Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ATV1 Crystal Suddenly no HD video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

About 6 months ago I installed the Crystal HD card in my ATV1, and with the XBMC 10 everything (720p, 1080p 5.1) was playing perfectly.
Until one day. I try to play a video as usual and the video does not appear. I must say that I did not change anything - just since one day problem started.

More precisely, these are the steps I make (currently, I have XBMC 11 running):
(1) Check that the Crystal HD is enabled.
(2) I start to play a 1080p .mkv movie.
(3) There is no video, but the audio plays fine for around 10 seconds. Also the OSD's are accessible and I can go through them.
(4) After those 10 seconds audio starts to hang/lag (like buffering - audio-noaudio-audio-noaudio) and the OSD timeline also is not going smoothly second-by-second. Even more, I can see on my external coax audio decoder that the DTS symbol turns on-turnsoff-turnson-turnsoff, etc.)

PS I tried to play an SD video - plays OK. Tried to play 720p 5.1 .mkv movie - seemed to play fine, although it seems that some times it lags a bit - perhaps it is not using CrystalHD?. Thus, I could conclude that the problem is mainly with 1080p movies, and partly with 720p movies.

PS2 I don't know whether this might be the cause, but I remember that at the day when the problem started, I played a 720p AVI movie, which I had never done. I usually play .mkvs.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Here's the log when doing the four steps mentioned above: http://pastebin.com/FbsRfQuP