Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Upgrade from dharma to eden
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today i decided to upgrade from dharma to eden. (while apt was holding the update on ubuntu server 10.10)

I un installed the package xbmc-live, (to stop the deamon) did an upgrade, and there was an error! ...Something like: can't find /etc/uxlaunch/uxlaunch (i really don't know what that is btw.)

After some research i created this, as an empty file and apt-upgraded xbmc-live. But it didn't start xbmc?
So I searched more and created a file like; in this topic: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=120863
It works? Ok, the first time not really, but at least there was a xbmc.log file with an error about mysql.
I removed mysql from, advanced.xml en finally; There it was!

But it starts slow and i can't restart xbmc as a service? (and even had to restart my pc, when i accidentally closed xbmc with my remote)

After a reboot I did some (h)top, and now there where multiple scripts trying to start xbmc, so i removed xbmc-live via apt, did a reboot and xbmc started (again slow) but with lesser processes.

Why is xbmc-live not working with eden on Ubuntu 10.10? Or maybe ...even better? What can I do to make it work?