Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-05-08, 15:07)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Hate to be the guy who asks "When's the next release?", but... Anxiously waiting to apply some of the new changes, besides, couldn't see this thread being on page three and Ember and Tiny have a sub-forum of their own! DevilRofl

I am trying to get an release out in the next 24 hours.

Just real-life, (and work Sad ) getting in the way.

And besides, we must be on page three, cause there aren't any problems with Media Companion. Angel Cool .....
(2014-05-08, 23:02)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-08, 15:07)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Hate to be the guy who asks "When's the next release?", but... Anxiously waiting to apply some of the new changes, besides, couldn't see this thread being on page three and Ember and Tiny have a sub-forum of their own! DevilRofl

I am trying to get an release out in the next 24 hours.

Just real-life, (and work Sad ) getting in the way.

And besides, we must be on page three, cause there aren't any problems with Media Companion. Angel Cool .....

Great, looking forward to it. Thanks!
Media Companion 3.597b Released.
Download from here

Plenty of bug fixes, including catching if TMDB is down (big one as it halted scraping of movies).

Enjoy, and as always, Post a review, post up issues.

Revision History
I want to use a second Media Companion and use the same settings of my existing one. Which files / folders do I have to copy, respectively not to copy?
Copy the whole settings folder to the new Media Companion location. This will keep your settings, database of Movies and TV shows.

If you only want the customized settings, then copy only the config.xml file from the first to the second Media Companion. I would suggest starting the second MC once, shut it down, then replace files in the settings folder that you wish to, ie config.xml, tvcache.xml etc.

Hope that helps some.
Thanks very much for the latest release! Just a couple observations/requests. I think I'm going to just keep actors in the movie folders. Seems that only IMDB images get saved to the local path setting. The adjustable filter window...can it be set to save last position or default closed? Having to adjust it every time the program starts is a bit of a bother. Same with the banner window. A bit too big for my tastes. Prefer fanart and posters. That's it (for now Smile) Again, thanks for the release.
Added to To Do List.
- Movie Filter window save last position
- TV Banner window, Fanart&Poster adjust proportionally and leave remaining for Banner.
One other request if it isn't that difficult. It would be nice if while navigating the list of movies/tv shows, there was some sort of quick nav. Say, press "c" to go to movies beginning with "c". It's a long scroll through a 1000+ movies! Smile Thanks again for the great work.
I'll look into it. Think movies may be doable, not so sure on TV shows
Quote:How can I display in the "Main Browser" (and "Table") tab the country of production? E.g. "Terminator" - Country: "USA".

1. Currently not implimented to display country in Main Browser, and I do not see code to support this in Table View. There is limited space in Main Browser for this field to be added, but it should be possible to add this to Table View.
Where can I find the information about the country of production at all?

Is it meanwhile available?
(2014-05-10, 06:41)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]I'll look into it. Think movies may be doable, not so sure on TV shows

Movies is great. Don't have that much TV.
Quote:Copy the whole settings folder to the new Media Companion location. This will keep your settings, database of Movies and TV shows.

If you only want the customized settings, then copy only the config.xml file from the first to the second Media Companion. I would suggest starting the second MC once, shut it down, then replace files in the settings folder that you wish to, ie config.xml, tvcache.xml etc.

Hope that helps some.
Yes, of course, many thanks, vbat99, so I just will copy the xml file to the new location because I do not need the existing fanart, images in the other folders. I will do it like you say.
(2014-05-10, 09:06)Dirki Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:How can I display in the "Main Browser" (and "Table") tab the country of production? E.g. "Terminator" - Country: "USA".

1. Currently not implimented to display country in Main Browser, and I do not see code to support this in Table View. There is limited space in Main Browser for this field to be added, but it should be possible to add this to Table View.
Where can I find the information about the country of production at all?

How can I copy a profile?

Think you've found the answer for copying a profile

As for the Country of production, I don't think we get that information. Does XBMC get that info ?
Quote:As for the Country of production, I don't think we get that information. Does XBMC get that info ?
No, I cannot find it there. But I would guess, it is available because other scraper get it and renaming programs and you can find it in the data bases, e.g theTVDB, IMDB and so on.

Quote:Think you've found the answer for copying a profile
Very sorry, I haven't yet. Would be nice to learn how to.

Many thanks.
(2014-05-10, 13:34)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-10, 06:41)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]I'll look into it. Think movies may be doable, not so sure on TV shows

Movies is great. Don't have that much TV.

Added this to Movies. For next release.

(2014-05-11, 09:39)Dirki Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:As for the Country of production, I don't think we get that information. Does XBMC get that info ?
No, I cannot find it there. But I would guess, it is available because other scraper get it and renaming programs and you can find it in the data bases, e.g theTVDB, IMDB and so on.

Quote:Think you've found the answer for copying a profile
Very sorry, I haven't yet. Would be nice to learn how to.

Many thanks.

I'll look into the Country info, and see if it can be added.

As for the copy of profile. Which profile? are you meaning for Media Companion in a new folder? or creating a new profile in Media Companion?