Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Universal Movie Scraper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-01-23, 13:00)mikebzh44 Wrote: [ -> ]And user won't have to edit code to change API key to grab artworks from Fanart.tv, like in Artwork Downloader, in the future ? 

What about API keys ?

This scraper won't have issues like Artwork Downloader, after what Martijn said ?

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid...pid2690920
We will see, but why this is so important that you need to ask twice? It is working now.
OK, so it's working now and we will see for the future.

I'm asking twice because we have a lot of users on our french forum that did not read english and had a lot of issues when Artwork Downloader stop to work. So now, if we told us to use this scraper to have an all-in-one addon, we don't want to be bother by issues when API keys will stop working Wink
We are unfortunately continuously having issues with nice guys stealing and abusing our API keys.

From the Universal Scraper point of view at the moment the worst thing I can imagine (...but again that's the worst case), that users will need to register a personal API key and enter it in settings. Same way as it is today for OMDB API keys.
I appreciate that this would cause difficulties for many (maybe majority?) of the users, that's why we try and see how this way it will go.

...but I am almost sure at some point we can expect issues. Maybe we can handle it easily (as we did already for scrapers with scraper updates), maybe not.
(2018-01-23, 00:45)olympia Wrote: [ -> ]@iMak, the title issue should be solved with the upcoming UMS scraper update.

Edit: let me know if you still experience the issue.
I tried the latest version and it worked flawlessly. Thank you.
Hi,

Been using the Universal Scraper for a number of months now without any problem. 

However, recently neither poster nor fanart would appear for new movies, or existing movies I've attempted to refresh. After reading the posts here, I managed to get posters working by enabling the imdb option, which was disabled, but nothing I do can make fanart (I'm using that term for the background) appear. 

I've tried updating the scraper manually, but according to the options I'm given, I'm on the most recent version. This is reported as 2.9.2, but I'm sure I've seen mention on this forum version 2.9.9.

I'm running on a minix U1 with its own version of XMBC. I've performed a debug while attempting to refresh 'Free Fire (2016)', and this can be found here:

https://pastebin.com/d2GJQLMy

I'd be very grateful for any help.

Thank you
v2.9.2 is the correct version on Jarvis. I don't know anything about that own version, but for sure, you would need metadata.common.themoviedb.org v3.1.1 as well. This seems to be uninstalled based on your log?!
@olympia 

4 (four) isue for  version="5.1.3"

1. Missing language Strings (for all language) in settings for addon....( 5.1.2 have all strings in resources\language\English\)
2. Can write mine OMDB key, always back "Please Enter Your OMDB API Key".When I put key manual .....working.
3. filing log file with this
Code:
17:21:26.859 T:5896 WARNING: CAddonSettings[metadata.universal]: failed to load value "TomatoMeter" for setting tomato
17:21:26.863 T:5896 WARNING: CSettingsManager: unable to read value of setting "tomato"
4. Repeating this Isue with same resultats for Rating  IMDB-TMDB-TVDB see image (TMDB is def for rating 6,7)
$INFO[ListItem.Rating(imdb) $INFO[ListItem.Rating(themoviedb)]   always is same (default values set in addon settings).
For tvshow is worst...there have both values populated from TVDB.

Thank you for the feedback!

1. Fixed in v5.1.4
2. That's unfortunately due to issues/ bugs in Kodi core, introduced with new addons settings system. Still to be fixed on the core side. If you enable RT outline in plot settings, you can enter the OMDB API key there on the GUI and this will be used, even if on the ratings tab use still see "please enter your omdb api key".
3. I can't reproduce this
4. You need to use $INFO[ListItem.Ratings(imdb), not $INFO[ListItem.Rating(imdb)

Edit: to clarify to all others, the settings issue is Leia only, stable Kodi versions are not affected!
I'm using Kodi Leia, using UMS as scraper for movies, but I only see the poster is downloaded, all other arts (clearart/discart, etc.) are not.
(2018-02-03, 00:19)xodi Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using Kodi Leia, using UMS as scraper for movies, but I only see the poster is downloaded, all other arts (clearart/discart, etc.) are not.
 too bad for you...
Hi Olympia,

Thanks for the reply.

The movie database is shown as enabled in add-ons, though since you drew my attention to it, I notice it reports version 673.9.0. When I select update, the latest version available is 4.1.2. Following update to 4.1.2, the movie database still reports 673.9.0. Would this indicate a problem?
Hello CAnder

(2018-02-03, 00:45)CAnder Wrote: [ -> ]I notice it reports version 673.9.0.
That scraper version is not an official Kodi add-on. If memory serves me right, I think that is the scraper used on the Minix fork. You will need to contact their help forum for assistance.

Of course you are welcome to install the official version of Kodi on your equipment.
Hi Karellen,

Thanks for the reply. When I check the movie database in my add-ons, it shows the odd version number. If I look at all repository add-ons, the movie database is listed there as enabled, only it shows version as 4.1.2. Don't know what to make of that, and deleting either is not an option. May have to speak to Minix.

Thanks for your help.
I chose to use IMDB US/International title in the scrapter settings, but I still got the "Chui lung" which is the original title for http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6015328/, the "World-wide (English title)    Chasing the Dragon" should be the right one.