Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No Sound via HDMI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Folks,

I am writting here because I found no adequadte forum for my issue although I run XBMC on PpenELEC.

Hardware: Zotac AD05

My problem is that I do not recieve 5.1 sound via HDMI. If the file is a dedicated 5.1 file my reciever gets only stereo (no dolby), if i switch to 2.0 dolby everything works fine.
My reciever supports AC3 and DTS both options are enabled.
The Output device is the HDMI device.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Thanks a lot but I have a ATI Radeon 6300 card and the second issue is that i can not connect to xmbc via ssh (by using putty)
Well, for your audio issue, the core concepts should be the same. Pulse is broken so it should be disabled, use Alsa and make sure you know your card/device numbers, then add it to a custom output in audio settings. As for your SSH issue I'm not sure where to start you. Have you seen this already? http://openelec.tv/forum/12-guides-tips-...n-openelec
Thanks for the link I have read through it already but it starts with the fact that putty can not connect so every further step is theory.

I am already thinking about switching to XBMXubuntu
Yeah, I've never used OpenELEC, is there no way to open a terminal window locally?
as far as I see there is no way to do so. but it boots so fast