Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Internal player trouble/crashes - exernal player not that easy, either (remote)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks,

after having used xbmc on my old xbox for years now, I decided I needed a new htpc to deliver hd content. So I built a small pc (intel atom with nvidia ion) running debian testing and xbmc 11.

As long as sd content is playes, everything is fine, I even got the remote working. But hd content reproducably crashes xbmc, no matter what kind of material is played. I searched far and wide but did not find a valid solution.

So, mplayer2 sprang to mind, which I also use on my normal pc. I integrated it into xbmc as an external palyer, it plays sd, plays hd, everything well. Sadly enough, mplayer expects its own control commands, for example "space" for pause, "esc" for stop etc. So I can control mplayer with the keyboard, but not with the remote, which is running via inputlirc. I'd need to pass xbmc different commands when running video, but I don't think that's possible, is it?

Anyway, if anybody found a solution for the crashing of xbmc with hd-content (maybe it's somewhat related to the nvidia-ion-vdpau) then I'll be glad to listen.

Here's the debug-log when crashing: http://pastebin.com/tPp2RLhv

Cheers,
Tron