Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Universal Movie Scraper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ARGH... Thanks, man. Wasn't expecting this setting at a central place.
Yeah, it does not really make sense to me either. It should have been a setting at the Source level. It has confused a lot of people which is why it made it into that link I gave you.
Hi,

I have installed Kodi 18.1 and import my data, but no actors in movie informations.

Is it possible to scrap theme only ?
@domrol

No, it is not possible to only scrape actors. The entire movie needs to be scraped.

Where did you import your data from? NFO Files? If yes, how did you create the NFO Files?

Post the contents of one of the NFO Files to Kodi Paste Site
I have made a backup of my library.
After that I have desinstalled Kodi 17.6
I have installed Kodi 18.1
Then I import my library.
I can see the Kodi's directory with the folders : actors, movies, musicvideos, tvshows and the file videodb.xml
the directory is not empty. And, when I browse de file videodb.xml I see the actor's pointers.
I had to redo my library... now all is right.
Hi all,
I made an upgrade to LibreELEC 9.0 from LE 8.5.2 on my Wetek Play2. It works very well (except occasionally some "black screen" but this is another story...).
I use the Universal Movie Scraper to scan my library and I have to say that tipically it catches almost all the movies' info. The problem is that, when a file is not "scrapped" (I don't know how to say it.. sorry) and the scraper doesn't find info about that, it's not possibile to make a "manual search" for it. In the past versions (I don't know if this is a problem of the scraper or a problem of Kodi / LE ), it was possible to modify the "search" string (by default filled with the file name) and search again, and very often this method worked well. Now, only a message box appears saying something similar to "no info for this movie found"...
BTW, I used for all the files stored in my NAS the same naming convention movietitle  (yyyy).mkv (or .avi), and it works in the 95% of the cases (I clean the library and rebuild it from scratch, I have around 300 movies and only 8-9 weren't catched by the scrapers.
So the question is : what method I have to follow to retrieve info from the "missing" files?

thanks
Andrea
Hi Everyone....

First post ! , been checking the forum for a while now but just register now.

Mate where can i get version 5.30?  kodi repo has 5.2.6 only......probably a noob question...sorry if it is
@mancio61

Someone else has reported the same issue, but 3 Team Members are unable to replicate the issue... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=340898

Another method is to use a Parsing NFO File... NFO_files#Parsing_nfo (wiki)
@Karellen

Mate thanks for the info , i could not find it , saving the link

Now that i have your attention, in order of appearance in your post

5.3.1 soon?
Not sure what you mean on your point 3 of requirements, what feature is not included in the default scrapers?
Artwork Whitelist , will this still be necessary on 5.3.1?
Extended Artwork for Movie Sets will not be added to existing sets, sorry for being such a noob , in order to get it in all my set , what should i do re scrap folders again?

thank you again
(2019-02-21, 21:30)MAX404 Wrote: [ -> ]5.3.1 soon?
Nope. Why?

(2019-02-21, 21:30)MAX404 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure what you mean on your point 3 of requirements, what feature is not included in the default scrapers?
I'll reword that point. I was referring to the ability of scraping Extended Artwork for Movies and Movie Sets

(2019-02-21, 21:30)MAX404 Wrote: [ -> ]Artwork Whitelist , will this still be necessary on 5.3.1?
It is a Kodi requirement, not a scraper requirement. It will be required for all versions of the scraper starting from v5.3 installed on v18 of Kodi

(2019-02-21, 21:30)MAX404 Wrote: [ -> ]Extended Artwork for Movie Sets will not be added to existing sets, sorry for being such a noob , in order to get it in all my set , what should i do re scrap folders again?
Probably the easiest is to install Artwork Beef and let it download and install the movie set artwork for you... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=258886

Otherwise it is a matter of removing all the movies in the movie set, and rescraping them.
(2019-02-21, 21:38)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Nope. Why?
Just curious as you mentioned in your post , but not in need of it ... i have not even installed this one yet

(2019-02-21, 21:38)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]I'll reword that point. I was referring to the ability of scraping Extended Artwork for Movies and Movie Sets
Got it mate , clear now

(2019-02-21, 21:38)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]It is a Kodi requirement, not a scraper requirement. It will be required for all versions of the scraper starting from v5.3 installed on v18 of Kodi
Ok , i thought it was something specific for the version

(2019-02-21, 21:38)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Probably the easiest is to install Artwork Beef and let it download and install the movie set artwork for you... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=258886
Otherwise it is a matter of removing all the movies in the movie set, and rescraping them.
I have already installed Artwork Beef , as part of Guilouz mod V2, will play with it during the weekend and see how it goes

Thanks
(2019-02-21, 21:38)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Probably the easiest is to install Artwork Beef and let it download and install the movie set artwork for you... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=258886

@Karellen

Mate just been thinking about what you said before..... If I have Artwork Beef installed do I need to make an Artwork whitelist?? just wondering..
No you don't, but then the Universal Movie Scraper won't add Extended Artwork, which means you could just use the default scraper and let Artwork Beef do all the work.