Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Crunchyroll [DMCA Takedown]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Yes please, I'm really interested for a solution in that matter.
I will have a code review of your addon and might come up with a solution/suggestion.
Cheers _moo_
Hey Yoshi, I love your add-on! I've been marathoning Hunter x Hunter for the past few days with no problem, but out of the blue yesterday, I got a error that reads "Script failed!: plugin.video.crunchyroll-takeout".

I uninstalled and reinstalled the add-on thinking that might fix something, but I'm still getting the same error.

I'm running XBMC 12.2 on Ubuntu 12.10, if that helps.
Hi Yoshi,

First I must say thanks for the add-on, it's a great way to watch Crunchyroll and I prefer it to the Viera tv app that is my fall-back when there are problems with it. However it's suddenly stopped working altogether (same as smudo, above). I've been through the log and checked the cache and what appears to be happening is that the boxee rss feeds are no longer fetchable (there's a 404 in the log and no .rss files in the cache). Hence although the queue will download successfully, the script then fails immediately when it tries to fetch the first of the feeds.

The part of the xbmc log where the error occurs is here: http://pastebin.com/MQVw3ApK

I'm running the plugin in XBMC 12.2 (Git:32b1a5e) on Xubuntu 12.10. Let me know if there's anything else you need from me to help with the troubleshooting.
I'm sorry to say this but we're dead.
And this tells the story: CRUNCHY: --> RSS feed not found.
Up to this point I have been pulling data from the boxee rss feeds to get show info.
These rss feeds have not been in use for some time ... so it is not that much of a surprise that this doesn't work any more.
Add to this the CDN changes and we're looking at a major rewrite of the code.
It's not that it is not doable, but it will take a lot of time.
(2013-06-25, 11:23)yoshiofthewire Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry to say this but we're dead.
And this tells the story: CRUNCHY: --> RSS feed not found.
Up to this point I have been pulling data from the boxee rss feeds to get show info.
These rss feeds have not been in use for some time ... so it is not that much of a surprise that this doesn't work any more.
Add to this the CDN changes and we're looking at a major rewrite of the code.
It's not that it is not doable, but it will take a lot of time.

That's a real shame, crunchyroll takeout is what's made crunchyroll worth the subscription for me. The alternative, in my case, is to watch it with the viera app and that is piss poor by comparison.

I'm not much of a coder (outside sql anyway) but I've done a bit here and there with python so I'd be happy to help where I can with a re-write; if you're up for it.
I am currently working on what will be CRT v0.7 code name "Flutter By Effect"
Thecus finally released an updated xbmc module, and now the crunchyroll addon is dysfunctional. Someone hates me. LOL

Thanks for working on the new release. Is there a timeline we can follow.
I don't have any time line at this point because I have to write SIX(!) scrapers from scratch to replace what I was using.
I MIGHT be able to pull a little of the old code, but I doubt it.
...This is going to take a while.

And fiddler isn't giving me Javascript responses. Which is going to make this suck so much more.
Apologies for asking an uber nube question, but can you somehow port the cr app for google? Or pull some code from it?

Life should be so easy.
tl;dr

The full version:
The Crunchyroll app, regardless of the platform, is incompatible with XBMC
1) None of the plugins are written in code XBMC can work with
2) That code is not available
3) That code has no connection to XBMC, so most of it would be useless.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3jP6FXj...2VxWDBVa28

Progress, that would be Queue listings working again.
Good news: You can play anything in your queue
Bad news: only in android mode.

Working on it
And we should be live, just in time for the new Summer Season.
This is a a work in progress.

Good streaming still doesn't work.
I'm working on that.
If you happen to speak a language that is not my bad English, please check out urlXL Translation to help translate Crunchyroll Takeout to other Languages

(non ascii chars may not display correctly)
* old tl version removed *

There's two strings from the configuration that is in english directly in the settings.xml, instead of using the translation files (the alternate method and the unstyle subs).

Btw, string id 60013 in the english file should be Shounen instead of Shoujo again.
I've monitor it and it redirects to "/videos/anime/genres/shounen" url.

I tried to take a look at the Norwegian file to try to confirm it, but the genres on that seems to be really different from the english file.

And thanks for updating the plugin!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46