Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Not enough space/memory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking to free some space in internal memory of atv2 i tried to delete the content of /private/var/cache/apt/archives via Filezilla but I came across a permission denied error.

Is this normal? Shouldn't I be able to delete those files? Aren't they backups?
(2012-05-08, 23:26)sprazzi Wrote: [ -> ]Looking to free some space in internal memory of atv2 i tried to delete the content of /private/var/cache/apt/archives via Filezilla but I came across a permission denied error.

Is this normal? Shouldn't I be able to delete those files? Aren't they backups?

FAQ http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...e.2Fmemory

Wink

Also check you are logged in as root.
That's exactly the link where I found the instructions to free up memory.
Successfully deleted (with root/alpine):
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/packages
/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/AppleTV/Video/LocalAndRental
/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/AppleTV/Video/Other

But got error on /private/var/cache/apt/archives/

...I'll try again this evening....
Thank you as ususal to find the time to reply to everything!!!
Thank you!!!
Didnt realise that folder location was on the wiki actually haha . Try logged in as root if its a permission error.
my bad...I was logged in as "mobile" LOL
thanks.
Hey, i'm trying to clear my cache, but i can't find the "video" folder using cyberduck, i tried show hidden files etc, no luck. using v11 eden

(2012-05-28, 00:36)FreeFighter Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, i'm trying to clear my cache, but i can't find the "video" folder using cyberduck, i tried show hidden files etc, no luck. using v11 eden

If you've never rented videos from iTunes store, that folder won't exist.
Should also be there from using Netflix/watching trailers/youtube I think as well.
I see, will try that then. Thanks
After clearing that, it still says on a couple movies watching cache is full. Going to the Video directory there's nothing newly added for cache. Any ideas where else it stores?
That cache is in the RAM, not on the disk. Use advanced settings to change <cachemembuffersize> to 0.
More often than not, the real problem is the server on the other side of the internet, and there's nothing that you can do on the ATV2/XBMC side.
OK, thanks guys
(2012-05-31, 01:00)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]More often than not, the real problem is the server on the other side of the internet, and there's nothing that you can do on the ATV2/XBMC side.

Is this a possible reason my XBMC logo is gone after updating to XBMChub? Because I can't figure anything else out.
(2012-10-16, 01:44)1080pete Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-31, 01:00)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]More often than not, the real problem is the server on the other side of the internet, and there's nothing that you can do on the ATV2/XBMC side.

Is this a possible reason my XBMC logo is gone after updating to XBMChub? Because I can't figure anything else out.

xbmchub.com is not affiliated with xbmc.org. If using their add-ons/wizards/whatever changes the stock XBMC look-and-feel and/or behavior, you should ask over there.