Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "Recently Added" Menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to change the settings for the Recently Added menu? I just updated my library with backed episodes, many of which I've seen already, so the list is filled with old episodes I don't really care about and makes it hard to find episodes that are current to the according date. I'd like a setting that only adds shows that are either within about to days of that current date, or at least a way to clear the Recently Added list.
(2012-04-18, 01:41)brando56894 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to change the settings for the Recently Added menu? I just updated my library with backed episodes, many of which I've seen already, so the list is filled with old episodes I don't really care about and makes it hard to find episodes that are current to the according date. I'd like a setting that only adds shows that are either within about to days of that current date, or at least a way to clear the Recently Added list.

You can set the recently added menu to show you only unwatched stuff. In Confluence left arrow should get you a sidebar menu where you can change that. It would require you to set all the stuff as watched. The only other option is to refresh your more recent (by date) stuff to get it back to the top of the list.

That works partially, the only problem is there are some old things that I haven't yet watched and I don't want to mark them as being watched just so they won't show up there Undecided Also just as I thought before, it hides ALL of the stuff that I've watched, which will make me forget I have most of the stuff because some old episodes I watch multiple times.

Thanks
I don't think there is any easy way of doing this. However here is what I did recently.

I removed the newer stuff from the scanned folder and did a rescan. It removed those items from the database. Then I added them back to the folder and scanned so they were readded and put in the "Recently Added" menu.

Its ugly.. but it worked.

I also think if you go into the movie details itself (the screen with the trailer and plot and actors) and you can refresh the data it will rescrape it from the internet/info file and add it to the recently added list. But this way you have to do it one by one.
Being able to do this would help - I never managed it though.. Sad