Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No audio on some files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have some newer UFC mkvs. There is no audio when run from xbmc, but I do get audio when run from MPC. When I play the file in xbmc nothing shows up on my audio receiver. It usually says what mode it is running in, DTS, DD, stereo, etc.. But it's just blank when playing these files. Any suggestions?
just some toughts, maybe you missing plugin to play the sound of these new format files you have.?

Yes this is a possibility but the question is why? XBMC should have all codecs built in no? MPC certainly has the required codecs. So if this is the issue then how can I find out what I am missing?
XBMC should have all required codecs built in. Run MediaInfo (wiki) on the file and tell us what it says (via pastebin.com)
Sorry I'm not sure what you want me to paste exactly. I can just post here the audio info from mediainfo.

It says

First audio stream
384 Kbps, 48.0 kHz, 16 bits, 2 channels, AC-3

I have another file with the exact same audio output which plays fine in xbmc. Both files play in MPC.