Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Looking for a tool..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good day all!

First off I'd love to say that I'm a new user of XBMC and I'm loving the program! It looks great and works fantastic! Obviously I'm still learning my way around XBMC and other tools to get my library smoothed out.

I've the following issue:

I've downloaded six seasons of desperate housewives. Unfortunately the format is 6 discs per season which contains Vob files. The folder looks like: /Desperate housewives/Season 01/Disc1/Video_Ts/, */Disc2/Video_TS etc.

So far I've converted 1 season to .MKV files with a tool found trough the forum here; Makemkv. Now I've got six discs (maps) which look like: /tv shows/desperate housewives/S01D01/title01.mkv S01D02/title02.mkv, etc.

First off: I can’t get above to work in the library which is pretty obvious since the naming is not according the “name rules” if I’ve read that correctly. To prevent doing all the converting and renaming manually I’d love to have some help and/or advice from more experienced people here on the forum! Is it possible to
1) Convert all discs with a couple of clicks (doesn’t matter if it is a different program, as long as the quality remains the same and the output is supported by XBMC.
2) Give the episodes the correct name in the process?

Google and the search function on this forum didn’t give answers to these questions..

Looking forward to your response since I'm about to pull my hair our
You could just rip the disks using makemkv, so you just produce 6 mkv's. They would be called title00.mkv, title01mkv.

Then you could rename them (as it's really not that hard and you'll be taking disks in and out of the machine anyway)

this might help though: http://www.therenamer.com/
Hi,

if I understand you correctly the problem with your files is, that you ripped a whole disc (containing multiple episodes) to a single file which you would like to scrape?

XBMC provides naming conventions for files like yours, this would work e.g.:

Desperate Housewives S01E01-02-03-04.mkv

You could additionally provide an info file which tells XBMC where each episode starts inside the file (see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...s/TV_shows, section Multi-part episodes)

I prefer creating single files for each episode, when ripping from DVD I use Handbrake, which can encode chapters into seperate files (you would have to choose encoding settings which give you good enough output quality)