Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Universal Movie Scraper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-04-27, 21:55)judocama Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-26, 15:50)wgstarks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-26, 15:22)judocama Wrote: [ -> ]I have a nfo file into individual folders with movies but did not catch me information of those with accent in the title. To find that I have to give you that you have not found and give me info and then if looking good information . I get the impression that somehow not looking first to the nfo files I have in the folders.

This is my nfo file:

<movie>
<id>tt0052561</id>
<title>Anatomía de un asesinato</title>
<year>1959</year>
</movie>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052561

How can I solve that?
Thanks in advance

The content of the nfo file is proper. My guess is that there is probably something wrong with the file itself.

Is the file utf-8?

Does the file name exactly match the file name for the movie?
Example-
Anatomía de un asesinato (1959).mkv
Anatomía de un asesinato (1959).nfo

I have them in this way:

<movie>
<id>tt0052561</id>
<year>1959</year>
</movie>

Name of tex: Anatomía de un asesinato (1959).nfo
Title of file: Anatomía de un asesinato (1959).Bluray.iso

Txt and encoded in utf -8. I have them appointed with the title of the movie only because I have all stuck in directories so as put in the manual can be called whatever only have the extension nfo.
I understand that should catch them without problems, I think the problem is given by the accent.
I don't use iso files so this is sort of a guess, but I can see the file name is wrong for the nfo file. I think it should be-
Anatomía de un asesinato (1959).Bluray.nfo
The name of the nfo file must match the name of the movie file. Everything except the extension. Otherwise the nfo file is ignored. After you change the file name you will need to refresh the movie listing.
(2016-04-27, 22:16)wgstarks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-27, 21:55)judocama Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-26, 15:50)wgstarks Wrote: [ -> ]The content of the nfo file is proper. My guess is that there is probably something wrong with the file itself.

Is the file utf-8?

Does the file name exactly match the file name for the movie?
Example-
Anatomía de un asesinato (1959).mkv
Anatomía de un asesinato (1959).nfo

I have them in this way:

<movie>
<id>tt0052561</id>
<year>1959</year>
</movie>

Name of tex: Anatomía de un asesinato (1959).nfo
Title of file: Anatomía de un asesinato (1959).Bluray.iso

Txt and encoded in utf -8. I have them appointed with the title of the movie only because I have all stuck in directories so as put in the manual can be called whatever only have the extension nfo.
I understand that should catch them without problems, I think the problem is given by the accent.
I don't use iso files so this is sort of a guess, but I can see the file name is wrong for the nfo file. I think it should be-
Anatomía de un asesinato (1959).Bluray.nfo
The name of the nfo file must match the name of the movie file. Everything except the extension. Otherwise the nfo file is ignored. After you change the file name you will need to refresh the movie listing.

The nfo wiki for kodi say:

Create a text file with a text editor (e.g. notepad) with exactly the same name as the movie file (if all movies in one dir; in case each movie has its own folder, place the .nfo file there and the name does not matter)

According to the instructions say if they are in the same folder no matter what name only the extension must be nfo

Thanks in adavance
Possible Bug?

I noticed an odd thing the other evening: of my over 2000 movies all scraped using the Universal Movie Scraper (info from IMDB), not one of my movies that has John Cusack in them list him as an actor. Or to be more clear: after scraping, when I use Kodi to view the movie info while the movie is not playing and then look at the list of actors, John Cusack never appears in any movie he is in.

So is this a weird easter egg where the author just really dislikes John Cusack or is it something else?

BTW: Just to verify the behavior (or lack thereof), I completely re-installed Kodi, made sure there were no pre-existing NFOs and re-scraped the entire library. And I got the same results.
(2016-05-09, 20:42)adrian ballard Wrote: [ -> ]So is this a weird easter egg where the author just really dislikes John Cusack or is it something else?

LOL, no; I will try to look at this later the week...
I am new to Kodi and I've been playing around with this for quite a bit lately. Trying to get the Universal Scraper to work and I am having some difficulties. When I add video files source under videos I choose UPNP as my device and it adds the folder no issues. I then do not get anything to ask my about scraping my data. What am I doing wrong?
(2016-05-10, 10:23)olympia Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-09, 20:42)adrian ballard Wrote: [ -> ]So is this a weird easter egg where the author just really dislikes John Cusack or is it something else?

any update on this?
(2016-05-24, 16:40)adrian ballard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-10, 10:23)olympia Wrote: [ -> ]

any update on this?

I had a quick look a couple of weeks back and unfortunately there is no trivial fix. Since IMDb pages are not designed for scraping and the cast is especially very diverse in structure, it is a real beast to scrape. Lot's of conditions and variety... Don't expect a fix for this, especially not on the short term. Any real reason not to use themoviedb as a source for cast? They have better actor ordering and better photos as well.
There is a problem with scraping the age rating from IMDb for Germany before reunification.

Here is an example:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086837/parentalguide

If the rating was before 1990, it is filed under "West Germany". These ratings are still valid today, if there is no re-rating. IMDb also has "East Germany", but these ratings are no longer valid. Scraping the ratings from "West Germany" when there is no entry for "Germany" would be great Smile
Hi, I tried changing the ratings first to Rotten Tomatoes (which still doesn't work, at all) and then to Metacritic. With Metacritic, some movies get ratings but not all. I tried removing the source, cleaning the database, and then re-adding it but still many movies (~40%) doesn't have any rating, both old and brand new. When I search on Metacritic in my web browser I can find the ratings, so it's clearly there but doesn't get scraped into kodi. How come?
Rotten Tomatoes works for me without any hick.

I found an issue with Metacritic what has been fixed in imdb scraper library v2.8.6. Should auto-update in a day or so.
(2016-07-10, 09:50)olympia Wrote: [ -> ]Rotten Tomatoes works for me without any hick.

Really? Because I just tried it again and again nothing. I set everything to default except the ratings source. What settings are you using? Can't find any relevant error in the log file (~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log). Is there any debugging info?
Where TV Show Scrapers from IMBD I try use themovie.org and thetvbd.com and they are no good for some TV cartoon please have IMBD to support for TV Show Scraper. I noticed imbd is only available at Movie Scraper
There are films that aren't listed on any database, so the Universal Scrapper doesn't get them. There's, however, a scrapper that adds videos to the movie database by simply grabbing the filename and adding it as such. It's called "Stupid Scrapper". Is there any way for the Universal Scrapper to fall into the Stupid Scrapper, when a film is not found by TMDB, IMDB, nor RT? I really wish this could be done... maybe not on an official release, but if you could instruct me as to how to add the Stupid Scrapper to the Universal that would be fantastic. I may be underestimating the complexity of this, but it seems that all needed to be done would be something similar to to paste this somewhere into universal.xml, and add a line like "<import addon="metadata.movie.stupid-master.com" version="2.8.0"/>" in addon.xml... I'm just guessing here, but maybeHuh

I ask because, as I understand, there's no way to have multiple scrappers working on Kodi for the same source, and I think it's just stupid to have a separate folder for films that aren't recognized by the normal scrappers.
Did something changed or did i do something wrong?
Today i rescanned my library and suddenly my premiered date only has year instead of day/month/year.
I always used UMS and always with the same settings found here http://pastebin.com/xjjLgmdR

/edit
Using Krypton Alpha 2 btw
(2016-07-18, 22:56)schumi2004 Wrote: [ -> ]Did something changed or did i do something wrong?
Today i rescanned my library and suddenly my premiered date only has year instead of day/month/year.
I always used UMS and always with the same settings found here http://pastebin.com/xjjLgmdR

/edit
Using Krypton Alpha 2 btw

Probably due to this:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/9014

Maybe they missed to update some frontend? Are you using the official skin?