Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zotag Mag HD ND01 No Audio / Distortion HELP PLEASE!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First off I just wanted to let you know that I am having this issue running OPENELEC and I do have a thread open in their support forum. It doesn't seem like I am getting any replies so I am looking here for help.

Here is the breakdown:

With XBMCbuntu installed, I will only get HDMI audio when I go to terminal (CTRL + ALT + F1) and type alsamixer. Once it has ran and I closed it, I go back to XBMCbuntu (CTRL + ALT + F7) and I now have HDMI audio.

When making the jump to OPENELEC I can not get any HDMI audio, the closest thing I have gotten is when I plug my headphones in I get audio but it is distored like its missing channels or something like that. Ex. When a song is being played I can hear the instrumentals very low and I can barely hear the vocals and they are very distored. I have tried all suggestions on their forum for this Zotag box so I am coming here for anyone with knowledge for me to try anything. Here is some logs I pulled from both XBMCbuntu and OPENELEC.

XBMCBuntu

.asoundrc - pastebin.com/Npk76FJe

alsa-base.conf - pastebin.com/6ZgJpJke

aplay -l and aplay -L - pastebin.com/SfBqV3ws

OPENELEC

asound.conf - http://pastebin.com/bCVPLXeZ

amixer - http://pastebin.com/sttMnrCG

IF YOU ARE NEEDING ANY MORE OUTPUTS PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

If you only get sound after messing with alsamixer, then something is muting the output when the system boots. You could make a script to run very late during the boot cycle and unmute the output.
If it works with alsamixer run
Code:
alsactl store
after you adjust the correct settings.

May or may not need sudo
Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies. OPENELEC does not have alasmixer in its build. I was just stating that in XBMCbuntu audio only works when I run alsamixer.

Anyway I have some new developments:

So after a long day out I finally came home and decided to turn the ZOTAC on...

I turned on the ZOTAC with the TV POWER OFF

waiting a good minute and then turned ON the TV

I noticed that my resolutions were not correct (overlaps the screen)

I go to use my keyboard to make sure I was indeed running OPENELEC since this resolution issue never occurred before.

To MY SURPRISE I hear MENU audio! I said to myself what the heck and I reboot the box.

Upon reboot resolution is fixed (NOT OVERLAPING) but no sound?

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE? IS IT POSSIBLE ITS MY DISPLAY?

Everytime I reboot the machine with the TV POWER OFF I get audio when I eventually turn it ON after it has fully booted
I'm not familiar with Openelec, but that sounds like an HDMI handshake issue. Try a different cable and display if possible.

If XBMCbuntu doesn't have the issue, then that would indicate a problem in Openelec.