Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to make XBMC show the channel list from the database when the backend is too slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I am testing the PVR functionalities and I am facing a couple of problems.

1.- Sometimes my testing add-on takes too much time getting the channel list and I hold returning from GetChannelsAmount/GetChannels until I get that information.
Is there any way for making XBMC to use the channel list/EPG it has in its database (until I discover the info and I make a trigger)?

2.- As I am blocked in GetChannelsAmount/GetChannels until the add-on discovers the information, it is possible it never happens and I decide to exit from XBMC. In this case XBMC won't close ever. Is this a known bug?
1) xbmc always imports the channels from the add-on into the db when initialising the add-on. if the add-on fails to return any channels, the already present channels will be removed. this is intended behaviour. when your add-on detects that something changed and xbmc needs to be updated, it should call one of the Trigger...() methods on the interface.

2) no. could you create a ticket for it with a full debug log.
(2012-04-23, 10:22)dushmaniac Wrote: [ -> ]2) no. could you create a ticket for it with a full debug log.

Done: https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/issues/518,
thank you very much Lars.