Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Universal Movie Scraper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-09-21, 23:57)olympia Wrote: [ -> ]Fixed in IMDb common v3.1.2; thanks for reporting.
I am still having genre scraping problems with v3.1.2. While most of the movies got scraped correctly, there are still some that have a blank genre. I haven't checked each and every one of them, but those that failed to scrape correctly have a single genre in IMDB ("Documentary" [or] "Drama") while others have multiple genres.
Too bad for you!
(2018-09-25, 21:21)olympia Wrote: [ -> ]Too bad for you!
I have tried the following:
  1. I have refreshed the movie information.
  2. I have removed them from the library and rescanned.
  3. I have moved the movie/documentary to a different drive and tried to scan.
None of this helps. Every movie or documentary that does not get its genre scrapped has a single genre (like Shawshank with genre listed as "Drama"). All others with multiple genres (like Solo with  Action, Adventure, Fantasy) get scrapped correctly.
In such cases it's not important to tell what you have tried, but an example movie helps a lot. I think you appreciate I will not start hunting for a single genre movie myself based on your otherwise full accurate conclusion... Smile

Now that you named Shawshank, the fix is in the air with v3.1.3 of IMDb common scraper.
A random question about the scrapers. How do I name Alien 3? I've named it Alien³ as it is in tmbd but it doesn't appear in the Movie section in Kodi?

Everything else is fine. Should it be Alien 3? Alien3?

Many thanks and apologies if this is a bit specific for the thread.
@probedb

How are you scraping the movie?
1. Are you running an Update Library or
2. Are you navigating to Videos>Files and selecting Information on that title?

Try method 2 and it should be offered up as one of a few selections. Don't forget to add the year to the title... Alien³ (1992) or Alien 3 (1992) will work.
Just scraped Christopher Robin and didn't get any Rotten Tomatoes scores. Has something changed on their site to mess with our fun?
I'm not sure if this is the proper place for this, but I've been having some problems with the scraper not finding or misidentifying Made-for-TV movies. I'm using LibreElec and I had TMDB set as the scraper originally but then set it to IMDB and I'm still getting the same results. Most of Stephen King's movies... The Stand (Even though I find it in an info search it still calls it Medicine Man)Storm of the Century, The Tommyknockers, Stephen King's It and also Lonesome Dove (It calls it Lonesome Dove Church), The Thorn Birds, and several other Made-for-TV movies are not found correctly. This all worked properly when I used OpenElec, but I don't think it had Universal Movie Scraper on it.
@overlordmanny

The Universal Movie Scraper does not scrape TV Shows.

Read here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969
Coming back to the problem that this scraper fails to identify 1 out of 5 or 6 movies for me. I have done very extensive testing on this. The scraper is set to "Movies are in seperate folders that match the movie title". This is supposed to use the folder title for lookups but this isn't what happens. Instead, only the file name is passed to IMDB and if it's too complex IMDB will respond with "no match found". There currently seems to be no way to have such a movie scraped from within Kodi since the scraper doesn't even present a dialogue to enter a movie title manually. The only way around this is to create an .nfo with the correct IMDB ID and THEN scrape again.

The purpose of this post is not to complain or seek support, because I know the workarounds. Instead, these are my suggestion to remedy the situation and improve this scraper:

1. Add a right-click option for single movie folder and file to manually add information, same as the manual option presented when refreshing information.

2. Interestingly, when an EMPTY "video.nfo" file is placed next to such a movie file, the scraper WILL use the folder name for lookup. I get 100% correct results with this method. So the suggestion would be one of two actions: Either add the ability to create an empty video.nfo file in each respective folder when "Movies are in seperate folders that match the movie title" is activated. Or, and I don't know if this is possible programmatically, SIMULATE the presence of this file when the aforementioned option is active.

Thanks for reading!
You definitely need support rather than providing suggestions... The issue what you are picturing here just doesn't exist. Your folder/ filer structure and/ or naming conventions are wrong. Fix that and the issue will gone.
Honey, you're like toothpaste, abrasive but we need you. You can be in denial all you want but the log messages posted here speak for themselves.
I would be careful with you wording in your case; anyway you are on my ignore list now...
Since yesterday, new movies in my library have their title stored in english, instead of spanish. I use IMDB. No configuration changes, no recent addon updates. I guess IMDB just changed their webpage AGAIN.

For example, from yesterday:

1. Filename: "La profecía (1976) [DUAL-subs-Opus].jcea.mkv"

2. Run the database update.

3. Film correctly identified as https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075005/

4. During the scanning, the GUI even shows "La profecía (1976)" as the name of the film, on screen.

5. Nevertheless, the title of the film in the database will be "The Omen (1976)", in english.

This is something new. A couple of days ago everything was working fine.

Thanks!.
Is there a setting somewhere to keep Universal Movie Scraper from scanning my library every time I start Kodi? I don't see any option to disable this in its addon settings. And I have 'Update library on startup' disabled in the Video Library section of Media Settings. Am I missing some other option somewhere?
Thanks.