Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Universal Movie Scraper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-11-03, 00:07)olympia Wrote: [ -> ]As I said, the problem seems to be with this particular movie. TMDB finds the movies by their imdb id, but not this one.
ok, thanks.

@Mister XY Just use another scraper. As mentioned previously, it scrapes perfectly fine in German with the other scrapers.
Just tested and UMS uses imdb id to match movies on tmdb even if tmdb is used for search engine. This is by design to support both imdb and tmdb.
The problem is again that for some reason tmdb cannot find this particular movie by its imdb id.
anyone else have rotten tomatoes not being pulled for the last few weeks? Is there another add-on that pulls rotten tomato ratings?
(2020-11-03, 00:25)olympia Wrote: [ -> ]Just tested and UMS uses imdb id to match movies on tmdb even if tmdb is used for search engine. This is by design to support both imdb and tmdb.
The problem is again that for some reason tmdb cannot find this particular movie by its imdb id.

Could it be dut to the fact thatĀ tt1329665 is a series' episode and not a movie in IMDB?
Hi! I've been reading this thread for an hour now trying to find the best settings for this addon..
I had some problems with scraping artwork from time to time and changing the search engine from IMDb to TMDb seemed to be the solution! My movies were missing the TMDb ID but now they are available in the metadata Smile
So a lot of my settings are set to IMDb, I guess because I use that site a lot, but now I'm wondering if it's better to use TMDb for some? Can someone tell me the pros and cons of both? I already read for foreign titles TMDb is the way to go, but for everything else I don't know?
@Desperados

IMDB is not known for great artwork. There is no quality control and the artwork comes in all sorts of shapes and sizes. Good artwork comes from TheMovieDB and fanart.tv

IMDB is English only, so there are no alternate translations.

IMDB has no details of Movie Collections, instead using Connections that are sometimes not accurate for the scraping process.

IMDB has no API and is not designed for scraping.

Some users prefer plots, tags, genres, studio, directors and overview from IMDB, but apart from those, the rest of the info should come from TheMovieDB which has been designed for scraping.
(2020-11-22, 21:47)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@Desperados
Some users prefer plots, tags, genres, studio, directors and overview from IMDB, but apart from those, the rest of the info should come from TheMovieDB which has been designed for scraping.
Thanks for the reply! I will check my settings and make some changes Smile Do you know if it's possible to do a re-scrape for my library with these new settings?
(2020-11-23, 12:26)Desperados Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know if it's possible to do a re-scrape for my library with these new settings?
Yes, you can use the Refresh button to rescrape an individual movie.

To rescrape a whole Source, change the Content to None, Yes to remove all items,, then change back to Movies and let it rescrape.
NOTICE:

We are aware the update to the scraper yesterday did not resolve the issue. We consider the scraper still broken.

Once again TheMovieDB have made changes which are difficult to accommodate in the XML based scrapers. This affects both The Movie Database scraper and Universal Movie Scraper.

To continue scraping please switch over to the new Python based scraper... Add-on:The_Movie_Database_Python (wiki)
A current known issue with this scraper is that posters are scraped in English and this still needs to be fixed. If you use another language, download the correct poster manually.
(2020-11-25, 11:52)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]NOTICE:
We are aware the update to the scraper yesterday did not resolve the issue. We consider the scraper still broken.
I didn't read anything about the scraper being broken.. What exactly isn't working?
(2020-11-25, 21:44)Desperados Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't read anything about the scraper being broken.. What exactly isn't working?
It only applies if you have TheMovieDB set as your search engine. Most won't have this setting changed, so you probably won't notice any problem.
(2020-11-25, 21:45)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]It only applies if you have TheMovieDB set as your search engine. Most won't have this setting changed, so you probably won't notice any problem.
Oh I just changed the search engine from IMDb to TMDb last week because I was having some problems scraping artwork.. Found out every library item was missing TMDb ID which was causing the issue.. Damn I'll switch it back then lol!
I switched to IMDb and I like it. I have lots of classic movies and IMDb has ratings for all of them, while TMDb has only few voters, sometimes none. However, I cannot figure out how to get it working for "shorts". Scraper behaves like there was no entry in IMDb, but there is. Like this one - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0029665/ - I cannot get this scraped. Any help is appreciated.
(2020-12-07, 16:26)Segfault Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot figure out how to get it working for "shorts".
In your Settings for the scraper, enable "Include All Movie Categories" in the Search tab. Make this change on your Source via Context Menu>Change Content.
Thanks ... I must be missing something obvious here, cannot locate this Search tab ... I go Change Content on directory, then I get Set Content tab, I surf around there into all submenus, cannot see this Include All Movie Categories anywhere ...