Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When (manual) renaming movies (and folders), MC is adding an extra letter at the end of the subtitle names. Below the MC output log.

Code:
Rescraping data for --> Cars 2 3D
Renamed 'Cars.2.3D.2011.HSBS.H264.1080p.Eng.DTS.3D4U.The3DTeam.mkv' to 'Cars 2 3D (2011).mkv'
Movie Renamed as:- Cars 2 3D (2011)
Renamed 'Cars.2.3D.2011.HSBS.H264.1080p.Eng.DTS.3D4U.The3DTeam.idx' to 'Cars 2 3D (2011)m.idx'
Renamed 'Cars.2.3D.2011.HSBS.H264.1080p.Eng.DTS.3D4U.The3DTeam.srt' to 'Cars 2 3D (2011)m.srt'
Renamed 'Cars.2.3D.2011.HSBS.H264.1080p.Eng.DTS.3D4U.The3DTeam.sub' to 'Cars 2 3D (2011)m.sub'
Subtitle Renamed as:- Cars 2 3D (2011)
Renamed 'Cars.2.3D.2011.HSBS.H264.1080p.Eng.DTS.3D4U.The3DTeam.nfo' to 'Cars 2 3D (2011).nfo'
Renamed 'Cars.2.3D.2011.HSBS.H264.1080p.Eng.DTS.3D4U.The3DTeam.tbn' to 'Cars 2 3D (2011).tbn'
Renamed 'Cars.2.3D.2011.HSBS.H264.1080p.Eng.DTS.3D4U.The3DTeam-fanart.jpg' to 'Cars 2 3D (2011)-fanart.jpg'

New path created:- N:\Kids Movies\Cars 2 3D (2011)
All files/Folders moved to new path
Folder structure created successfully

In this case it adds an m to the end. It seems a random letter, but it is not. It is always the last letter of the original name.
Which here is Cars.2.3D.2011.HSBS.H264.1080p.Eng.DTS.3D4U.The3DTeam

I have not found this call in this thread. I am having this problem with all the subs.
But only with Movies, not with TV shows.
I'll look into this routine, think I made a boo boo there.
Fix in place for next release.
(2013-12-29, 18:51)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-29, 13:48)scarecrow420 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey so I was trying this software out on my video files which are a real mess (some in folders, some loose, XBMC cant scrape some of them etc) and the strange thing is that it thinks more than 30 of them are "V for Vendetta". If i do the "Change Movie" command, the displayed IMDB search results are good, and the first link is the correct movie. What gives? Does it default to this movie for some strange reason?

This issue is due to the volume of scraped movies in one hit. IMDB has a limit before it thinks it's being attacked by a bot attack. (Probably why XBMC uses TheMovieDB).
Two options, either switch to XBMC TMDB scraper (though you have to be sure of the filename as TMDB needs more precise naming to be accurate), or do batches of a hunded at a time.
thanks for responding. The confusing thing is even when I force just 1 of these "V for vendetta" to rescrape, it still stays as that. Should that be happening?

Out of 1600 movies, over 1000 have "V for vendetta" meta data in their directory :-( how can I easily get rid of this? I removed them from mc library, but obviously the nfo tbn fanart etc are still everywhere
(2014-01-01, 06:36)scarecrow420 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for responding. The confusing thing is even when I force just 1 of these "V for vendetta" to rescrape, it still stays as that. Should that be happening?

Out of 1600 movies, over 1000 have "V for vendetta" meta data in their directory :-( how can I easily get rid of this? I removed them from mc library, but obviously the nfo tbn fanart etc are still everywhere

If I recall, MC would have started scraping alphabetically, so if you go down your list till you get to the first V for Vendetta, delete all the nfo's from there onwards.

What I tend to do is have a Temp movie folder, and have Media Companion scrape only this folder. Once I'm happy with the data, artwork etc for each movie, I cut them and paste into the actual folder that XBMC accesses.

I would probably do this:
Take a hundred movies into a temp folder, have MC scrape those movie. Confirm all is correct, then paste back into your main folder. Repeat until your happy with all your movies.
Then you could redirect MC to your main movie folder, or, for new movies, leave MC pointing to the temp folder.

Hope that of some help.
Nice work keeping MC alive guy's, it's been my fav for a long time Smile Small feature request if possible.. 'create folder.jpg for each folder' option for tvshows.
Sounds like a crappy feature request yea Smile but hey, that's all I got.

Cheers
Steve
(2014-01-03, 17:16)Steveb Wrote: [ -> ]Nice work keeping MC alive guy's, it's been my fav for a long time Smile Small feature request if possible.. 'create folder.jpg for each folder' option for tvshows.

Cheers
Steve

So your asking for the poster for each season, to be saved as folder.jpg in the season folder, if the season folder exists?
(2014-01-03, 22:50)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-03, 17:16)Steveb Wrote: [ -> ]Nice work keeping MC alive guy's, it's been my fav for a long time Smile Small feature request if possible.. 'create folder.jpg for each folder' option for tvshows.

Cheers
Steve

So your asking for the poster for each season, to be saved as folder.jpg in the season folder, if the season folder exists?

Sorry, should have been more specific. The root tvshow folder to have a 'create folder.jpg' option.
Trivial I know but helps visually when browsing through your library in explorer.
Actually I use that too.. same like MC does for movies.. Download poster and copy it as folder.jpg.. So the TV Show folder looks all pretty in explorer Laugh
So are you saying it's normal that when I rescrape a single movie that was incorrectly set to "V for vendetta" it still ends up as that? I wouldn't think that imdb limits etc would be happening when I'm rescraping just 1 movie
(2014-01-01, 09:22)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-01, 06:36)scarecrow420 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for responding. The confusing thing is even when I force just 1 of these "V for vendetta" to rescrape, it still stays as that. Should that be happening?

If I recall, MC would have started scraping alphabetically, so if you go down your list till you get to the first V for Vendetta, delete all the nfo's from there onwards.

What I tend to do is have a Temp movie folder, and have Media Companion scrape only this folder. Once I'm happy with the data, artwork etc for each movie, I cut them and paste into the actual folder that XBMC accesses.

I would probably do this:
Take a hundred movies into a temp folder, have MC scrape those movie. Confirm all is correct, then paste back into your main folder. Repeat until your happy with all your movies.
Then you could redirect MC to your main movie folder, or, for new movies, leave MC pointing to the temp folder.

Hope that of some help.
(2014-01-04, 07:45)scarecrow420 Wrote: [ -> ]So are you saying it's normal that when I rescrape a single movie that was incorrectly set to "V for vendetta" it still ends up as that? I wouldn't think that imdb limits etc would be happening when I'm rescraping just 1 movie

If you re-scrape, it uses the original IMDBid number from the nfo, which is set to V for Vendetta. You have to Change Movie or delete the nfo and allow MC to scrape the movie from scratch.

(2014-01-04, 00:55)Steveb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-03, 22:50)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]

Cheers
Steve

Sorry, should have been more specific. The root tvshow folder to have a 'create folder.jpg' option.
Trivial I know but helps visually when browsing through your library in explorer.

(2014-01-04, 06:28)akya Wrote: [ -> ]Actually I use that too.. same like MC does for movies.. Download poster and copy it as folder.jpg.. So the TV Show folder looks all pretty in explorer Laugh

OK, should be able to make an option for that. Added to the To Do List.
(2014-01-04, 10:29)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-04, 00:55)Steveb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-03, 22:50)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]So your asking for the poster for each season, to be saved as folder.jpg in the season folder, if the season folder exists?

(2014-01-04, 06:28)akya Wrote: [ -> ]Actually I use that too.. same like MC does for movies.. Download poster and copy it as folder.jpg.. So the TV Show folder looks all pretty in explorer Laugh

OK, should be able to make an option for that. Added to the To Do List.

Option added to MC under TV Preferences, to allow saving of TV Show's poster as folder.jpg.

RUn Batch wizzard, downloading missing posters, to populate the folder.jpg file in all your tv shows.

Available in next release, soon.
(2014-01-04, 10:29)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-04, 07:45)scarecrow420 Wrote: [ -> ]So are you saying it's normal that when I rescrape a single movie that was incorrectly set to "V for vendetta" it still ends up as that? I wouldn't think that imdb limits etc would be happening when I'm rescraping just 1 movie

If you re-scrape, it uses the original IMDBid number from the nfo, which is set to V for Vendetta. You have to Change Movie or delete the nfo and allow MC to scrape the movie from scratch.
Ah OK, my mistake on what "rescrape" means then. It would be good if there was a command that could operate on multiple shows at once and do the automated discovery/search again, like what happens the first time you add an item to the MC library.

Also FYI for a bug report, I found that using "Change Movie" doesnt actually fix up the extrafanart and extrathumbs data that I configured my MC to grab. So for example on an item that had the wrong show even after I select "Change Movie" and select a different one, the nfo tbn and posters etc are updated, but the old extrafan and extrathumb data from the wrong movie are still there. Even when rescraping, these items still exist. I actually had to delete the extra* directories, then do a rescrape to get the correct extras there. In the couple of cases I looked at, the wrong movie had say 5 fanarts and the new movie only had 1, but it wasnt the case that the first 1 was updated and the other 4 left behind, it really seemed that all 5 were still from the old/wrong movie. As I said, I had to actually completely remove those extra* directories before MC would go off and get the correct "extras" for those items.

Oh and one final suggestion Smile

In terms of deleting the NFO (and other metadata) from all these incorrect/problem movies, this is reasonably cumbersome to do since it isnt purely on an alphabetical basis and they are scattered around all over the place in my folder structure. Yet I can quite easily select them in the Media Companion GUI using the filtering and searching tools etc. It would be awesome if you added a command in Media Companion to "clean all metadata" of whatever movies are selected (or when removing an item from the library it has an option to remove the metadata as well). This would delete anything that media companion created - NFO file, TBN file, fanart, posters, extra thumbs, extra fanart, etc...

As it stands im not quite sure how I will clean these 1000 V for Vendetta nfo files and extra fans/thumbs. I may just have to delete all metadata from all 2000 movies, or perhaps some creating grepping and whatnot will build me a list of things I want deleted. So yeah, having an option in MC to remove all metadata for the selected movies would be fantastic for this situation
Ok everyone, I have a need of assistance with scraping a TV Show for my kids, Spongebob Squarepants. If you take a look on IMDB, you will notice that each "EPISODE" has 1, 2, or 3 actual separate shows. I'm a bit confused as to how I need to name these episode parts in order for Media Companion to scrape them properly. Any help is appreciated.
(2014-01-05, 18:32)johnsills1 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok everyone, I have a need of assistance with scraping a TV Show for my kids, Spongebob Squarepants. If you take a look on IMDB, you will notice that each "EPISODE" has 1, 2, or 3 actual separate shows. I'm a bit confused as to how I need to name these episode parts in order for Media Companion to scrape them properly. Any help is appreciated.

Take the data from TheTvDb for TV series, not IMDB
Spongebob Squarepants

Which will give you the correct IMDB number
imdb