancies contributing, then please get in touch. It's a community project after all Big Grin ***
It hangs while scraping for individual fields.. "Studios" for example
There's not reason for individual fields to hang, unless IMDB is unavailable, or a firewall is blocking particular access. MC is working well these days.
(2013-05-22, 20:21)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]There's not reason for fields to hang, unless IMDB is unavailable, or a firewall is blocking particular access. MC is working well these days.

Yep IMDB was down for me I guess.. Things are back to normal again.. Sorry Smile
Also one more thing.. I have all my movies scraped and renamed in my movie collection. (Just now switching to MC from another media manager) But the nfo generated by Media companion is much better than the nfo's that I currently have.. So I decided to just scrape all movies again.. I just removed the nfo and asked MC to not overwrite any artwork and just scrape other info.. and it's taking MC about 5-10 mins for one movie.. Is that normal? Where can I see any log output?
This is how my any movie folder looks like - Image

PS - I am a Web and graphics designer... How can I contribute?
Just wanted to say that everything is working well, thanks for the great work, and for listening and implementing the suggestions Smile
If you're really bored, and don't know on what to work on next, the UI performance could be improved Big Grin the UI is particularly slow when jumping from one movie to the next..
(2013-05-23, 04:05)akya Wrote: [ -> ][Yep IMDB was down for me I guess.. Things are back to normal again.. Sorry Smile
Also one more thing.. I have all my movies scraped and renamed in my movie collection. (Just now switching to MC from another media manager) But the nfo generated by Media companion is much better than the nfo's that I currently have.. So I decided to just scrape all movies again.. I just removed the nfo and asked MC to not overwrite any artwork and just scrape other info.. and it's taking MC about 5-10 mins for one movie.. Is that normal? Where can I see any log output?
The time you state seems a bit excessive - not sure what is wrong there. But sometimes it can take a while.
Something worth trying (vbat99 clarified for me just the other day) is that IF Media Companion can read your existing files, then use the 'Rebuild Movie NFO Files' command in the Movie menu - this simply reads the existing NFO, then saves it in the MC style. I am currently working on that function to properly re-read the media file (which it doesn't seem to do as the moment). If you can wait until the next release, it might be worth it if your current NFOs don't have the media info.
(2013-05-23, 04:05)akya Wrote: [ -> ]PS - I am a Web and graphics designer... How can I contribute?
A volunteer?! Fantastic! You can start by bug-fixing! (Just kidding!)
As a graphic designer, you could perhaps give us some tips to improve the layout. It is quite bland and utilitarian. Maybe some custom images? Colour schemes? Anything welcome!
Are you familiar with the Visual Studio form designer? Could you make changes yourself?

(2013-05-23, 13:12)echo Wrote: [ -> ]Just wanted to say that everything is working well, thanks for the great work, and for listening and implementing the suggestions Smile
If you're really bored, and don't know on what to work on next, the UI performance could be improved Big Grin the UI is particularly slow when jumping from one movie to the next..
Yes, I have noticed that, particularly as I have just gone thru my entire collection sorting out posters - flicking between Posters and Main tab was painful!
Our man AnotherPhil is on holiday at the moment, and he would be the expert in this area! I might ask him kindly to look into it! (Obviously I didn't take the time to look into it! Blush)
Media Companion 3.567b has been release.

Download Link

There are quite a few improvements, but some issue still remain (ie, slow down in browsing large movie database).

But I would like to note the new features and fixes so far.

While AnotherPhil's been busy with filters section, tidying and improving, I've had the chance to get tag function working in MC. (find this with Movie sets)
Please have a go and give us feedback on the discussion tab of our site.

HueyHQ's added mediainfo icons to overlay on the fanart image for Movies.

It is also now possible to add specific folders for exclusion of scanning for media.

A new options been added to General Preferences to only display local actor images. It was found that if an actor's image was missing, MC would attempt to locate an image from the internet, which caused a mild pause of up to 15 seconds between switching movies. This option is enabled by default to ensure MC stays speedy for all.

With that in mind, a new General Filter option for Missing actor images is available.

Lastly, XBMC's TMDB scraper has been brought inline with saving of movie Posters and fanart. Now saves as per your selected preferences in Movie Preferences.

!!! New
  • Movie filters - General - Drop-down list sizes to largest item
  • Movie filters - Drop-down combo-boxes now use application's font and shows over task bar.
  • Movie - Add resolution, sound, etc icons to details pane.
  • Movie - <tag> function added - Single and MultiMovie Supported.
  • Movie - Missing Local Actors Filter - Finds movies missing actors in the '.actors' folder.
  • Movie - Basic Movie CSV Template, output list of movie titles and year as CSV format.
  • Both - Exclude folders from scrape. Applicable to both movies & TV shows. Configurable in General Preferences.
  • Both - Option to only display locally saved actor images.

!!! Fixed
  • Movie - Trailer URL flaky, sometimes get a URL, sometimes nothing.
  • Movie - XBMC TMDB scraper, catch error if no movie title matches found.
  • Movie - Catch error if URL string is empty when attempting to download to cache.
  • Movie - Added Full Movie path and filename to log.
  • Movie - Google can block searches for IMDB Id if too many calls made. Re-instigated fallback to IMDB to get Id.
  • Movie - Change Movie now filters for Root folder as per exiting option in Movie Preferences.
  • Movie - Fixed many Exceptions that were not cleanly handled.
  • Movie - Cleanly handle url value correctly.
  • Both - Return of Log Full/Brief function.
  • TV - Altered how loading if poster/banner handled, to remove open file error.

Revision History
Fantastic! Disabling the actor images has sped up the program!
Small bug: Under the posters tab, it is now showing "xxx missing"...where xxx is all the movies in the library...incorrect, as clicking next shows a poster without problem..
(2013-05-25, 14:45)echo Wrote: [ -> ]Fantastic! Disabling the actor images has sped up the program!
Small bug: Under the posters tab, it is now showing "xxx missing"...where xxx is all the movies in the library...incorrect, as clicking next shows a poster without problem..

What format do you have for saving of posters ie: moviename-poster.jpg? moviename.tbn? poster.jpg(if in folders)
And what artwork mode. Pre, Frodo, Both?