Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Universal Movie Scraper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I said it's a general problem of streaming .mov files from within xbmc. It is not yahoo what is slow. This is the same with AOL, Apple, anything.

Try this from your browser, yahoo will stream just fine.
Hello There,

Not sure if I can get help with the following here and if not the right place please advise.

1) Is there a way to show the original title of the movie besides the title of the language selected in the scraper in the system menu? It is utterly useful since some of us have plenty of foreign movies and would like to be able to see both the main translated title when browsing the movie and the original title somewhere in the movie information screen as an important reference.

2) Is there a way to also show the "original spoken language" and the "music by" of the films in the info screen, along with directed by, runtime, country, year, etc.?

3) is there a way to show the language tracks and subtitles available locally when accessing the information screen for a film, without having to playback the movie to only then see what options are available in terms of audio and subtitles from the OSD?

Thanks in advance. CF
(2013-04-08, 21:57)capfuturo Wrote: [ -> ]3) is there a way to show the language tracks and subtitles available locally when accessing the information screen for a film, without having to playback the movie to only then see what options are available in terms of audio and subtitles from the OSD?

Use a skin that uses Video language script for audio & subtitle streams or implement it in your script.
(2013-04-08, 21:57)capfuturo Wrote: [ -> ]1) Is there a way to show the original title of the movie besides the title of the language selected in the scraper in the system menu? It is utterly useful since some of us have plenty of foreign movies and would like to be able to see both the main translated title when browsing the movie and the original title somewhere in the movie information screen as an important reference.

The scraper scrapes both the title on the language you set in settings AND original title. If you don't see this, then it is probably a skin thing.
(2013-04-07, 15:07)patria o muerte Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I have a problem with this scraper.Everytime i try to scrape the movie folder xbmc gives me this messagge:impossible to connect to remote server.
This happens after a addon restore with xbmc backup.
Maybe something is missing in addon or userdata folder?
Thanks in advance

Anybody can help me?
Not sure if this has been covered. I have about 300 movies however about a third, all very common movies, scrape no artwork, it scrapes description, etc, but no artwork at all. This is a new installation with the artwork stored via a mysql database. I have numerous TV shows where I use TVDB and that found everything, therefore I believe the problem is isolated to Universal Movie Scraper. Perhaps I need to add more plug ins.
I have also tried deleting all thumbnails and databases and rescanning with exactly the same result. Any assistance greatly appreciated.
Hello

I have just started using the Universal Movie Scraper it seems to be the best one so far!

I am wondering where do the actor images come from? IMDB or some other source ? Also the Parental Rating image in the top left hand corner where do these come from? That only started appearing after using this particular scraper.

Thanks

The actor images and the certification come either from IMDb or themoviedb.org, depending on your choice of settings.

The default is IMDb for both.
(2013-04-16, 17:02)scudlee Wrote: [ -> ]The actor images and the certification come either from IMDb or themoviedb.org, depending on your choice of settings.

The default is IMDb for both.

Thank you.

The other thing that seemed to start working after switching to Universal Movie Scraper (UMS) was trailers. Before trailers were not working in my XBMC, since adding some test movie titles with UMS I have an option now on those movies to play a trailer which works. Looking in the UMS settings its set to TheMovieDB.org for trailers.

Only issue is it says at the top of the screen: Trailer Available Press up to play, I am using the Aeon MQ4 skin which has a top menu, If I am in the movie library for example and accessing the Aeon MQ4 top menu, I would previously to exit out of this top menu press up. Now I don't know how to exit the menu without starting to play a trailer. But I guess that is a skin question.

Cheers
Hi, is there any way that I could make the scraper scrape posters for Movie Sets from themoviedb.org? As at the moment, it doesn't scrape the images, and the skin I use just chooses to show the first movie in the set's poster.
No, there's currently no way for a scraper to set Movie Set artwork.

This would require changes to core XBMC code.
Hello. Today I found a strange problem with scrapper: no fanart and plot for the Schutzengel (2012) movie. The scraper is configured to use IMDB like the first source, also IMDB is the search engine. Of course, all other sources is marked too, when it is possible (like get fanart from...). If I change search engine for themoviedb.org, I get everything, but the scrapper also start to refresh all database. I checked this movie on IMDB, there no fanart. But on themoviedb.org it is all information. Why universal movie scrapper didn't take missing fanart from themoviedb.org like configured? What I am doing wrong?
This is because the IMDb ID is incorrect on themoviedb.org. You can fix this yourself there.
(2013-04-21, 13:53)jackfifield Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, is there any way that I could make the scraper scrape posters for Movie Sets from themoviedb.org? As at the moment, it doesn't scrape the images, and the skin I use just chooses to show the first movie in the set's poster.

The best you can do for now is to manually download your movie set poster/fanart, then use Movie Set Artwork Automator to assign the local artwork to your sets (note: this add-on does NOT download the artwork for you, it just saves you the laborious task of manually assigning the correct local artwork to your movie sets).
(2013-04-21, 16:44)olympia Wrote: [ -> ]This is because the IMDb ID is incorrect on themoviedb.org. You can fix this yourself there.

Thank you for the answer. Unfortunately, there is a problem with editing this movie. I wrote to the forum.

I have a new problem – suddenly the scraper start to scan all database. Also, now it scans content of BluRay folders (BACKUP, 00001.m2ts, ...). What I am doing wrong?