Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: xbmcbuntu-11.0 suddenly jumps to main menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anybody had this happen before?

I have xbmcbuntu 11.0 running default confluence skin on my HTPC.
Problem is that whilst watching or listening to media or internet stream, XBMC will suddenly stop playing media and jump back to the main menu, as if I had just turned on the HTPC. This means I have to go through all the menus again to find and restart the item I was just play.

This happens randomly, without me pressing any buttons and several times already.
Seems to also happen when listening to radio streams after about 1 hour playback will suddenly stop and XBMC will reset back to main menu. Same as if I had just rebooted the pc. How to fix this annoying problem and stop this.

HTPC Specifications:
* HP Microserver N36L
* pci express x1 sound card (s/pdif optical audio out)
* GeForce GT520 pci express x16 video card (HDMI video out)
* HP usb IR receiver for MCE remote.

I have the same problem with my machine running Eden as well. Except none of my media plays at all anymore. It did start however after I installed some addons (like pandora/amazon instant video), but I have since disabled them and nothing has changed.

For me, I click on any type of media, the screen goes black for a quick second, I get a small black x (with white outline) in the middle of the screen, it then says XBMC Eden (like a splash screen) and I'm at the home screen again.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
I have the same problem you have blackbird, and I've found out in my case it's the audiomixer addon. After I change any settings in there, after a reboot the mixer crashes, and no media will play, be it sound/video. Have't found a resolution, so I'm going back to 10.1 :-(
I do remember fiddling with that thing a bit, that could very well be the cause of it. I also remember when I installed 10.1, I had to do a very convoluted thing to get the audio to work correctly because of my drivers. What's interesting though, is that everything worked fine until I messed with it. So maybe if I leave it alone, or maybe even disable/uninstall it all will be well? I'm reinstalling eden now, and will attempt this from the beginning. I'll report the results either way.

Here is that link to the audio thing I had to do, in case for some reason anyone else has issues with it:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...controller

*edit - typo
Well, the fresh install "fixed" whatever the issue was. I also uninstalled the audio mixer immediately and seemed to have no adverse effects. Also, my other addons like pandora and amazon all seem to work just fine.

I do however, have my original problem (that led me down the path to trying to fix it that created the above problem). My system still still sometimes freezes after I start playback. The audio starts playing normally, the "counter/timer" starts from 0:00:00 and is incrementing normally, however no visual pictures shows up (its still displaying the menu). After about 5 seconds, the system just freezes completely. However, during those 5 seconds I can still move the cursor around (and it beeps accordingly on a new item like it should), however I can't stop the playback or anything.