Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music Pump Kodi Remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you swipe from the left border to the right from any screen you can open the "remote". The icons in the bar on top will change and give you the options you missing ;-)

I am not sure about PVR channel icons. Normally it is implemented but I am not sure if xbmc returns the icon in your case

You can paste following url in your webbrowser and see if xbmc returns a value for the thumbnail. If the thumbnail is empty xbmc is not sending the icon.

Code:
http://127.0.0.1:8080/jsonrpc?request={"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"PVR.GetChannels","params":{"channelgroupid":"alltv","properties":["channel","channeltype","hidden","lastplayed","locked","thumbnail"]}}

Replace 127.0.0.1 and 8080 with the IP address and Port number of xbmc
Ahhh...i was blind and now i can See those buttons :-) thank you!

Regarding the PVR icons:
Output Form the given request is in short
Code:
{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"channels":[{"channel":"Das Erste","channelid":1,"channeltype":"tv","hidden":false,"label":"Das Erste","lastplayed":"1970-01-01","locked":false,"thumbnail":""},
Seems linke thumbnails are not provided, right? Ideas how to fix?
Yes, it looks like no thumbnails are returned in the response from xbmc. I don't use a PVR setup myself at home and therefore don't really know how to configure thumbnails.
I don't know if you have to set the thumbnails in the pvr backend or on xbmc itself.
Hi Guys!
I've been using this great piece of software now for a while (latest Premium version of the app) and I have to add that it's one of the best buys I ever made from Google Play Store.
However, I've lately ran into an issue where (at least it seems like) after I need to refresh the database in the application it doesn't download the whole database correctly. It somehow get some songs wrong, so that if I for example tell my HTPC (running xbmcbuntu 12.2) to play song #5 of an album (let's call it album A)it instead started playing song #1, if I try playing song #8 it starts playing song #4 and song #14 gives me song #10 in my loudspeakers, so allways four track "lower" than what I actually ask for. This made me try song #2 which resulted in a song from the same artist but another album.
Trying another album (album B) from another artist and started song #12, but then I get song number 5 so all of a sudden I get chosen track -7 instead of -4.
This problem ONLY shows when I go through the "Artist"-sorting in the application. If I instead go through the sorting by "Songs" and play the same tracks everything works as expected and I get the song I asked for.
Worth mentioning is that I use a shared database setup using a mysql server and nfs for reaching the files. I'm not really sure if there's any log files or config files that are relevant to include, but please just ask if there's anything you need to see to be able to solve this little problem of mine!

Edit: Forgot to mention.. The HTPC allways shows the song playing correctly, so say from album A when I want song #9 song #5 plays through speakers AND is shown on screen correctly, so it's probably not a case of false information in the mysql database, at least not from my point of view, but I'd love to be wrong if it meant getting it to work! Smile

Once again thank you for an absolutely brilliant piece of software, I truly enjoy using my stereo with this setup. At least when I get the song I ask for ^^

Best regards
//AtreX
Sounds very strange.

I would first Update the Music Library in XBMC and then try to manually refresh the music database in the remote (long-press on reconnect from the homescreen) or maybe completely remove the xbmc server from the config and add it back. "Change xbmc server" -> Long Press on xbmc instance -> Remove

Another thing: Have you enabled the "use xbmc queue" option in the settings or not? Does the problem happen in both cases?

Also verify that you have enabled the two options under System -> Settings -> Services -> Remote Control on your xbmc server
(2013-07-22, 21:20)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds very strange.

I would first Update the Music Library in XBMC and then try to manually refresh the music database in the remote (long-press on reconnect from the homescreen) or maybe completely remove the xbmc server from the config and add it back. "Change xbmc server" -> Long Press on xbmc instance -> Remove

Another thing: Have you enabled the "use xbmc queue" option in the settings or not? Does the problem happen in both cases?

Also verify that you have enabled the two options under System -> Settings -> Services -> Remote Control on your xbmc server

Yo and thanks for a really quick respons!

To be entirely sure I dropped the database tables entirely and rescanned everything, I also removed the xbmc servers from the app.
When using the server que now it doesnt start playing any song, but it adds another song than the one I asked for (just like before) to the "now playing-que".
If I turn off using the server que it refuses to even read a single song from the server to the app database. Really strange..
I have enabled both the options in the remote control services menu that you reffer to Smile

Will look more into this tomorrow, unfortunately running out of time now!

//AtreX
@ Millencolin007:

Just a short question: do you have any plans to integrate youtube/youtube-plugin in this great app? Like searching/browsing for youtube-videos in the app and sending the link to XBMC?
I know, this can be done via the official YouTube-App from android, but it would be nice to have it all in one place Wink

XBMC Constellation for iOS is a good example for this.
This is already possible, you probably haven't discovered it yet ;-)

From the main screen in the app go to "Files tab" => "Video Addons" and select the youtube plugin (or any other plugin). You will be able to search and browse from your remote and play/queue files on xbmc

Tip: You can long-press on the search item and add it to the favorites. On the tablet you will see the favorites directly in the Files tab, on phones you have to select Favorites from the File tab. This way it is much quicker to do a youtube search
great!!! works fine, thank you!

and sorry for this stupid question...have to explore more before asking Wink

PS: I also found the reason why the PVR icons where not provided - XBMC was looking in the wrong folder for whatever reason, now it works in Music Pump ... shame on me Wink

PPS: I love your app, thank you so much Smile
Hi
Great app. One small question.
If I start a playlist from the app, then close the app or let the phone go out of wireless range, the playlist stops playing!
Is there a setting for this or is it a bug?

Regards

Lasse
I think you have to purchase the premium version of Music Pump, this will unlock the "Use Playlist in XBMC " (or something like that) feature in settings, which will play music regardless of your phone once the playlist was given to XBMC.
Yes there is an option in the unlocked version called "use xbmc queue". It will let you queue all files on xbmc instead of using a local queue on your android device.
(2013-07-29, 09:19)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes there is an option in the unlocked version called "use xbmc queue". It will let you queue all files on xbmc instead of using a local queue on your android device.

Thank you. Just got the unlocker. Will try tonite.

//Lasse
(2013-07-22, 21:20)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds very strange.

Right, after a few days of troubleshooting this is what happened:
I decided to try to use the windowsinstallation on the same hardware but got the same results as before at first (i.e.: I try playing say song #5 but the HTPC starts playing song #9 instead). Then I decided to try using the application on my cellphone (a Nexus 4) instead of using it on my tablet (a Nexus 7). It seems that somehow did the trick because after that everything just magically works like a charm, both on the windowsinstallation and the xbmcbuntu. I have absolutely NO idea why this would make it work, I have my beliefs that it's actually got nothing to do with it.. I'm moore on the idea that it might have been troublesome transitions of the database like others with similar setups have reported earlier in this thread.

I would like to take the moment to suggest two things:
First of all, implement some kind of error correction as you have suggested to make sure the database packets get transmitted properly.
Secondly there is a feature I would like to suggest. Not sure what you should call it, maybe an option of "grouping" XBMC-servers together. Servers in the same group uses the same MySQL-database and should therefore not have to be updated each and every one of them just because you added a new album to your music database, it should be enough with doing ONE database read again and all the XBMC-Servers in that group should then have it Smile Very prefferable if you, like I, have got one HTPC with more performance and then a few very weak ones, raspberry pies etc. Then we can just update from the cool HTPC (which takes about 3mins) only, instead of updating all of them (and the raspberrys takes about 8-10 minutes approx.). Would be highly appreciated, believe me!

Best regards and thanks once again for a wonderful application making everyday usage of my music library a joy!
I am enjoying this great app right now...I LOVE IT SOOO MUCH!!! Big Grin

Big thank you Millencolin007!!! works great, looks great!