Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music Pump Kodi Remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In that case try to clear the cache from the two apps "google play services" and "google play store". One of these services may be caching the license response.
I cleared the cache Form the apps and installs the APP again but its still the free version. In my playstore when i go all my apps the music pump xmbc remote is not marked as buyed like other apps i buy
Maybe you have configured more than one google account on your tablet.

If this is the case verify that you logged in with the correct user into the playstore app and reinstall the app under the correct account.
Or make the shared google account the primary account if it is not the case.

Hope this helps
It is the same account
Music Pump XBMC Remote 1.7.4 is available in the playstore:

Changes:
* Added support for pausing / resuming playback during calls. Can be configured in the settings.
* Added option to fade out bottom bar like in Google+ app. Can be enabed in the settings.
* Added Arabic translations
Hi...

Im using this remote but i have a problem. When im skipping around i a song or movie (in the app) it works as intended, but on the phone time dont show the new time mark, it just joes 1 2 3 4 5 6 7.... and so on, i dosent show the new time.

I use XBMC 12.0. Do i have to update to 12.2 at first?

EDIT: Update to 12.02 didnt work, also pause dosent work, but holding pause stops the played song.

Oh and ther remote i sooo cool but im using it for music mostyl and the interface coule need some improvements in that direction. Keep up the good work.

Regards Miccim
The remote should work with both xbmc versions you tried.

The UI not updating is generally an issue with the xbmc notification on tcp port 9090.
Verify that you have enabled the following option under System -> Settings -> Services -> Remote Control

- Allow control of XBMC via HTTP
- Allow programs of this system to control XBMC
- Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC

Otherwise take a look at post #228 http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1353732 to fix it.
Now it works. Thank you.

But when im in "Now playing" i cannot use the pause button for pause, only longpress for close. Is it just the app or something that can be repaired?

Regards Miccim
Does this only stream within home network or stream anywhere?
Reason I ask is because works for me on wifi but that's all.
Have enabled in XBMC, opened ports and ultimately disabled firewall/AV.
Thanks
@Miccim: I don't have xbmc in front of me to verify that the pause button still works on the latest release. Will check that one I get home. Do you have the same problem with the buttons in the notification bar and lockscreen or is it just now playing?

@HojoMojo:
It depends on your setup if streaming will work or not:
- Music works from Home Network as well as from Internet
- Video streaming works from Home Network (limitation of upnp). However if you use a recent (last 3-4 Months) gotham xbmc build streaming will also work from internet since it does not require upnp anymore.
I'm also having a controllability problem - I discovered that, while OK when playing sound tracks from a local network source, if I invoke iPlayer to replay programmes I lose control once it has started playing. I cannot even use local keyboard and mouse - it seems to be completely locked out, and the on-screen isn't getting updated to reflect the position in the programme. My only option (even when the stream has finished) is to forceably reboot the system
Sounds like a bug in xbmc or in the addon you are using. If xbmc hangs it will not process requests from the remote and therefore the remote will not work properly.

The problem could be with the addon version or the version of xbmc you are using. If it only hangs when starting playback from a remote (using json-rpc) there may be a problem in the json-rpc server code itself and you may report it here http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=174
(2013-10-29, 10:04)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]@Miccim: I don't have xbmc in front of me to verify that the pause button still works on the latest release. Will check that one I get home. Do you have the same problem with the buttons in the notification bar and lockscreen or is it just now playing?

@HojoMojo:
It depends on your setup if streaming will work or not:
- Music works from Home Network as well as from Internet
- Video streaming works from Home Network (limitation of upnp). However if you use a recent (last 3-4 Months) gotham xbmc build streaming will also work from internet since it does not require upnp anymore.

Hi...

When i use "remote" feature and browse musicfiles on tv in xbmc i can use "A" button to start at song, but if i try to use the "forward" button next to "pause" it stops playing the song. Same when pressing "backwards". And cannot use "pause" to pause, just longpress to stop song.

When i use "files" navigation in app same things happen allthough in here i can "pause"

In the app in "Now playing" same thing happens

Seems like button mapping is wrong? (Im a noob so its just at thought)

Regards Miccim
Hi,
i have two small problems, when i browse the movie add ons. In some structures i see something like this:
[COLOR red][46°][/COLOR] ...
I thing this are highlight tags, witch can be removed from the string.

And the second one. Is it possible that i can scroll in long entries?

But in any case, thanks for the great tool!

Greats
ForrestOne
(2013-10-29, 14:55)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a bug in xbmc or in the addon you are using. If xbmc hangs it will not process requests from the remote and therefore the remote will not work properly.

The problem could be with the addon version or the version of xbmc you are using. If it only hangs when starting playback from a remote (using json-rpc) there may be a problem in the json-rpc server code itself and you may report it here http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=174
I'm using the latest version of the Music Pump XBMC Remote on an android tablet to 'control' a RaspBMC installation which is up-to-date, but not on nightly builds.
I can access the system via ssh when it stops responding to the Remote and keyboard/mouse, but the screen display isn't getting updated.
Would you say that XBMC is then 'hung'? - I'm not sure where you draw the line.
I would assume that the json-rpc server code is in the XBMC - would that be correct?
(I have this doubt as to what is considered to be the 'server' starting with a setup where the terms server and client seemed to be used the other way round)