Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to Modify the standard List view?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I'm trying to see how to modify the standard "List" view (see screenshot below). However, I can't figure out where this list is placed in the xml files. Is this list hardcoded? Basically, I just want to add "duration" after the title track and maybe align it to the left instead of right.

screenshot015 par Borghor, sur Flickr

Thanks for any help!
What skin are you modifying there?
It's a modification of Shade. Wanted to make it compatible with Eden and now I feel like adding new stuff, etc... Smile
Set Debugging from false to true in addon.xml and go to the list view you should see the name.xml ...
thanks!

then, it's in MyMusicNav.xml, fixedlist "50". But strangely, can't find id="50" in MyMusicNav.xml, nor in ViewsMusicLibrary.xml
Look in the ViewsFileMode.xml.
Not there... tried all Include*.xml fileS... :/

SVN repo is here if that helps : http://code.google.com/p/shade-xbmc-eden/source/browse/
ok! found id="50" in DialogAlbumInfo.xml

Thanks guys, I'll see how I can add duration and chanhe the alignment.
(2012-05-03, 22:17)Balinus Wrote: [ -> ]Not there... tried all Include*.xml fileS... :/

SVN repo is here if that helps : http://code.google.com/p/shade-xbmc-eden/source/browse/
ok! found id="50" in DialogAlbumInfo.xml

Thanks guys, I'll see how I can add duration and chanhe the alignment.
Balinus,

No that is not it, what you want is "CommonRootView" include in the ViewsFileMode.xml. Take a look at the file from line 58
PHP Code:
<control type="fixedlist" id="50"
The id="50" is your view id.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

As a general advice - study your includes.xml

It will probably contain code that is (repeatedly) used in various windows with <include> function as well as other XML files (include file="..") with further code. You may want to organize them differently so it makes sense to you.
(2012-05-04, 04:03)wyrm Wrote: [ -> ]No that is not it, what you want is "CommonRootView" include in the ViewsFileMode.xml. Take a look at the file from line 58
PHP Code:
<control type="fixedlist" id="50"
The id="50" is your view id.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

oh great, that was it! Smile Thanks!

screenshot067 par Borghor, sur Flickr

(2012-05-04, 11:46)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]As a general advice - study your includes.xml

It will probably contain code that is (repeatedly) used in various windows with <include> function as well as other XML files (include file="..") with further code. You may want to organize them differently so it makes sense to you.

You wouldn't believe how much time I lost before I understood that a lot of things were "hidden" in the includes*.xml ! Smile

Thanks for the advice. I was beginning to think it might be a good idea to organise things differently. Especially the ViewsVideoLibrary.xml which contain 15 000 lines of code! I think I'll separate each view into a different file.
This might come in handy -

Debugging/skinning aid for any skin
Thanks! Debuggrid is nice to have! How often did I changed a position by "2" a a time and looked by eye the "level"! Smile