Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Showing all addons I have installed in a single list?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had to admit, with my current XBMC settings, even for someone who has been using XBMC for at last a month, it's still unnerving to navigate around the add-on menus.

For example, when I click on "Add-Ons" from the home screen, I see a list such as "Video Add-Ons", "Program Add-Ons", etc.. I want to go to Subtitles addon but I have to enter each of those one by one until I find it in "Program Add-Ons".

Is there a way to see all my installed add-ons at once without having to do all this navigating?
In the new XBMC Eden there is a search function... (off the top menu) navigating is old school. An issue, is that XBMC leaves you in the last page you visited.. confusing some, to get back to the top requires a few backspace key presses. A single list would be hundreds long..
(2012-05-05, 13:42)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]In the new XBMC Eden there is a search function... (off the top menu) navigating is old school. An issue, is that XBMC leaves you in the last page you visited.. confusing some, to get back to the top requires a few backspace key presses. A single list would be hundreds long..

Sorry, I'm not getting what you're saying. If you're talking about the search function off the very top of my screen, all it does is bring up input field. Not what I was looking for.

A list of all installed addons, flattened, is what I am looking for.
The search function is in the first screen, placement might be skin dependant. settings>add-ons

Here's the full list flattened in your browser.. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Cat...ll_add-ons
(2012-05-05, 15:19)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]The search function is in the first screen, placement might be skin dependant. settings>add-ons

Here's the full list flattened in your browser.. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Cat...ll_add-ons

I'm afraid you still do not quite get what I'm saying.

I find the search function you're referring to - the "Search" button shows up in Settings -> Add-Ons, but once again, it's not what I'm looking for. It just brings up input window, which is not what I want.

And just to clarify, I'm looking for a flattened list of *INSTALLED* add-ons, not what's available out there. I've pointed out "installed" in both my original post and my subsequent reply. Yet you seem to keep pointing me to a way to obtain full list of add-ons available out there, which is NOT what I am looking for.

There's a huge difference between "installed add-ons" and "available add-ons to install".

No need to get snappy. And no you can't have them in one list.
What you could do is mark them all as favourites that will show them in one list
(2012-05-05, 17:20)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]No need to get snappy. And no you can't have them in one list.
What you could do is mark them all as favourites that will show them in one list

That's the answer I was looking for - not possible, thanks!

May I ask what the reasoning is? Just not a priority (which I understand) or is there technical challenge in doing this?

I just thought there'd be easier way to keep tally on what is being installed on my XBMC machines - as opposed to the equivalent of having a bunch of boxes and looking into each of those one by one, some of those might be empty, others not (but with folders).
The main things you use are video,music,pictures and programs.
All others are more behind the scenes things you use.

Technical it is possible but i think no dev had any interest on doing it and rather focus on more important issues
(2012-05-05, 18:05)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]The main things you use are video,music,pictures and programs.
All others are more behind the scenes things you use.

Technical it is possible but i think no dev had any interest on doing it and rather focus on more important issues

Good enough for me, thanks.