Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Universal Movie Scraper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@olympia - I have a request. When I am in the Info Dialog in Aeon Nox, I can read the Plot Summary. But I want to read the Plot Outline instead of the Summary. Can you please make an update on this?
Universal Movie Scrape 2.8.1 Dependencies not met on gotham 13.2?
How to solve this issue?
Hello all…
Despite my best efforts I can’t display IMDB or Rotten Tomatoes ratings for my movies collection.
Only TheMovieDB ratings.
I followed this tutorial (nice) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSOiPvScPyI.

I have done this same configuration twice after having delete the source, then adding it and reindexing the DB, but no way.
It's still the TheMovieDB ratings.

An idea how to fix this issue?
Hi Olympia,

Thank you very much for this scraper, so complete and thorough!

Just one questions: is it possible to extract the IMDb movie id (e.g., tt0081505) from the filename (e.g., "Shining.tt0081505.mkv") and use that for an exact search?

I tried to look into the architecture of media scrapers and the source of universal.xml, but couldn't come up with a good solution.

Thank you in advance!
Hello, can someone explain how to use this?
(2016-04-10, 09:10)devilish2o Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, can someone explain how to use this?

The easiest way is to configure settings in UMS to be used as default. When you add local video sources to your Kodi database and select UMS as the scraper, it will use those default settings. If you want to use different settings for each local video source, you will need to configure those settings when you select UMS as the scraper.
Quick question...I am on Frodo 12.1 and no matter what I try I get "dependencies not met" error. So, although I can't install this add-on, I was able to install Media Passion's scaper, but I can't understand what I'm expected to do...I have registered but haven't paid any money. I don't mind paying if it works, since that seems to be my only option right now, but would like some kind of confirmation that I'm understanding the Media Passion plug in correction. Its a scraper, like UMS, but I have to pay for the data?
(2016-04-16, 00:50)Jwbohrer Wrote: [ -> ]Quick question...I am on Frodo 12.1 and no matter what I try I get "dependencies not met" error. So, although I can't install this add-on, I was able to install Media Passion's scaper, but I can't understand what I'm expected to do...I have registered but haven't paid any money. I don't mind paying if it works, since that seems to be my only option right now, but would like some kind of confirmation that I'm understanding the Media Passion plug in correction. Its a scraper, like UMS, but I have to pay for the data?

This thread is for UMS. The scraper you are using is not supported in these forums at all. Personally, I wouldn't pay for something you can get for free.
If I could avoid doing that, I certainly would. But 1), I can't find UMS in any repository and 2), when I try to install it from a zip file it comes back as dependencies not met.

Would it be best if I started a new post in this thread or a new thread?
UMS is in the official repo installed with Kodi.
(2016-04-18, 04:21)Jwbohrer Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be best if I started a new post in this thread or a new thread?
If you don't want to use UMS you should seek assistance from the author of the scraper you are using.
I have a nfo file into individual folders with movies but did not catch me information of those with accent in the title. To find that I have to give you that you have not found and give me info and then if looking good information . I get the impression that somehow not looking first to the nfo files I have in the folders.

This is my nfo file:

<movie>
<id>tt0052561</id>
<title>Anatomía de un asesinato</title>
<year>1959</year>
</movie>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052561

How can I solve that?
Thanks in advance
(2016-04-26, 15:22)judocama Wrote: [ -> ]I have a nfo file into individual folders with movies but did not catch me information of those with accent in the title. To find that I have to give you that you have not found and give me info and then if looking good information . I get the impression that somehow not looking first to the nfo files I have in the folders.

This is my nfo file:

<movie>
<id>tt0052561</id>
<year>1959</year>
</movie>

How can I solve that?
Thanks in advance

The content of the nfo file is proper. My guess is that there is probably something wrong with the file itself.

Is the file utf-8?

Does the file name exactly match the file name for the movie?
Example-
Anatomía de un asesinato (1959).mkv
Anatomía de un asesinato (1959).nfo
(2012-04-24, 15:15)olympia Wrote: [ -> ]I was playing around with this for a while now and am about to release a new scraper, called 'Universal Scraper'.

Features:
  • Currently it supports 3 sites: IMDb, TMDb, Trakt.tv and Rotten Tomatoes
  • You can select for almost (if not all) major fields on a per field basis that from which of the above site you want the info for this particular field

Grab it from the Team-XBMC official addon repository.

I had some questions/suggestions:
1) I would like it if there could be an option like "look at all text-based documents (same folder as video and deeper folders) and prefer that imdb-title if you found one"
I had many movies in folders with a nfo file together with the movie file but I can not say prefer them.
2) I named my backups by my own in a special way. I use folder with release-sentence method like: Name.of.the.Movie.Year.Language.Source.Audioquality.Videoquality.Medium.Codec-By-My-Own .
I would be so nice if your scaper could regognize that. It's allways the same structure. If the add-on can throw some word by a list (Source, Audioquality, Videoquality, Medium, Codec, -,By-My-Own) in the settings and replace all dots with spaces hey could the info to find the right movie. That is a big big wish, I had a long time...
3) Did you ever try to use google'ing the file names to find the right imdb title? If I do that manually with movies wich are scrapted wrong, I had terrible nice results! I just google "full-file-name.mkv" imdb .
Then I search within the google-result page for "/tt" and find the imdb title number or a link. In combination with 1 & 2 this could be a really check if the imdb title the script found is really the right one.
4) Every file has it's own id. Is there no chance to find a place where we can upload and md5/sha1 hashes and combine them with imdb titles? So when I lost my db or kodi-config I can just search on that "service" for my hashes?

THX for your work. I write my ideas here, because your scraper ist called "Universal Movie Scraper"... Smile

Hope to hear from you.

Greetings by HushPeter
(2016-04-26, 15:50)wgstarks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-26, 15:22)judocama Wrote: [ -> ]I have a nfo file into individual folders with movies but did not catch me information of those with accent in the title. To find that I have to give you that you have not found and give me info and then if looking good information . I get the impression that somehow not looking first to the nfo files I have in the folders.

This is my nfo file:

<movie>
<id>tt0052561</id>
<year>1959</year>
</movie>

How can I solve that?
Thanks in advance

The content of the nfo file is proper. My guess is that there is probably something wrong with the file itself.

Is the file utf-8?

Does the file name exactly match the file name for the movie?
Example-
Anatomía de un asesinato (1959).mkv
Anatomía de un asesinato (1959).nfo

I have them in this way:

<movie>
<id>tt0052561</id>
<year>1959</year>
</movie>

Name of tex: Anatomía de un asesinato (1959).nfo
Title of file: Anatomía de un asesinato (1959).Bluray.iso

Txt and encoded in utf -8. I have them appointed with the title of the movie only because I have all stuck in directories so as put in the manual can be called whatever only have the extension nfo.
I understand that should catch them without problems, I think the problem is given by the accent.