Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Blinking cursor after XBMCBuntu install from USB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've installed XBMCBuntu from a Unetbootin-created USB stick on a second Revo 3600, install went well (except that it tried to get updates from CD, which obvioulsy failed). Reboot will only show me the blinking cursor on a black screen.

I've found these instructions, since apparently, the right bootloader gets installed on the USB stick, and not the HDD:

sudo grub-install /dev/sda (replace 'a' with whatever HDD you want to boot from)
sudo update-grub
sudo reboot

I tried logging into Ubuntu to do that, but the "thing" (is it busybox?) I can boot in after pressing F12 and picking "boot from first hard drive" doesn't even know the commands sudo, update, and grub.

I have a feeling I'm doin something wrong here....any leads? I think the issue is that the right bootloader isn't loading from the HD, but I can't find a way to remedy that.

Thanks!
*bump* Smile
OK, solved.
Tried installing again, same result, and then formatted the USB stick and copied xbmcbuntu iso over vie Unetbootin again. Installed again, and this time, it worked. Maybe there was something left on the stick from my previous install or something, I don't know. Anyway, it works!
Thanks! I had the same problem. I'm going to reload my usb stick and see if fixes the issue.