Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Remove lag harmony remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i jsut got my harmony remote with mac mini, using plex device on harmony one remote.

One thing i noticed the time it takes for me to press down or exit or back, i takes like 0.3 seconds for it to register or something. Not really a issue when doing short commands, but if i press it many times the screen doesnt keep up.

Anyone know why this is, input device is set to harmony remote inside xbmc

Nvm i got it fixed

However im having two problems

1. Changing volume on the remote doesnt do anything inside xbmc (mute works)

2. How do you power on/off the mac mini using the remote, do u use powertgl or?

The weird thing is that i can change volumes when im just in the menus of xbmc, but when im in a movie, nothing happens when i press volume up/down
Care to tell us how you solved the lag issue?
http://wiki.plexapp.com/index.php/Harmony_Support

Just did that, now its super quick and responsive

at step 4
Late reply but I'm having trouble with the same thing....

Firstly, I had trouble getting to that link but found what I assume is the same information here:

https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/4...ggish-atm/

Secondly, I couldn't really work out what it meant... It gives (What seems to be) a lot of conflicting commands:

Quote:Here's the data:

Apple remote: 157-200 ms
Harmony (1 retries, 0 ms inter-key delay): 176 ms (not reliable at all)
Harmony (1 retries, 100 ms inter-key delay): 272 ms (reliable)

So what does that mean? Is it saying to use the Apple Remote or the Harmony? And I get how to change the 'retries' and the 'inter-key delay' but what's the last time measurement (like 176 ms, 272 ms etc?)

Thirdly, after telling me to do all that, it goes on to say something else:

Quote:And here's the secret:

Set the inter-key delay to 100ms.
Click on Troubleshoot" for the Plex device
"See more options"
"Plex doesn't appear to receive every command correctly"
"The device responds too much to some commands"
Set the retry count to 1 instead of 3.
Click "Yes" when it asks if you'd like to update the remote now (if not, it won't save it).

Unfortunately this 'guide' is now out of date because the Harmony software has changed, but I can almost work out what the steps are to achieve the same thing in the new software. Still, with my Harmony set to 100 ms inter-key delay and a retry count of 1, it's still laggy as f*ck.

Any more suggestions??