Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ASRock E350M1 XBMCbuntu no sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there!

I have an ASRock E350M1 with XBMCbuntu installed. Everything works just fine except for the audio! The E350M1 board is a dualcore E350 AMD platform wth a Realtek ALC892 chip.

I even tried to install a new ALSA driver (1.0.25-3), still doesnt work.
(http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1681577)

Could anyone help me with this?

What sound output do I have to choose in Eden for the plain stereo line out jack?

Thanks!
I have the same system and worsk just fine

I choose "HDA ATI SB IEC958-0 (ALSA)"

and the same unde pass trhough

Hope it works
Don't you have tearing issues with video playback?
In terminal:
Code:
alsamixer
and unmute all devices.
Then
Code:
aplay -l
find the device you wish to use, remember the value for "card" and "device".

Then change the settings in XBMC as follows:
Code:
Custom audio device: plughw:"card","device"
Custom passthrough device: plughw:"card","device"
With "card" and "device" set to the values you found with aplay -l.
Thanks for your replies! Frustrated as I was I tried OpenELEC with XBMC now and still no sound - but incredibly fast boot time - 20 seconds compared to 60 seconds for xbmcbuntu.

Then I found a hint about turning off HDMI output in the BIOS and it did the trick! So sound works now!

@gmls: I don't have any issues with video?! What do you mean flickering / jitters? Although I didn't extensively watch videos yet, still installing/configuring...
I have the same tearing issues. It's when you are watching a movie and then press the tab button so the overlay screen is shown. The movie in the background will be shaking all the way.
Anyone a solution for this problem?
I just installed xbmcbuntu on my e350m1 and get the video tearing issues. What can i do to help this?
Try changing your refresh rate to 29.97, that worked for me.