Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Universal Movie Scraper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using UMS and understand that it now scrapes Metacritic and rotten Tomatoes scores. I've obtained an OMDB API and entered it into UMs but I do not see any RT scores listed in the exported .nfo of a newly scraped movie.

I'm also unclear how a skin now accesses this new information. My skin DialogueVideoInfo finds the IMDB rating simply from a <rating> tag. How do you specify that it is the IMDB and how do you get MC and RT (when I can' sort out how to get RT)?

Also, is there a method of updating all current movies in the library with MT and RT scores without having to do a new fresh re-scrape of them? I know there was a IMDb rating updater add-on that stopped being supported but still actually works. 

Thanks for any info you can provide!
(2018-06-30, 23:23)K0D1User1138 Wrote: [ -> ]How do you specify that it is the IMDB and how do you get MC and RT
Have a look at Multi Mod MQ7, they have done it... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2741809
(2018-06-30, 23:45)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-30, 23:23)K0D1User1138 Wrote: [ -> ]How do you specify that it is the IMDB and how do you get MC and RT
Have a look at Multi Mod MQ7, they have done it... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2741809 
Thanks for pointing out that mod however it appears to still be using SkinHelper to obtain the extra ratings info. I understand UMS now scrapes that info directly into the movie database (and exports to .nfo) and that skins should be able to use that info. Or perhaps what I was reading in the Titan skin thread was incorrect?
Not the most straightforward thread, but a good pointer and you will be able to figure out what you want:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=323804
(2018-07-02, 10:56)olympia Wrote: [ -> ]Not the most straightforward thread, but a good pointer and you will be able to figure out what you want:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=323804
 Thanks for the pointer. I had looked into that thread but stopped reading when, at first, it didn't appear to address what I was looking for. I've posted there looking for a bit more info on how to get things working well.
You probably don't care about the issue with votes being shown without commas. But I've noticed my laptop running the same build of Kodi has commas. A fresh installation on the HTPC does not have commas, and the only add-on installed is the Universal Movie Scraper. Doesn't really make any sense?
I've had an odd problem with Universal Movie Scraper for about 6 months, across two LibreElec Raspberry Pi boxes. In the tagline of about 50% of the movies scraped, this appears somewhere in the description:
!!!TRIM!!!!!!FIXCHARS!!!

Also, some movie titles get changed oddly. For instance, 'Fried Green Tomatoes' gets changed to 'Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe'. I believe that was the name of the book it was based on, but IMDB shows 'Fried Green Tomatoes'.

Any idea how to fix these issues?
Thanks!
(2018-07-25, 16:23)RChadwick Wrote: [ -> ]Also, some movie titles get changed oddly. For instance, 'Fried Green Tomatoes' gets changed to 'Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe'. I believe that was the name of the book it was based on, but IMDB shows 'Fried Green Tomatoes'.

I would suggest that your scraper is configured to resolve names in UK instead of US.
Thanks for the response.
In Universal Movie Scraper, Get Title From is IMDB, and preferred Title Language is United States/International. I changed it to Keep Original, but get the same problem.

Different countries makes sense though. In the UK, the title is Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe. However, another title that's messed up, Saving Private Ryan, is changed to just Private Ryan. and that doesn't appear to be the UK name.
(2018-07-25, 16:23)RChadwick Wrote: [ -> ]I've had an odd problem with Universal Movie Scraper for about 6 months, across two LibreElec Raspberry Pi boxes. In the tagline of about 50% of the movies scraped, this appears somewhere in the description:
!!!TRIM!!!!!!FIXCHARS!!!

Please, at least provide an example, please...
I'll just pick the first few I see. As I said, this is in about half of my movies.

The Cannonball Run:
You'll root for them all...but you'll never guess
who wins. - !!!TRIM!!!!!!FIXCHARS!!!
A wide variety of eccentric

----------------------------------------------------------
Far from Heaven:
What lies beneath the surface? What hides
behind the walls? What imprisons desires of
the heart? - !!!TRIM!!!!!!FIXCHARS!!!

Forever My Girl:
!!!TRIM!!!!!!FIXCHARS!!!
After being gone for a decade a
country star returns home to the love he left

---------------------------------------------------------

Traffik
Refuse to Be A Victim - !!!TRIM!!!!!!FIXCHARS!!!
A couple off for a romantic
weekend in the mountains are accosted by a

---------------------------------------------------------

Gotti:
The True Story of the Most Notorious Gangster
of Our Generation - !!!TRIM!!!!!!FIXCHARS!!!
The story of crime boss John

Thinking it might be a skin issue, I switched back to Confluence, and everything looks fine. My preferred skin is Aeon Nox, which showed the issue.
@RChadwick

Can you please provide the following as it will help diagnosing the issue...

1. Screenshot which displays that problem
2. Debug Log following these steps

1. Remove one of the problem movies from the library
  2. Enable Debugging mode. Go to Settings>System Settings>Logging and it should be the first option
  3. Restart Kodi
  4. Replicate the problem by scraping the movie back into the library.
  5. Exit and Upload the log to https://paste.ubuntu.com/ manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. With either method post the link back here.
Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Tagline is truncated with "\" char and end of line when original text uses double quotes.

I use the UMS. I get my movie data primarily from TMDB. For the movie "Fallen Angel" (1945), it has the Tagline:
The creator of "Laura" does it again!

But in Kodi, this comes out as:
Tagline: The creator of \

You can find the debug log at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oh3wy8y3c7pdra...d.log?dl=0
I don't know enough to tell if it is a scraping issue or if it lies elsewhere in Kodi.

Running Kodi 17.6 on Ubuntu 16.04
Yes, it seems to be the scraper...

xml:
17:51:15.054 T:140226381641472 DEBUG: scraper: ParseTMDBTagline returned <details><tagline>The creator of \</tagline></details>

If memory serves correctly, I think that happened once before, quite a while ago

@olympia will have to look at it when he gets back from holidays.