Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music Pump Kodi Remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-12-05, 23:35)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]Small update pushed to play store with a fix to make the remote work with XBMC Froyo Beta 2

Don't forget to rate the app if you like it

Laugh
Great app. One usability suggestion I would like is the ability to more easily jump between servers and some sort of pregnant indication of the server you are connected too. I'm all the time accidentally reconnecting to the wRONG server and starting music/videos on the wrong XBMC
Yes, that's a good point. It is especially annoying if you switch back to the app when it was in background and you don't really see to which server you are connected.
Great app! Finally works for my Raspberry Pi.

I have a feature request:
Can you please add the possibility to add USB drives automatically to the file browser when I plug in e.g. a USB thumb drive or external CD drive?

I'm asking this because I'm using Raspbmc and the Music Pump remote without any display, just with your Android remote.
I use the api call Files.GetSources to retrieve all sources. USB thumb drives or external CD drives don't seem to be returned by xbmc. So there is not much I can do about that.

But since you are using xbmc on a linux system all drives are generally mounted under /media or /mnt. Simply add /media or /mnt as a file source in xbmc and you should be able to see and browse your external drives which will be visible as directories as long as they get automounted when they are connected.
I have edited the sources.xml file and there added /media as music source.
Now I can access the files from the mounted usb drive... after a reboot of Raspbmc.

But it is not possible to queue the files from the external drive, only adding them to favourites is possible... and once I exit the app the favourites are gone... hmmm.

Do you think it is possible to fix this issue?

Thanks for the good work so far!
Tried the same thing myself on my raspberry pi. I can play/queue and add files to favourites without any problems from an external usb stick.

Files queued from file mode won't show up in the "now playing" list on the app because this is only for music files that are in the music library. (That queue is locally on your android device and not on xbmc)

"File Mode" was added later on and is mainly here to start playback of a single file or directory or to browse the addons. All files are queued in the video playqueue and there is currently no way to view that list from Music Pump.
The port conflicts seemed to be the problem with my interrupted play so all fixed now for xmas parties...yippee! Love this app.

Feature request: When you long press on a track you get the options to Play, Enqueue and Available Offline. Anyway we could have a Play Next? This would be really helpful when you have quite a long playlist and don't fancy dragging it all the way up Smile Also anyway that when you press Play it inserts the track after the currently playing track instead of adding it to the end of the playlist.

Don't know if these two are possible but I think they would defintely be improvements.

Merry Christmas!
The feature requests seem to be a good idea, will try to add it in one of the next releases

First let me thank you for this incredibly app. First time I really like to use my tablet as a remote instead of the old fashioned button thing.

I have a feature request, maybe it was already mentioned before, so sorry in advanced if i repeat an old feature request:

It would be totally awesome if you would be able to play music not only local or on a xbmc but also on other music pump devices. This way you could use old android devices hook them up to some speakers i.e. in the kitchen and use them to play and control music directly or remotely. I know that someone could achieve something similar by installing xbmc directly on the android device, but this way the feeling would be consistent for all android devices, also i think that a native android UI is still superior to the xbmc interface on android (might change in the future).

(it would be even more awesome if you would be able to sync the playback on two or more devices, resulting in some kind of multiroom audio system but i know how hard it is to achieve)

Greets
Just got the unlocked version...this app is the best Smile

Love the split screen on tablet...this would also be cool for playlist...album preview one side and playlist the other?
(2012-12-29, 18:11)Koshu Wrote: [ -> ]First let me thank you for this incredibly app. First time I really like to use my tablet as a remote instead of the old fashioned button thing.

I have a feature request, maybe it was already mentioned before, so sorry in advanced if i repeat an old feature request:

It would be totally awesome if you would be able to play music not only local or on a xbmc but also on other music pump devices. This way you could use old android devices hook them up to some speakers i.e. in the kitchen and use them to play and control music directly or remotely. I know that someone could achieve something similar by installing xbmc directly on the android device, but this way the feeling would be consistent for all android devices, also i think that a native android UI is still superior to the xbmc interface on android (might change in the future).

(it would be even more awesome if you would be able to sync the playback on two or more devices, resulting in some kind of multiroom audio system but i know how hard it is to achieve)

Greets

Hi, the first feature request is a bit complicated to achieve. It is exactly the thing that could be done using an upnp application. There are a couple of apps in the android market that should work pretty well.

You can also try to install xbmc and music pump on the same android device and try to control it using music pump. At the same time you can also connect from another android device. I haven't checked if this actually works.

Syncing playback between several xbmc devices should not be done in music pump but on xbmc itself using some plugins. Someone posted a link to XSqueeze in this thread. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:XSqueeze
(2012-12-29, 19:05)armyofme Wrote: [ -> ]Just got the unlocked version...this app is the best Smile

Love the split screen on tablet...this would also be cool for playlist...album preview one side and playlist the other?

Thanks for getting the unlocker ;-)
I am not sure if you mean something like this: A list of playlist on the left and on the right be able to swipe between playlist songs and playlist albums?
<playlists> | <playlist songs> <=> <playlist albums>
There is a new release on play store.

If you like the application and want to support further development don't hesitate to get the unlocker.
It contains some premium features:
- Download music files (was available during beta)
- "Play local files" section (was available during beta)
- New and improved music ui for tablets

All other functionality from the beta releases is available without restrictions

Here are some screenshots of the new music ui:

Sorry I didn't explain myself very well Confused

What I meant was, at the minute when you choose album view and then click an album, you can see the album view still on the left side and the track list of the album on the right side.

I think it would be cool if when you click playlist at the bottom that the playlist only appears on the left side of the screen and the album view on the right. So you can see your playlist while your looking at potentital tracks you might add.

By the way...think the new editions are amazing. It's lifted the app to another level, love it! I think the Artist Information should have a bit more space - half the screen? In the same way the Album information has.

Still think the Artists main screen would look better as an array of Artist thumbs in the same way as Album view, but understand this is probably simpler than it sounds! Thanks for all the good work Smile