Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New Release of Media Companion - MC3.573b - Fixed

Fixed error when Validating XBMC link configuration - AnotherPhil

New Features:
  • XBMC Link - Supporting Frodo See documentation
  • Movie - If missing video file, can either be highlighted, of if movie is selected, option to remove from Media Companion
  • Movie - Context menu to upgrade artwork to Frodo Only.
  • Movie - New General filters to filter by Pre-Frodo, Frodo or Both based on existing movie meta data
  • TV - Merged IMDB/TVDB tabs
  • TV - Basic Table View (W.I.P)
  • Media Companion.exe - Can add options to auto scrape Movies & Ep's, Movies or Ep's. See Documentation
  • mc_com.exe - output's ErrorLevel values depending on if Movie or Episodes were scraped. See Documentation

Download Link Here

Revision History
I love what you guys have done with the program to this point. If you remember, not to toot my own horn, but I'm the one that originally suggested having the ability to download extra thumbs. I love the new option to have MC automatically download the extrafanart option. Could you possibly have it download a set # of thumbs. For instance, right now, setting it to automatically download the extrathumb retrieves only one of the 4 available slots. Could we have an option that will allow you to set the number of extrathumbs you want MC to download?

Thanks for your consideration in this.
(2013-07-16, 22:14)johnsills1 Wrote: [ -> ]I love what you guys have done with the program to this point. If you remember, not to toot my own horn, but I'm the one that originally suggested having the ability to download extra thumbs. I love the new option to have MC automatically download the extrafanart option. Could you possibly have it download a set # of thumbs. For instance, right now, setting it to automatically download the extrathumb retrieves only one of the 4 available slots. Could we have an option that will allow you to set the number of extrathumbs you want MC to download?

Hey Jonsills1

I am sure that I coded MC to download extra fanart from No 2 to 5, so the first fanart is what's allocated to -fanart.jpg, and 2 to 5 are saved as extrafanart (or extrathumb).

I'll have to do some testing and see what's happening. Let ya know.
(2013-07-16, 22:32)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Jonsills1

I am sure that I coded MC to download extra fanart from No 2 to 5, so the first fanart is what's allocated to -fanart.jpg, and 2 to 5 are saved as extrafanart (or extrathumb).

Yes, I understand.... I scraped a few new movies with MC and it only downloads No 1 and 2, not 3 -5. Hope that makes sense.

On another note, I'm trying to get the XBMC LINK to work, but keep getting errors in the message box but when I click on View Log, it gives me the whole continue or quit options because of some exception error.

I want the ability to change the Poster in MC and have XBMC follow suit. I imagine that is part of the reason you guys Linked XBMC to begin with. I'm not really sure what you mean in the troubleshooting document where it says-

"Delete file access needed in the Thumbnails folder for fanart & poster updates to work."

Could you elaborate.
(2013-07-16, 22:42)johnsills1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-16, 22:32)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Jonsills1

Yes, I understand.... I scraped a few new movies with MC and it only downloads No 1 and 2, not 3 -5. Hope that makes sense.

On another note, I'm trying to get the XBMC LINK to work, but keep getting errors in the message box but when I click on View Log, it gives me the whole continue or quit options because of some exception error.

Have you downloaded the latest MC, new one release couple hours ago, MC3.573b. There was a glitch when clicking validate, causing a Crash. That's been fixed in this release.

I want the ability to change the Poster in MC and have XBMC follow suit. I imagine that is part of the reason you guys Linked XBMC to begin with. I'm not really sure what you mean in the troubleshooting document where it says-

"Delete file access needed in the Thumbnails folder for fanart & poster updates to work."

Could you elaborate.
Yes, I'm working with the latest and greatest MC. Most of the details work now, "magically" as I never did anything more than restart MC and XBMC. The only thing I am not able to get working is the Poster. If I change the Poster in MC, it still doesn't change in XBMC on the Movies screen. I've backed out of movies and even restarted XBMC with no change.

I think I found out the problem. When I change the artwork in MC for the Poster, it saves it in the Movie folder as "poster.jpg" not "movie name-poster.jpg"

I'm going to work to figure out why this is happening. I scraped the movie with MC and it saved the original poster as "movie name-poster.jpg"

Yep, that was the problem. I found out where the option was to save poster and fanart as 'poster.jpg' and 'fanart.jpg' Sorry for the trouble. Maybe someone else can benefit from my mistakes.
(2013-07-16, 22:14)johnsills1 Wrote: [ -> ]I love what you guys have done with the program to this point. If you remember, not to toot my own horn, but I'm the one that originally suggested having the ability to download extra thumbs. I love the new option to have MC automatically download the extrafanart option. Could you possibly have it download a set # of thumbs. For instance, right now, setting it to automatically download the extrathumb retrieves only one of the 4 available slots. Could we have an option that will allow you to set the number of extrathumbs you want MC to download?

Hey John

Just did a test with Movie Smokey and the Bandit in a folder, enabled Download extra fanart while scraping, and MC saved four fanart images in extrafanart folder.

Um, its working for me.

Could it be possible some of the movies you have, only have one or two fanart images? Check by going to the fanart tab, see how many load up.
(2013-07-17, 00:01)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]

Hey John

Just did a test with Movie Smokey and the Bandit in a folder, enabled Download extra fanart while scraping, and MC saved four fanart images in extrafanart folder.

Um, its working for me.

Could it be possible some of the movies you have, only have one or two fanart images? Check by going to the fanart tab, see how many load up.

I did check, and the movie I was scraping had over 10 images available. I will keep working with it. Thanks for the help
Drop me the name of the movie
(2013-07-16, 23:11)johnsills1 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I'm working with the latest and greatest MC. Most of the details work now, "magically" as I never did anything more than restart MC and XBMC. The only thing I am not able to get working is the Poster. If I change the Poster in MC, it still doesn't change in XBMC on the Movies screen. I've backed out of movies and even restarted XBMC with no change.

I think I found out the problem. When I change the artwork in MC for the Poster, it saves it in the Movie folder as "poster.jpg" not "movie name-poster.jpg"

I'm going to work to figure out why this is happening. I scraped the movie with MC and it saved the original poster as "movie name-poster.jpg"

Yep, that was the problem. I found out where the option was to save poster and fanart as 'poster.jpg' and 'fanart.jpg' Sorry for the trouble. Maybe someone else can benefit from my mistakes.

Did you follow the hint?

- With Movies the poster image doesn't always appear updated. To fix this, you may get away with coming out of the movies page and going back in, failing that come out of XBMC altogether and go back in
XBMC Sync is working perfectly... Awesome stuff !!!
(2013-07-17, 00:21)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Drop me the name of the movie

Swordfish (2001) It is also showing some weird issues with the Trailer download.
(2013-07-17, 22:14)johnsills1 Wrote: [ -> ]Swordfish (2001) It is also showing some weird issues with the Trailer download.

I just enabled extra fanart and rescraped that movie.. Everything looks fine here... I have 4 fanarts in extra fanart folder
Were you able to download the trailer?

musica para escuchar
Looking forward to playing with the XBMC link - sounds really powerful and useful. Just wish there was something like that for music and music video. Oh well.

I do have a usage question. My setup is that I run MC against local folder trees of Movies and TV shows. When I am happy with all the updates I sync my local folders to my NAS, which is what XBMC has for library source via windows SMB shares. How do you see XBMC link feature used in this scenario? So far I have been unable to get the "Movie folder mapping" popup to do anything -- can't see a way to edit it to set my SMB share for XBMC.

Update: OK I figured out my problem is that I hadn't got past the general preferences yet in my setup and once I got the movies set up then I could enter my XBMC movie source path. Maybe as a suggestion you could have that window generate an error like "no MC movie folders defined" if the user tries to set Movie folder mappings without first creating MC movie folder(s) entry. So far just tested against my local install of XBMC 12.2. All my XBMCs are on windows running in portable mode (except for one Android on JB which I wonder if that can work?), and that works fine (validates) for the single instance I've tested so far.

scott s.