Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Auto start xbmc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having installed XBMC on 3 computers in the house (moved on from xbox), on 2 of them, i would like the computer to boot straight into XBMC, i have right clicked on the xbmc logo on desktop, and clicked 'pin to start menu' , but when i start the computer , xbmc does not start.

So, as i forget how you do this, can someone please enlighten me as to what i need to select to get xbmc to load up evry time the computer is switched on!
Thank you

Forgot to mention, i am running windows vista, must be the age!
Pin to Start only adds the program to the Start Menu. You habe to use the Autostart Folder of your current User ...

Sent from my 7 Mozart T8698 using Board Express
Startup folder not autostart

Matt
(2012-04-17, 12:23)falafael Wrote: [ -> ]Having installed XBMC on 3 computers in the house (moved on from xbox), on 2 of them, i would like the computer to boot straight into XBMC, i have right clicked on the xbmc logo on desktop, and clicked 'pin to start menu' , but when i start the computer , xbmc does not start.

So, as i forget how you do this, can someone please enlighten me as to what i need to select to get xbmc to load up evry time the computer is switched on!
Thank you

Forgot to mention, i am running windows vista, must be the age!

As the guys above said, "pin to start menu" just puts it in your start menu itself. The folder you need to move the shortcut it to is Start Menu > All Programs > Startup.
Thanks for that, all done now.
Its odd how you can sometimes forget how to do the most simplest things sometimes! lol