Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Universal Movie Scraper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-11-07, 11:40)xymx Wrote: [ -> ]After watching a terrible movie recently with a plot preview that sounded good ("Cold Creek Manor") but was an utter waste of ... well anything - is it possible to display the Rotten Tomatoes assessment with the movie title or poster? That would save the time to check online if a recorded film is worth watching ... Confused
Thanks!

Yes. Different skins display different ratings info. Just find one that you like.
Hello, today I did some tests and I found an annoying problem.

I put the pictures below.

TEST 1

TEST 2

in the first test it does not work the scraper, in the second works.probably the same problem Tmdb scraper...
Yep, most Movies work fine, however it seems to have the same Problem as the TMDB Scraper. A few Movies are recognized wrong or not recognized at all. Birmdman and Alien are good Examples, they were tagged properly yesterday.
(2015-11-13, 19:41)D-m-x Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, most Movies work fine, however it seems to have the same Problem as the TMDB Scraper. A few Movies are recognized wrong or not recognized at all. Birmdman and Alien are good Examples, they were tagged properly yesterday.
The title of Birdman isn't just Birdman. Its "Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)". If you enter the full title, it will recognize it immediately
So, I tried this today while waiting for the "stock" TMDB scraper to be fixed. I love the features, but comparatively, it misses much more than the stock TMDB - even when I use TMDB as my choice of scraper.

I noted the above mentioned problems with "Alien" and "Aliens" where the stock TMDB is flawless for them. For me, I'd say this is 95% accurate where TMDB is close to 100%.

Also, apologies if this has already been requested in this 70 page thread, I tried searching, I didn't see it...

It'd be very handy if this had a secondary or failover option. If your movie can't be found using IMDB, then try TMDB. That might help fill in some accuracy issues.
(2015-11-14, 13:49)sanasani Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-13, 19:41)D-m-x Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, most Movies work fine, however it seems to have the same Problem as the TMDB Scraper. A few Movies are recognized wrong or not recognized at all. Birmdman and Alien are good Examples, they were tagged properly yesterday.
The title of Birdman isn't just Birdman. Its "Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)". If you enter the full title, it will recognize it immediately
Yep I know, but this addon also suffered from the TMDB Problem. My Scraper updated this morning and everything is ok again. It instantly recognized Birdman and Alien, so you guys should not have any problems either Smile
Thanks btw. For updating the addon this fast
When I try to install Universal Movie Scraper (ver. 2.6.7) in Kodi (Helix), it doesn't install and I get the error: "Installation failed. Failed to install a dependency." or something like that. I've tried installing the scraper directly from the latest .zip file but still encountered the error. What 'dependency' do I need and how can I install it so that I can then install the scraper?
Dependencies are listed in addon.xml
(2015-11-16, 21:03)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Dependencies are listed in addon.xml
... and the error itself is in ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log.

I'm seeing the same error. The movieposterdb plugin is broken:

17:56:09 541730.187500 T:2489095200 ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 502 for http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/gotham/met...-2.6.7.zip
17:56:09 541730.187500 T:2489095200 ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[metadata.common.movieposterdb.com]: failed to download special://home/addons/packages/metadata.common.movieposterdb.com-1.1.2.zip
17:56:09 541730.250000 T:2489095200 ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[metadata.universal]: failed to install dependency metadata.common.movieposterdb.com

Update: this error doesn't happen if the MoviePosterDB.com addon is accessed manually from an IP in the US, and this seems to be the case for a few of the hosts behind mirrors.kodi.tv. If I had to guess, I'd say that some mirrors are down but the "mirrors.kodi.tv" load-balancer still has them marked as up, or they're configured to reject connections from Asian IP ranges.

The folks responsible for that plugin might want to have a few words with the people that run their webserver. This is broken on the repo side, not on client side.
(2015-11-23, 10:58)wileyc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-16, 21:03)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Dependencies are listed in addon.xml
... and the error itself is in ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log.

I'm seeing the same error. The movieposterdb plugin is broken:

17:56:09 541730.187500 T:2489095200 ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 502 for http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/gotham/met...-2.6.7.zip
17:56:09 541730.187500 T:2489095200 ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[metadata.common.movieposterdb.com]: failed to download special://home/addons/packages/metadata.common.movieposterdb.com-1.1.2.zip
17:56:09 541730.250000 T:2489095200 ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[metadata.universal]: failed to install dependency metadata.common.movieposterdb.com

Update: this error doesn't happen if the MoviePosterDB.com addon is accessed manually from an IP in the US, and this seems to be the case for a few of the hosts behind mirrors.kodi.tv. If I had to guess, I'd say that some mirrors are down but the "mirrors.kodi.tv" load-balancer still has them marked as up, or they're configured to reject connections from Asian IP ranges.

The folks responsible for that plugin might want to have a few words with the people that run their webserver. This is broken on the repo side, not on client side.

Thanks for the details!
(2015-11-23, 16:08)levelt8t Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the details!

No worries. Until the sysadmins fix their 502 issues on the nginx backend servers, you can grab the dependencies from http://ftp.df.lth.se/pub/xbmc/addons/gotham/${PLUGIN}, where ${PLUGIN} were (for me) each of:

metadata.common.movieposterdb.com
metadata.common.ofdb.de
metadata.common.port.hu
metadata.common.rt.com

(currently unemployed sysadmin, very familiar with troubleshooting this sort of thing)
(2015-11-24, 03:25)wileyc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-23, 16:08)levelt8t Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the details!

No worries. Until the sysadmins fix their 502 issues on the nginx backend servers, you can grab the dependencies from http://ftp.df.lth.se/pub/xbmc/addons/gotham/${PLUGIN}, where ${PLUGIN} were (for me) each of:

metadata.common.movieposterdb.com
metadata.common.ofdb.de
metadata.common.port.hu
metadata.common.rt.com

(currently unemployed sysadmin, very familiar with troubleshooting this sort of thing)

Thanks for this I was able to get it working! However, when I choose Rotten Tomatoes as the source for movie plots and ratings (the reason I am using Universal Movie Scraper), nothing shows up. Is Rotten Tomatoes not working with this scraper?
ENOCLUE, sorry, I don't use the RT scraper.

What you could do is this:

* get everything ready to scrape RT on the GUI side (go to the right place in kodi, get ready to hit the enter button, etc),
* execute "tail -f .kodi/temp/kodi.log" in that login shell you opened to your kodi box,
* scrape RT,
* post the spew from the kodi log you're tailling in the login shell

I don't know where you'd post that spew, though. This apparently isn't the right forum, as I notice that a) the "super moderator" didn't ask you for the kodi log for your error case and b) the 502 errors from nginx are *still* happening when I test, indicating that nothing has been done.

Maybe just post it here for sympathy points, maybe it's something obvious.
Hi guys

The universal movie scraper stopped scraping IMDb Top 250 info for my movies. Is that normal?

I noticed it when I reloaded some movie information, and the Top 250 icon didn't show up anymore. (The skin supports Top 250 icons for those movies.) The rest of the movie information is scraped correctly from IMDb. I'm bypassing the problem by using this add-on: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=167754 . After I run that, the Top 250 info is back. But I'm guessing this is either a bug in the scraper, or something the API now forbids?

(Using Windows 10, Isengard.)
(2015-11-26, 12:02)willemd Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys

The universal movie scraper stopped scraping IMDb Top 250 info for my movies. Is that normal?

I noticed it when I reloaded some movie information, and the Top 250 icon didn't show up anymore. (The skin supports Top 250 icons for those movies.) The rest of the movie information is scraped correctly from IMDb. I'm bypassing the problem by using this add-on: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=167754 . After I run that, the Top 250 info is back. But I'm guessing this is either a bug in the scraper, or something the API now forbids?

(Using Windows 10, Isengard.)

No, not normal. Going to be addressed very soon.