Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Scraping a movie that is a ISO file of an untouched DVD with menu and extras all intact. I get <durationinseconds>-1</durationinseconds> and
<runtime>95 min</runtime>

XBMC Frodo ignores the runtime and gets the duration wrong when it is added to the library. If I use a version of MC form about 6 months ago it doesn't create a line with <durationinseconds></durationinseconds> or if I delete that line from the NFO XBMC uses the runtime line and displays it correctly for duration.

I don't have the box checked "if runtime not scraped, fallback to file".

Do we need durationinseconds and runtime both in the NFO? Can the durationinseconds be populated from runtime if the duration can't be scraped from the file like on a DVD ISO?

Thanks
(2013-06-13, 03:01)rev105 Wrote: [ -> ]Scraping a movie that is a ISO file of an untouched DVD with menu and extras all intact. I get <durationinseconds>-1</durationinseconds> and
<runtime>95 min</runtime>

XBMC Frodo ignores the runtime and gets the duration wrong when it is added to the library. If I use a version of MC form about 6 months ago it doesn't create a line with <durationinseconds></durationinseconds> or if I delete that line from the NFO XBMC uses the runtime line and displays it correctly for duration.

I don't have the box checked "if runtime not scraped, fallback to file".

Do we need durationinseconds and runtime both in the NFO? Can the durationinseconds be populated from runtime if the duration can't be scraped from the file like on a DVD ISO?

Thanks
Short answer is yes.

MC and XBMC can't get durationinseconds of an iso, as it means reading every stream in the iso and determining which one is the movie, then trying to get a durationinseconds.

What we can do, is set mc to not sure durationinseconds if value is -1. And as for 6 months ago, well, there have been changes and upgrades to getting the Stream details.

Will get it in for the next release.
Thanks for the reply about my scrape error issue. I spent some time playing around with it and I've found a method that works. I create a dummy nfo file in the folder that only lists the show's title and original title. That creates a placeholder during the next refresh and that allows me to use the change movie option. It might be advisable to come up with a function that creates placeholders and lets people fill them in later.
(2013-06-14, 01:14)Kurosau Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the reply about my scrape error issue. I spent some time playing around with it and I've found a method that works. I create a dummy nfo file in the folder that only lists the show's title and original title. That creates a placeholder during the next refresh and that allows me to use the change movie option. It might be advisable to come up with a function that creates placeholders and lets people fill them in later.

I agree. There is a placeholder for IMDB scraped movies, but not for XBMC TMDb scraped movies.

To be worked on.
I noticed that sub-folders of an excluded folder are being scraped. Is there a way to prevent this, or could there be an option to also exclude sub-folders in a future version?

The latest version is working great, BTW. Thanks to all for the work/help.
(2013-06-14, 06:51)Manic D Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed that sub-folders of an excluded folder are being scraped. Is there a way to prevent this, or could there be an option to also exclude sub-folders in a future version?

The latest version is working great, BTW. Thanks to all for the work/help.

Will look into this as it is a valid point.
Media Companion MC3.570b Released

It's been too long since the last release, and this one has some requested fixes, as well as some minor ones.

Download from Here

Revision History

As always, please post comments, issues, review etc on Codeplex.
(2013-06-12, 22:20)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-12, 21:13)Kurosau Wrote: [ -> ]I've got a quick question. I've reviewed the documentation and I've searched through this thread and the last one looking for an answer but I wasn't able to find once, hence why I'm here.

When I do a Search New on my library to pickup the titles that haven't yet been scraped, I find that several of the items on my list error out stating that they can't be found on TMDB. Is there a way to get MC to prompt me when it finds an object it can't identify, so I can manually identify the film and have it scrape it properly? Or just a way I can add the raw item into the library so I can scrape it using the MC tools?

From your post I see your using XBMC TMDB scraper in Media Companion.

TMDB is very sensitive to mis-spelt/grammar issue causing it to not identity the correct movie.

What is needed is to log what movies are not scraped. We do not want to pause the auto-scraping of movies while attempting to change one movie, at a time.

With the built-in IMDB scraper, errors are almost non-existent as we use Google to auto-correct movie titles before we get the IMDB id from the results. It still gives the odd miss-match, but its almost 98% accurate.

Now, with movies that can't be found on IMDB, we have the Genre field set to "Problem" and its very simple to filter out which movies didn't scrape correctly, and the user can manually 'Change Movie" (now either by IMDB or TMDB), or they can use Explorer to change the title of the video file and 'Search New' again.

With this in minds, it should be possible to log "problem" in Genre field for movies not found, when scraping with XBMC TMDB scraper.

And I'm currently working in this scraper function in MC, adding Movie Rename and download Actor Images, including when you 'Change Movie' by TMDB. So I'll look into some sort of error catching, creating an empty nfo.

Can't promise it'll be ready for the next release, but should be in for the following one.

I'm having similar issues, not sure I'm reading this right there is a "problem" genre, or will be? I look around a bit and didn't find it. Along those same lines I have several movies that simply don't show up, I'm seeing 111 titles while I have 119 in my movie folder, and 150 out of 190 on another folder. All movies are in individual folders with the IMDB title copied exactly. One of witch is a Harry Potter movie which is on both IMDB and TMDB. I added the IMDB ID in hopes of helping some files but no luck, which may be because I'm using the XBMC scraper. I thought I saw an option to change from TMDB to IMDB but was unable to find it. I tried batch re-scrape, rebuilding the NFO, all no help.

I have been using MC for about 24 hours and am some what new to the world of XBMC and HTPC. I'm just realizing the need for an external media manager and I really like this program, so many of my issues might be user induced.

Reading through the forum I remember a suggestion for deleting or changing current fanart/NFO in folders, kind of like a "clean up" I think this would be helpful for some. I've managed to pollute my folders pretty quick through trial and error with other managers (likely part of my original problem).

I also read about disc art.png on/about page 89. I believe some skins, Aeon nox for one, are now now supporting these. I also did not see any mention of logos, is that something you would consider? I know fanart.tv has a huge selection of logos and clear art.

OK, I'm rambling. Really just wanted to say thanks for the work you do on this. And see if I might have missed something getting the rest of my files to show up any help for a beginner would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

Edit - Problem is getting better as I clean up some folders, refresh and re-scrape.
(2013-06-21, 14:35)shess757 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-12, 22:20)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-12, 21:13)Kurosau Wrote: [ -> ]I've got a quick question. I've reviewed the documentation and I've searched through this thread and the last one looking for an answer but I wasn't able to find once, hence why I'm here.

When I do a Search New on my library to pickup the titles that haven't yet been scraped, I find that several of the items on my list error out stating that they can't be found on TMDB. Is there a way to get MC to prompt me when it finds an object it can't identify, so I can manually identify the film and have it scrape it properly? Or just a way I can add the raw item into the library so I can scrape it using the MC tools?

From your post I see your using XBMC TMDB scraper in Media Companion.

TMDB is very sensitive to mis-spelt/grammar issue causing it to not identity the correct movie.

What is needed is to log what movies are not scraped. We do not want to pause the auto-scraping of movies while attempting to change one movie, at a time.

With the built-in IMDB scraper, errors are almost non-existent as we use Google to auto-correct movie titles before we get the IMDB id from the results. It still gives the odd miss-match, but its almost 98% accurate.

Now, with movies that can't be found on IMDB, we have the Genre field set to "Problem" and its very simple to filter out which movies didn't scrape correctly, and the user can manually 'Change Movie" (now either by IMDB or TMDB), or they can use Explorer to change the title of the video file and 'Search New' again.

With this in minds, it should be possible to log "problem" in Genre field for movies not found, when scraping with XBMC TMDB scraper.

And I'm currently working in this scraper function in MC, adding Movie Rename and download Actor Images, including when you 'Change Movie' by TMDB. So I'll look into some sort of error catching, creating an empty nfo.

Can't promise it'll be ready for the next release, but should be in for the following one.

I'm having similar issues, not sure I'm reading this right there is a "problem" genre, or will be? I look around a bit and didn't find it. Along those same lines I have several movies that simply don't show up, I'm seeing 111 titles while I have 119 in my movie folder, and 150 out of 190 on another folder. All movies are in individual folders with the IMDB title copied exactly. One of witch is a Harry Potter movie which is on both IMDB and TMDB. I added the IMDB ID in hopes of helping some files but no luck, which may be because I'm using the XBMC scraper. I thought I saw an option to change from TMDB to IMDB but was unable to find it. I tried batch re-scrape, rebuilding the NFO, all no help.

I have been using MC for about 24 hours and am some what new to the world of XBMC and HTPC. I'm just realizing the need for an external media manager and I really like this program, so many of my issues might be user induced.

Reading through the forum I remember a suggestion for deleting or changing current fanart/NFO in folders, kind of like a "clean up" I think this would be helpful for some. I've managed to pollute my folders pretty quick through trial and error with other managers (likely part of my original problem).

I also read about disc art.png on/about page 89. I believe some skins, Aeon nox for one, are now now supporting these. I also did not see any mention of logos, is that something you would consider? I know fanart.tv has a huge selection of logos and clear art.

OK, I'm rambling. Really just wanted to say thanks for the work you do on this. And see if I might have missed something getting the rest of my files to show up any help for a beginner would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

Edit - Problem is getting better as I clean up some folders, refresh and re-scrape.

If using the built in scraper, ie: not XBMC's TMDb scraper, there is a nfo created for movies that are not found.

Currently, this isn't implemented for XBMC TMDb scraper, and so I've added this to the To Do List. As mentioned above, TMDb is very sensitive to spelling and grammar.

For disc art.png, we need links to information on how, where etc these images are gathered and stored with the movies.

And yes, forgot to add to To Do List some sort of clean-up of older images, but this is a dicey area in regards to how users want to control their files. Needs some thought.
I absolutely understand the clean up issue, and really keeping user's folders clean is not your responsibility. Sounds like running through my library the first time I should use IMDB, working on it today.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1334574

One thread I could remember for the diskart, I believe it's been mentioned else ware, also the artwork downloader wiki page it is mentioned as a file type. I guess just stored in the movie folder, I personally don't use it, haven't gotten basic art working right yetRofl I do use NOX though so I might test it out.

Thanks again for all your work!

Edit - Just changed the preferences to IMDB and everything showed up no problems!
(2013-06-22, 14:09)shess757 Wrote: [ -> ]I absolutely understand the clean up issue, and really keeping user's folders clean is not your responsibility. Sounds like running through my library the first time I should use IMDB, working on it today.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1334574

One thread I could remember for the diskart, I believe it's been mentioned else ware, also the artwork downloader wiki page it is mentioned as a file type. I guess just stored in the movie folder, I personally don't use it, haven't gotten basic art working right yetRofl I do use NOX though so I might test it out.

Thanks again for all your work!

Edit - Just changed the preferences to IMDB and everything showed up no problems!
Glad you got the scraping of your movies sorted.

As for disc art, I've a feeling that only NOX supports this. I haven't seen any wiki regarding XBMC scraping these extra artwork types.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...cal_images Wrote:For folders (e.g. tvshows, movies in folders, or just folders on the filesystem)
[*] poster.(png/jpg)
[*] banner.(png/jpg)
[*] fanart.(png/jpg)
Note: Movies in folders can also use the options under files below.
Season images reside inside the tvshow folder
[*] season[XX]-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)
[*] season-all-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg}
[*] season-specials-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)
For files (episodes, movies not in folders, video files)
[*] [moviename]-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)
[*] [episodename]-thumb.(png/jpg)
[*] [filename]-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)

As the disc-art is part of the Artwork Downloader, I feel that this is not required for Media Companion. It would be nice, but only a feature, and only supported by one skin (that I can tell).
It works perfectly for movies. I was thinking about using it for my TV Show collection too. So tested it on a sample folder with a TV show. MC isn't detecting the double episodes.. or am I missing anything? Check the screen

(2013-06-24, 05:51)akya Wrote: [ -> ]It works perfectly for movies. I was thinking about using it for my TV Show collection too. So tested it on a sample folder with a TV show. MC isn't detecting the double episodes.. or am I missing anything? Check the screen

Gidday Akya

Seems the known issues has disappeared, but this one is known, and going to be very hard to get working.

Basically, Multi-episodes are scraped correctly by Media Companion, but aren't displayed in the list. Actually, the last episode of a Multi-episode file is displayed, but not the earlier episode.
IE: S01E01E02 file, MC will display episode 2, only.
But, if you check the nfo, the episode data is there for both episodes, so do not panic.
(2013-06-24, 06:22)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Gidday Akya

Seems the known issues has disappeared, but this one is known, and going to be very hard to get working.

Basically, Multi-episodes are scraped correctly by Media Companion, but aren't displayed in the list. Actually, the last episode of a Multi-episode file is displayed, but not the earlier episode.
IE: S01E01E02 file, MC will display episode 2, only.
But, if you check the nfo, the episode data is there for both episodes, so do not panic.

Cool.. yeah in the nfo there is info of 2 episodes.. so its safe to scrape I guess.. Smile
(2013-06-24, 06:42)akya Wrote: [ -> ]Cool.. yeah in the nfo there is info of 2 episodes.. so its safe to scrape I guess.. Smile

Yes, when first scraping (and if file renaming is set) then it scrapes and renames correct, ie: S01E01E02 - title.extn