Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HDMI-audio only on AMD ASRock A75M
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi. I built an HTPC using an ASRock A75M motherboard and Windows 7. I have been using audio through the onboard HDMI. It has worked perfectly.

Now, I'd like to play audio through a headphone/speaker jack on either the back or the front of my HTPC. I get no sound out of either. I checked in the control panel, under playback devices, and AMD HDMI is the only option.

I have tried different settings in the BIOS, and have tried reinstalling the sound drivers from ASRock and AMD's websites, but no matter what, I only get HDMI listed under playback devices.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
yeah i had an issue like that too with my gigabyte motherboard.
altho not an FM1 socket, im sure its same thing.

make sure you use HD-AUDIO Lead from your case.
dont use AC'97...

also, i needed to have the Realtek HD Audio R2.65 driver Package installed...
installing it also gave me a realtek hd audio manager software thats running 24/7 in my system tray.
and if its not running, if i plug my headphones on my front ports, nothing happens.
but if it runs, its all working!!

can u link me to your motherboard model please?

here, i checked, download the driver here
ftp://174.142.97.10/drivers/all/Audio/Re...(R262).zip

altho u may have download the ALL IN ONE package from ASROCK website,
so, it should already be installed on your system...

but if not, just follow my suggestions.

use HD AUDIO lead from your htpc case.
and install the Realtek HD Audio R2.65 driver Package
I noticed others had that Realtek HD Audio Manager software running, but no matter which package I installed, I never had it.

If I'm using the wrong lead, wouldn't my back port still work? It doesn't for me.

I'll check inside my case, now.
check and u need Realtek HD Audio Manager software running,
also, if the Realtek HD Audio R2.65 driver Package from ASROCK website doesnt work for you,

there's an update released on REALTEK's official website,
its Realtek HD Audio R2.68 driver Package!

u may install it and see if u get also Realtek HD Audio Manager software
--> ftp://207.232.93.28/pc/audio/64bit_Vista_Win7_R268.exe

once installed and pc rebooted, check if u see it in your control Panel

The lead looks right.

I'll try the driver you linked to.
good, cuz thats about all i can do from here :/

if not, well, uninstall audio drivers, reboot, and install again.

once installed and pc rebooted, check if u see it in your control Panel

if not then, man, im not sure the software can be downloaded separately...

u might need a windows reinstall :/
Okay, no luck with either of those. I'm going to try uninstall, reboot, install a couple more times.

The reason I wanted to use the audio jack instead of HDMI audio was because I wanted to listen to HTPC music with the TV off, and currently, either Windows 7 or my receiving kills the audio when the TV goes off. Any idea how to prevent that?
so u wanna keep listening to music even when TV is OFF...
and your HTPC is connected to an Audio/Video Receiver via HDMi?...
?

Yes. Figure it's a waste to keep the big plasma on when I'm in the other room and just listening to music.

HDMI from HTPC to my Onkyo SR607 receiver, and then HDMI to TV. I can listen to audio from my TiVo with the TV off, so I think it's Windows that's turning off the audio when the TV goes off.
In the bios is Front Panel Control set to Auto?
(2012-04-21, 22:47)eskro Wrote: [ -> ]In the bios is Front Panel Control set to Auto?

Yes.
like this
for your "Sound stops when TV turned off" issue

as weird as it soundz, update your GPU driver to the latest.
Yea.

Just tried a couple more uninstall/restart/installs. No matter what, I never have seen the Realtek HD Audio Manager show up in the control panel or anywhere else. And under playback devices (even with show disabled and disconnected devices), I only ever see HDMI as an option like so:

Is anyone else with Windows 7 able to get audio to play via HDMI with their TV/display off?
u might have defect case lead...

whats your case?

whats inside your PC?

known problem from ATI cards afaik.
make sure you do not have atievxxx.exe running (either as autostart exe or as service). This process is responsible for detecting displays hotplugs and disconnects, so you just need to disable it for not reacting to TV to be switched on/off.
let us know if this help.
(2012-04-21, 23:01)eskro Wrote: [ -> ]u might have defect case lead...

whats your case?

whats inside your PC?
I don't think it's the case since the motherboard's ports don't work either. I have a SilverStone ML03B. Using the integrated ATI for video.

(2012-04-21, 23:01)eskro Wrote: [ -> ]known problem from ATI cards afaik.
make sure you do not have atievxxx.exe running (either as autostart exe or as service). This process is responsible for detecting displays hotplugs and disconnects, so you just need to disable it for not reacting to TV to be switched on/off.
let us know if this help.

No ATI services running, and killed every ATI process in task manager, but sound still won't come out through HDMI with the display off.

Thanks for trying. I guess I can just leave it on.
Pages: 1 2