Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: freeze after playing film for a while, ubuntu/revo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
latest ubuntu,xbmc,navi-x, Acer revo.

Freezes after variable time, sometimes long - may be when empty buffer causes a pause?
Sound stops shortly after screen freeze.
Always does it somewhere in a film, more often near start. Always have to reset machine.

CTRL-ALT-F1 blanks frozen screen, but does not get prompt or respond to key input.
Last time a subsequent CTRL_ALT_F7 restarted sound, but image screen still dead, and had to reset machine finally.

debug log in: -

xbmclogs.com/show_php?id=2443

posted by stuart191 on 10 May, 05:02:43 US time

(Is that how you reference it - I expected more info? I'll try again if wrong)

If you installed XBMCbuntu then if you look around in this forum Linux users have been having a lot of issues with the new Eden.
I used my existing standard Ubuntu desktop installation and added XBMC. The same (freeze on film after variable delay) symptoms occurred before I upgraded to Eden. I thought the symptoms were different enough to suggest a new thread - perhaps a bad judgment?

The system can also crash on mouse movement, when not playing video - this is less of a problem as I can use the keyboard to avoid it.
I can send a crash dump for that too if of interest.

The last crash I had showed text briefly on the HDMI output, but not the local screen, when I did CTRL-ALT-F1. I was able to log in (blindly) and do a reboot.

I think all freezes have happened when using the Navi-X program plug in. Perhaps that uses different python libs or ...?
No not at all. I assumed you meant XBMCbuntu.