Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music Pump Kodi Remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
surfing the internet I found this application that I feel great.

I have a question about how does "queue"

I can see the list of songs that I queue in the playlist, but when end a song does not play the next one, I mean, I have to select PLAY to play the next same.

I await your response

Best Rgs.

Derman

PD: sorry for my english. I'm from Argentina Wink
I don't know if you actually queue songs properly. Example: If you hit play on a song inside an album it will only queue and play that single song. It will not automatically queue all songs from that album. You have to add songs to the "queue" using the "+" button or using the play or queue buttons from the actionbar on top of the screen. You can access the queue by clicking on "now playing" in the left bottom corner.

Assuming you are actually adding songs to the queue you should double check if you have properly configured your system. See post 228 of this thread for more info. Most of the time people forget to enable some configuration option (usually it is Settings -> Services -> Remote control -> Allow programs on other systems to control xbmc) or have another program using tcp port 9090 which makes music stop after playing a song.
On the now playing list would it be possible to make the x area bigger, or provide a suitable gap between it and the play area? I find that more often than not trying to remove an item from the now playing list results in it being played instead.
I can try to put a larger transparent clickable area over the x button. That should fix your problem
(2013-06-24, 20:28)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if you actually queue songs properly. Example: If you hit play on a song inside an album it will only queue and play that single song. It will not automatically queue all songs from that album. You have to add songs to the "queue" using the "+" button or using the play or queue buttons from the actionbar on top of the screen. You can access the queue by clicking on "now playing" in the left bottom corner.

Assuming you are actually adding songs to the queue you should double check if you have properly configured your system. See post 228 of this thread for more info. Most of the time people forget to enable some configuration option (usually it is Settings -> Services -> Remote control -> Allow programs on other systems to control xbmc) or have another program using tcp port 9090 which makes music stop after playing a song.

Millencolin007,
thanks for responding.

reading the post 228 I fixed my problem.

Go on!!! It's the best app to remote control music ;-)

Best Rgs.
(2013-06-25, 22:29)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]I can try to put a larger transparent clickable area over the x button. That should fix your problem

Cool - I'll keep a look out for that one.

Should the PVR stuff work in Eden-PVR builds or is it only supported from Frodo? Doesn't find any TV channels on my Eden build (I really must upgrade!)
PVR json-rpc api has been introduced in Frodo so it won't work with Eden
Hey Millencolin007, I really like your program! It really is superb.

Does the stream add on work with ogg files (in which case I am doing something wrong) or is that functionality something that you plan to add for the future?

Thanks
I think that it depends on the android version you are using. The only thing I do is feed the url to the android mediaplayer framework. It it can handle the file format it will play it otherwise it will skip to the next song.

For movies it depends on the external player you are using

According to the android developer api reference OGG should be supported in android 4.0+
http://developer.android.com/guide/appen...rmats.html
@Millencolin007,
Is it feasible to add the following feature to Music Pump ?
1. Configure in Music Pump few XBMC clients and maybe some UPnP clients (like AV receivers) and have them checked as an output device.
2. Connect to one XBMC (so one database will be stored locally) and play through another output device.
3. Play through multiple devices (not good idea as no way to keep devices in sync).
Great app use it all the time.I like the fact you can stream your music to your device and I was wondering if there could be some way of steaming just the audio from video files . So you could use your android device as a wireless headphone . Thanks
(2013-06-30, 21:09)dhead Wrote: [ -> ]@Millencolin007,
Is it feasible to add the following feature to Music Pump ?
1. Configure in Music Pump few XBMC clients and maybe some UPnP clients (like AV receivers) and have them checked as an output device.
2. Connect to one XBMC (so one database will be stored locally) and play through another output device.
3. Play through multiple devices (not good idea as no way to keep devices in sync).

Such a feature (1 & 2) is probably feasible and the internal app structure is more or less prepared for things like that. I played around with some proof of concept some time ago but the main problem I encountered was to reliably distinguish the end of a song to play the next one. I guess I have to dig a bit more into the upnp protocol for that. Also the links to the files provided by the xbmc webserver did not support seeking, something that will work in the next xbmc version Gotham. Over time I may add this feature but I prefer to concentrate on more important things first

3) I think there are some addons which allow you to play through multiple devices in sync.

(2013-07-02, 00:10)linkinpark Wrote: [ -> ]Great app use it all the time.I like the fact you can stream your music to your device and I was wondering if there could be some way of steaming just the audio from video files . So you could use your android device as a wireless headphone . Thanks

Technically this is not really possible since I cannot request the audio part of the file and playing the video in parallel on the android device with audio in sync could be very tricky since I just pass the url to the file to an external android player which I cannot control
Thanks for the quick reply. Keep up the good work
Thanks Millencolin007 Smile
Love the potential of this app! I'm mostly trying to use this to stream music from my XBMC to my phone, but when refreshing the library I keep getting ECONNRESET after loading about 6000 songs, not sure what the issue is. Any suggestions?