Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-08-16, 10:57)niih Wrote: [ -> ]I have noticed that in the latest versions, if a .nfo file exists for a new movie (downloaded via Couchpotato) , MC does not find it when you do a search for new movies, but picks it up if you do a refresh. If I delete the .nfo files before I do a search for new movies, MC works fine.

I remember that I used to be able to do a search for new movies and MC would pick up all new movies, even when those new movies had a .nfo file already created.

Is this a new behavior, or have I inadvertently messed up some configuration info ?

No, this is the behaviour of MC. Being the difference between searching for new movies to scrape, and refreshing all movies which looks for all valid nfo's.

I have never noticed MC adding existing movies when searching for new movies. And I come from early Version 2 of MC. Man, that was long ago.

(2013-08-06, 20:00)niih Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-03, 10:07)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-03, 09:00)HueyHq Wrote: [ -> ]No, not unless you want to customise scraping.

I did testing and only with XBMC TMDB scraper did the actors not scrape.

I'm not sure what's going on.

You've tried a fresh extract of MC, not copying over an existing build??

I just tried with the latest MC and I am still having the problem.

After looking closely, it seems that all the movies I have added after a certain date, (which I am not sure of) seem to have this issue of showing up when I filter by "Missing Local Actors". Another thing I have noticed is that MC seems to download some of actors when I try to rescrape actors, but not all of them.
Looking back at some posts, I spotted this one that no-one replied to.

Missing Local Actors was only added recently, and I think it's still a bit green.

Also, a fix was put in place where MC only scraped actor names if there was a image available. This was changed to scrape the actors with or without images. So some actor images might not be available on IMDB, being why they aren't downloaded.
Ok, I guess that I should change my options in CouchPotato to not create an .nfo file when downloading movies.
Thanks
(2013-08-16, 19:12)niih Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I guess that I should change my options in CouchPotato to not create an .nfo file when downloading movies.
Thanks

I use to let Sickbeard create nfo's for tv episodes until I found the nfo was missing stream details, but now I have mc_com in a batch and Sickbeard calls it after the episode is in the right folder, and mc_com scrapes and adds to MC's library, so next time I open MC, the episode is already there.

Might be an option for Couchpotatoe for movies, if it allows running extra scripts.

Make a batch file with mc_com.exe -m -v (-v) makes it so a console window doesn't open, all screen logging goes to mc_com.log file instead.

My batch (for TV)
Code:
f:
cd "f:\MC\MC 3.571b"
mc_com.exe -e
-e is for episodes.

Hope that's of help.
(2013-08-16, 20:40)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-16, 19:12)niih Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I guess that I should change my options in CouchPotato to not create an .nfo file when downloading movies.
Thanks

I use to let Sickbeard create nfo's for tv episodes until I found the nfo was missing stream details, but now I have mc_com in a batch and Sickbeard calls it after the episode is in the right folder, and mc_com scrapes and adds to MC's library, so next time I open MC, the episode is already there.

Might be an option for Couchpotatoe for movies, if it allows running extra scripts.

Make a batch file with mc_com.exe -m -v (-v) makes it so a console window doesn't open, all screen logging goes to mc_com.log file instead.

My batch (for TV)
Code:
f:
cd "f:\MC\MC 3.571b"
mc_com.exe -e
-e is for episodes.

Hope that's of help.

I have SickBeard and CouchPotato running from my Synology NAS.
Do you know if it is possible to trigger an action from the Synology to run a batch on my PC? If so could you give me some pointers on how to do this.

Thanks
(2013-08-17, 11:32)niih Wrote: [ -> ]I have SickBeard and CouchPotato running from my Synology NAS.
Do you know if it is possible to trigger an action from the Synology to run a batch on my PC? If so could you give me some pointers on how to do this.

Thanks

I have no idea sorry. There may be a way, but I haven't the foggiest.
Media Companion MC3.576b Released

Download Here

Revision info
for the new update
Added ".ass" & ".ssa" as valid subtitle extensions
where do i go to " see / edit, view missing

for example tv shows ? or is this for only movies
Extensions are hard-coded into MC, but these extensions for subtitles are common for Movie and TV.
i wrote up a good question post but,
Actually, you know what, im happy.

im not worried if i cant see that a vid / episode has or doesnt have a sub file, i know it did as i created both and placed both.
Right, didn't spot that you wanted to know if Sub's were present for specific episode.

It may be possible? but it would have to be added to To Do List.

As for editing, what exactly were you after?
Hi,

Is there a way to do a batch update on a selected or selected set of TV shows? I f so, can someone provide me with instructions on how to do that?
When I select a TV Show and then select Batch Update, MC does an update of ALL y TV shows, starting with the one I selected. I want to be able to batch update a show or even just a season.
(2013-08-27, 18:16)niih Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Is there a way to do a batch update on a selected or selected set of TV shows? I f so, can someone provide me with instructions on how to do that?
When I select a TV Show and then select Batch Update, MC does an update of ALL y TV shows, starting with the one I selected. I want to be able to batch update a show or even just a season.

Currently not, as you can only select one TV Show. But I might be able to get MC to work the Batch Rescrape Wizard on the one selected show by r-click option.

Will add to To Do list
These is an alternative, Lock all shows, then unlock the show(s) you wish the to run Batch rescraper on.

Batch Rescrape will only work on unlocked shows.

I can add the option for a single show, but not multi-select. This isn't possible with how TV Shows are displayed.
Thanks, I will try that

Also, I have noticed that each time I rescrape a TV Show instead of updating the <audio> ... </audio> sections in the .nfo, new sections are added like shown in the extract below, is this the expected behavior?

Code:
<fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <video>
        <width>624</width>
        <height>352</height>
        <aspect>1.773</aspect>
        <codec>MPEG-4 Visual</codec>
        <format>XVID</format>
        <durationinseconds>2754</durationinseconds>
        <bitrate>921 Kbps</bitrate>
        <container>.avi</container>
      </video>
      <audio>
        <codec>mp3</codec>
        <channels>2</channels>
        <bitrate>128</bitrate>
      </audio>
      <audio>
        <codec>MP3</codec>
        <channels>2</channels>
        <bitrate>128 Kbps</bitrate>
      </audio>
      <audio>
        <codec>MP3</codec>
        <channels>2</channels>
      </audio>
      <audio>
        <codec>MP3</codec>
        <channels>2</channels>
      </audio>
      <audio>
        <codec>MP3</codec>
        <channels>2</channels>
      </audio>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
(2013-08-27, 22:16)niih Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I will try that

Also, I have noticed that each time I rescrape a TV Show instead of updating the <audio> ... </audio> sections in the .nfo, new sections are added like shown in the extract below, is this the expected behavior?
Can you confirm how many audio streams are actually in the file? (I think any media player should tell you.)

It does seem a bit excessive! It shouldn't be adding streams to existing - I'll check it out for you.

EDIT: OK, so I tried it, and I don't get the results you describe. I suspect I'm not doing the same thing as you, so please describe what steps you undertake. Probably best to raise an issue over at CodePlex with the details.
(2013-08-27, 22:16)niih Wrote: [ -> ]...each time I rescrape a TV Show...
Also, I was wondering why you would do this on multiple occasions? I would have thought if a show was scraped once, it wouldn't really change for some time? Not that it is wrong... I was just curious!