Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Pool: how many terabyte did you have for Movies, tv series, audio?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hello i'm curious to know your Storage size! Do you make a backup of everything Too ?
I have 3 Tb But only 500 Gb for back up. So I back up my music, software, docs and photos. Not the movies. But i do have a lot of the original disks.
1x2TB and 1x1TB. Will add a 500gb once i get around to sending my lemon Seagate in for warranty replacement. If I need space, I burn to BD-25's or just delete it. I make space about once a month.. I'm pretty much always adding media. I currently have 17% free, altogether. I also ah ve a bout 200gb on my gaming desktop which is on the network.

That's 146 movies, 2055 TV episodes, 110 albums. And another 10% or each (or so) in stuff that is not found by XBMC scrapers.

Backups? not really. If i think i'll want to watch it in a years;' time, I usually do back it up to disc. Though sometimes i just delete it and grab it again in the future. I have generous internet and fellow media hogs for friends.

Uhh.. the new forums format doesnt; support polls?
I have 1 x 2TB for my movies 2 x 1TB for TV shows and a 500GB for other media such as, music and pictures. I back up my music and pictures on DVD's. I have in the works a back up system for all of my media of course when funds become available.
~18TB and I do have a backup.
My setup is a FreeBSD server running ZFSGuru to manage my zpools and services (like MySQL for XBMC, SickBeard, CouchPotato, etc). I have 10 X 2TB WD's in one zpool to hold apps, games, media (TV, Movies, eBooks, Music, etc), user files, and more. I have another pool of 4 X 1TB Hitachi drives for iSCSI volumes, download target for NZB's and torrents, and my recordings for Windows Media Center.
(2012-05-01, 16:47)TugboatBill Wrote: [ -> ]~18TB and I do have a backup.

you must have usenet..... Wink
My storage is as big as usenet is big.
I have 12TB.
+ 2TB of for use as backups for things like music, pics and docs.
So 14TB total, will be 12TB for Movies/Pics/Music/Docs.
Will be 12TB and then 4TB for backups soon Smile

I have a server rack at home, Missus hates it Big Grin
im currently only using an Internal 2TB WDEARS Tongue

i found myself to be more of a Net-Streamer then keeper Tongue
(2012-05-01, 18:09)Beer40oz Wrote: [ -> ]

Nope. Something better, and that's all I can say. Angel
3TB in my HTPC which has all my media on it... so far...

Building an unRAID server right now from an old computer and have 4x2TB (so far) to go into that once it's built
4 x 2TB in each of two ReadyNAS 1100's for everything (plus some personal stuff in encrypted containers), One backs up the other (rsync).

Thinking about adding a third out in Spain (Ebay is my friend) when the disk prices settle to save SWMBO carting portables and plugging them into the TV every time she visits her sister if the internet'll take the strain - should fix "offsite storage" as well Confused

Couch
(2012-05-01, 23:01)TugboatBill Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-01, 18:09)Beer40oz Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm intrigued.
(2012-05-02, 00:50)mdwexford Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-01, 23:01)TugboatBill Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-01, 18:09)Beer40oz Wrote: [ -> ]you must have usenet..... Wink

I'm intrigued.

I think it's just mean-spirited... I mean we're all friends here...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5