Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Universal Movie Scraper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-12-12, 23:00)Jay Lucky Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-12, 12:39)olympia Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the log!
This doesn't seem to be a scraper issue actually (PCRE: Match limit reached).

I cannot reproduce the issue on Linux and Windows (No OSX here). Are you Jay Lucky and neurosis13 also on OSX?

Not on OSX, I'm on OpenELEC 6.0.0, Kodi 15.2 Git:02e7013. What can I provide to assist? It only started with the update to the scraper.

Not a full debug log what you provided. Which platform are you on?
(2015-12-12, 19:22)neurosis13 Wrote: [ -> ]

I cannot reproduce the issue on Linux and Windows (No OSX here). Are you Jay Lucky and neurosis13 also on OSX?

Hi Olympia,

yes i am on OS X, it could be that this occurred after i installed the latest os x update (10.11.2)

but i am not sure at all.

Here is a screenshot of what i get after scraping, i noticed that the field Country/original title get's filled with the german Name of the movie which is wrong, normally there should be the country name.

when i switch the scraper to the movie.db then it get's the country right but also without rating/votes

Very weird, could you please provide:
- full debug of such a scraping? I mean tmdb scraper set to imdb rating?
- raw html source of the imdb page of a movie in question?
(2015-12-13, 01:04)olympia Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-12, 23:00)Jay Lucky Wrote: [ -> ]

Not on OSX, I'm on OpenELEC 6.0.0, Kodi 15.2 Git:02e7013. What can I provide to assist? It only started with the update to the scraper.

You quoted it above Wink
(2015-12-13, 01:08)olympia Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-12, 19:22)neurosis13 Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi Olympia,

yes i am on OS X, it could be that this occurred after i installed the latest os x update (10.11.2)

but i am not sure at all.

Here is a screenshot of what i get after scraping, i noticed that the field Country/original title get's filled with the german Name of the movie which is wrong, normally there should be the country name.

when i switch the scraper to the movie.db then it get's the country right but also without rating/votes

Very weird, could you please provide:
- full debug of such a scraping? I mean tmdb scraper set to imdb rating?
- raw html source of the imdb page of a movie in question?

here is the log with tmdbs scraper:

http://pastebin.com/BLsE8pmD

do you want the universal movie scraper too?

it's with every movie, i tried at least 7-8 different ones.
(2015-12-13, 01:35)Jay Lucky Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-13, 01:04)olympia Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-12, 23:00)Jay Lucky Wrote: [ -> ]Not on OSX, I'm on OpenELEC 6.0.0, Kodi 15.2 Git:02e7013. What can I provide to assist? It only started with the update to the scraper.

You quoted it above Wink

Not funny as it is not a FULL debug log! I continue with neurosis13 if you don't mind.
Maybe is something on the path/naming of the movie file. Olympia have you tried to test it using the exact folder name/filename from our debug logs ?
(2015-12-13, 13:48)great_vc Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe is something on the path/naming of the movie file. Olympia have you tried to test it using the exact folder name/filename from our debug logs ?

No, nothing to do with that! ...and that's 100% sure.
I sent something to neurosis13 to test, waiting for his feedback.
(2015-12-13, 15:14)olympia Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-13, 13:48)great_vc Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe is something on the path/naming of the movie file. Olympia have you tried to test it using the exact folder name/filename from our debug logs ?

i applied your fix and it worked.

for the people who don't want to wait for the automatic update:

change line 25 in imdb.xml in the metadata.common.imdb.com folder to the following :

Code:
                <expression>&lt;span\sitemprop=&quot;ratingValue&quot;&gt;([0-9.]+).*?ratingCount&quot;&gt;([0-9,]+)&lt;</expression>

Make sure you update the one in the userdata folder, not the one shipped originally with Kodi.

thank you very much olympia for your fast support and fix.

have a nice sunday everyone Rofl
(2015-12-13, 19:43)neurosis13 Wrote: [ -> ]

change line 25 in imdb.xml in the metadata.common.imdb.com folder to the following :

Code:
                <expression>&lt;span\sitemprop=&quot;ratingValue&quot;&gt;([0-9.]+).*?ratingCount&quot;&gt;([0-9,]+)&lt;</expression>

Make sure you update the one in the userdata folder, not the one shipped originally with Kodi.

I can confirm this fixed the issue for me on OpenELEC 6.0.0, Kodi 15.2 Git:02e7013 however I had to update /storage/.kodi/addons/metadata.common.imdb.com/imdb.xml

Thanks for sharing!

Code:

@neurosis13, please don't distribute fixes without asking and/or permission. I sent it specifically to YOU! If I wanted public testing, then I would've shared it here!
(2015-12-13, 20:21)olympia Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-13, 15:14)olympia Wrote: [ -> ]No, nothing to do with that! ...and that's 100% sure.

Code:

@neurosis13, please don't distribute fixes without asking and/or permission. I sent it specifically to YOU! If I wanted public testing, then I would've shared it here!

i thought this already, sorry, i will remember it for the next time.

thanks again.
(2015-12-13, 20:35)neurosis13 Wrote: [ -> ]i thought this already, sorry, i will remember it for the next time.

thanks again.

OK, apologies accepted. No worries and thanks for testing! Fix already applied and pushed to the repo and the scraper should auto-update within 1 day.
I've been having this problem too on my Openelec platform, and after editing line 25 to the snippet provided, it fixed the rating issue perfectly. But UMS also hasn't been getting the plot outline from IMDB, and that snippet didnt fix that. The plot outline issue cropped up at the same time as the rating one did, so I'm positive they're related.

Any ideas why this isn't working Olympia?
(2015-12-13, 22:34)GStacks13 Wrote: [ -> ]I've been having this problem too on my Openelec platform, and after editing line 25 to the snippet provided, it fixed the rating issue perfectly. But UMS also hasn't been getting the plot outline from IMDB, and that snippet didnt fix that. The plot outline issue cropped up at the same time as the rating one did, so I'm positive they're related.

now that you are mentioning it i think i am experiencing the same issue.

And that original title/country bug is still around.
(2015-12-13, 22:34)GStacks13 Wrote: [ -> ]I've been having this problem too on my Openelec platform, and after editing line 25 to the snippet provided, it fixed the rating issue perfectly. But UMS also hasn't been getting the plot outline from IMDB, and that snippet didnt fix that. The plot outline issue cropped up at the same time as the rating one did, so I'm positive they're related.

(2015-12-13, 22:58)neurosis13 Wrote: [ -> ]

now that you are mentioning it i think i am experiencing the same issue.

And that original title/country bug is still around.

Trying to address the imdb outline issue in common.imdb.com scraper v2.8.2.

I have no idea about that original title/country bug and that's a very vague/wrong definition. There might be a bug, but not as you think I believe. Just because your skin of choice is showing the original title (when available) prior to country, doesn't mean the country info gets incorrectly scraped.

Anyhow, I can't reproduce this. A debug log might help a bit, but the whole title thing on IMDb is pure madness.